Unpopular movie or tv show opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these seem pretty baseline depending on age demographic. Are you under 40? Just curious.

Could be a replicant?

13366_4643dd49216b67d9c617ceb260e45684.jpg

:unsure:

Breaking Bad is one of the most boring TV shows I've ever watched. I only watched b/c of the hype I saw from fellow board members and the amount of money they were throwing into custom figures from this show. I watched the entire series expecting to eventually really get into it and that never happened

Last edited:
Breaking Bad is one of the most boring TV shows I've ever watched. I only watched b/c of the hype I saw from fellow board members and the amount of money they were throwing into custom figures from this show.
Yeah, I watched the first three episodes and thought the show was mediocre at best.

Soooo... under 40 then :lecture:lol
I only just turned 40 and I wouldn't call some of those typical viewpoints of someone within 5 years of my age. So under 35 more like. Not that I'm insinuating such about chrisstbh.

Prey better than Predator? Not to me. But it was surprising.

ROTS the best Star Wars movie? Absolutely not.

Prometheus good? Well, I like it in its own right, but not as part of Alien canon.

Blade Runner boring? For a long time I agreed with that sentiment actually. But 2049 made me look at the original again and appreciate the story more (on top of the visuals & music which I had always liked)

Rogue One and Cap:Civil War being crap? I disagree but I have no other reaction to those opinions.

While I thought The Boys first season was okay, kinda boring, it didn't have me enthused enough to catch season two.
Yeah I haven't watched past the first season either. I really enjoyed it but found Homelander to be such a creepy and despicable character that it kinda put me off wanting to see any more with him. And it feels like a show that gets off a little TOO much on being twisted and outrageous.

James Cameron's Avatar.

This is a movie I actually find hard to gauge what the "popular" opinion is. Those that love it are very vocal and say that movie is overhated. Those that don't like it are also very vocal and say that it is overrated. For either side to say it is overrated/overhated there needs to be clear consensus to the other side but all I see is a very even split.

So, my opinion is that James Cameron's Avatar is a good sci-fi movie. Possibly even a great sci-fi movie. But, I don't know if that is an unpopular opinion or not!

The argument that it follows similar plot threads to Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves is a weak point and irrelevant for me. People will whine and moan about how it "rips off" other stories, like Pocahontas, Dances with Wolves, Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest, The Last Samurai, etc. Here's a question those decriers climb over one another to avoid; how can all those other films work, but not this one? Is there a magic limit that was reached where stories like this cease to function?

I'm excited to go to Pandora again in December.
I remember enjoying it in 2009, but haven't seen it again since despite owning it on Blu Ray. I am seeing it next weekend as it is being re-released at the cinema. I'm really hoping that it holds up still.

Breaking Bad is one of the most boring TV shows I've ever watched. I only watched b/c of the hype I saw from fellow board members and the amount of money they were throwing into custom figures from this show. I watched the entire series expecting to eventually really get into it and that never happened
I don't love the show like many I know, but it's quality TV.

The LOTR films are wildly overrated in my book. I really enjoyed the first film and there are some cool moments throughout the trilogy, but I always struggle to care about any of the characters or their overly long, drawn-out journey.

The Expanse. I know it's supposed to be really good and I love smart scifi, but I can never even get through the first episode.

Mad Max Fury Road is the only good Mad Max movie. :chase

The LOTR films are wildly overrated in my book. I really enjoyed the first film and there are some cool moments throughout the trilogy, but I always struggle to care about any of the characters or their overly long, drawn-out journey.

The Expanse. I know it's supposed to be really good and I love smart scifi, but I can never even get through the first episode.

Mad Max Fury Road is the only good Mad Max movie. :chase
There's just something special about LOTR though, it has this feel about it that no other movie has ever quite captured.

I love The Expanse; I'd put it up there as some of the greatest Sci-Fi ever. Ever.

Of all of the franchises out there, Mad Max is certainly one of them I'll give it that.

There's just something special about LOTR though, it has this feel about it that no other movie has ever quite captured.

I love The Expanse; I'd put it up there as some of the greatest Sci-Fi ever. Ever.

Of all of the franchises out there, Mad Max is certainly one of them I'll give it that.
:rotfl

The first two season of Breaking Bad are a bit rough. The show didn't hit it's stride until Gus Fring and Mike and Saul were fully fleshed out. The other issue is BB clearly had some budgetary issues in the earlier seasons, once it got some critical acclaim, you could see the production values shift upwards. BB was never AMC's flagship show, that was Mad Men.

The first 3-4 episodes of The Expanse are also a chore. Which is too bad, because it really is a great show once it discovers it's strengths and maximizes that.

Something I notice is shows without any real star power take some time to get going. The cast of Breaking Bad, those were all basically fringe actors before it became a hit. But they were cheap to hire and cast, so that's what happened. Same with Walking Dead. And same with Mad Men to start.

At this point, I'm more than happy to skim through some shows or major segments of shows. With Better Call Saul, I skipped basically the entire storyline with Saul and his OCD brother.

With Rings of Power, you can almost skip all of the Harfoots storylines. Same when Homeland was on Showtime. As soon as Brody's daughter showed up, I fast forwarded it. As a rule, when child actors show up, it's very rare that I want to stick around. Most of them are not good at acting. At all. The exception was the daughter in The Americans.

There are also some movies or shows where I'll just skip to the sex and/or violence. There was a Kiefer Sutherland western a few years back. Just fast forwarded it to the gunfights. He's a lousy actor so I understand if it's not Jack Bauer in a cow town, then it's not worth watching that part.

I saw the pilot to The Tudors, looked wearisome, but the same guy who did Vikings did Tudors, so I gave the pilot a chance. I just skipped to the episodes with sex scenes. The sex scenes were really well done.

When I can't get good writing and good acting and good storytelling, sometimes I'll just skim for spectacle. I'm OK with that. A 2 hour movie becomes a distilled down 7 minute action scene. Good enough for me.

I only just turned 40 and I wouldn't call some of those typical viewpoints of someone within 5 years of my age. So under 35 more like.

Prey better than Predator? Not to me. But it was surprising.

ROTS the best Star Wars movie? Absolutely not.

Blade Runner boring? For a long time I agreed with that sentiment actually. But 2049 made me look at the original again and appreciate the story more (on top of the visuals & music which I had always liked)

Primarily, those 3 I would say are the "tells". I'm under 40 myself and I'd say I've known a few people that share those viewpoints.

Not saying it's the case with everyone, but definitely does make me think of a certain demographic/age bracket when I see those sorts of views on those films. Especially, stuff like ROTS being the best.

Back