Media Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection [PS4]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really think MGS V is the best there is for third-person shooters? :lol I'll credit it as having the smoothest controls for a MGS game. But, you can't even climb ledges properly, and you have to stay perfectly still to execute a barrage of CQC punches, otherwise, you'll just throw enemies to the ground. You can't even utilize wall-cover, to peek-and-shoot enemies like you could in MGS 2 to 4.

I think gamers have just gotten lazy. I spent last night playing TLOUR and Uncharted... no problems for me.
Gamers can't play Uncharted for ****, I've seen a lot of them die to silly things on Normal :lol probably since the series is actually meant to be hard from the get go and most aren't used to that, though I'll say even then, the platforming was not perfect. I'm downloading the demo soon.

also if you guys don't want people to assume you're comparing things, word your statements better. :lol

Gamers can't play Uncharted for ****, I've seen a lot of them die to silly things on Normal :lol probably since the series is actually meant to be hard from the get go and most aren't used to that, though I'll say even then, the platforming was not perfect. I'm downloading the demo soon.

also if you guys don't want people to assume you're comparing things, word your statements better. :lol

Pfft. I'm starting U1 remastered on Crushing to speed up the plat.

Btw I saw your crushing playtrough and it was great! Especially how you handled the last boss. :clap

Pfft. I'm starting U1 remastered on Crushing to speed up the plat.

Btw I saw your crushing playtrough and it was great! Especially how you handled the last boss. :clap
I still need to finish U3 on Crushing on my PS3 copy, I feel ashamed for not bothering due to other games :lol

TY though! It's one of my biggest accomplishments on YouTube, and generally gaming since I'm amazed I did it so young compared to so many others. :hi5: I plan on picking up the collection at some point soon, it'll be great playing through more ND greatness this year.

Nah, you probably just didn't read it right.

Funny though, I made this statement a couple of days ago and just saw Kinda Funny Games podcast today said they same exact thing. They weren't comparing the games but did say after coming from playing a lot of Metal Gear that Uncharted felt a bit off, and those guys are major Uncharted fans.

I platted all 3 games and UC1 is by far the most difficult on crushing.

Where UDF stands out as a sentimental favourite for me (although U2 is better in every respect) is probably one of it's biggest criticisms, the dated gameplay. That game taught you how to cover and conserve ammo. Headshots were important, one-shot-kill weapons were important, blindfiring sticky situations were important, mixing weapons and tactics like shotgunning charging enemies. U2 really turned the series into more of a shootfest with more ammo and weapons and brutes and the like to take care of, and then U3 refined how stealth could not only make areas shorter and easier but reward you with rare guns to make the next area easier.

I'll be installing the disc tonight, it's been a long time since I've played any of the games. I've platted all 4 Uncharted games and have played all of them between 4 and 10 times (the 10 being UDF), so I'd like to think I could plat them again, but I might just first settle with a 'soak in the story run' on Hard (or drop down to Normal if my rustyness really needs a warmup) first.

The Last of Us is one of my two favourite linear third person games ever (along with Uncharted 2), and I've never even attempted Survivor or Grounded (and I own both versions), so I won't feel any shame if I skip the two top difficulties in this collection.... although I've achieved more in every PS4 Remaster I've spent time on than their PS3 counterparts (Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and GTAV), so that should be a prompt for me to rise to the challenge here.. lol

Beating the ultimate difficulties in games doesn't mean as much to me any more. I turn 40 shortly, I spend much less time gaming than I did 5-10 years ago. I honestly enjoy soaking in the narrative more these days than I do raging at difficult sections of games..

Yup, I’m done trying to platinum games. I could understand if it offered something like free DLC or something with every platinum, but other then that its a waste of time.

My copy just arrived and I played an hour or so of U1 after downloading the patch, it's smooth as silk and the game is quite a looker despite being a 2007 game. Well done, BluePoint.

OMG Crushing Difficulty is so much easier thanks to the reduced control latency and tighter response! :lol

....and because you have a buddy here with a full walkthrough of that :lol

I've beaten Crushing over the years about 5 times or so and prepped for the collection by going trough Crushing again few months back. Maybe I'm getting old, but I was totally stuck at the last boss for hours so I searched Youtube, and then I was like "WTF? Why didn't I thought of hiding behind the metal crates?"

I then saw the uploader of that vid and went "Dayum". :lol

That being said though, looks like on PS4 it won't be that much of an issue.

I've beaten Crushing over the years about 5 times or so and prepped for the collection by going trough Crushing again few months back. Maybe I'm getting old, but I was totally stuck at the last boss for hours so I searched Youtube, and then I was like "WTF? Why didn't I thought of hiding behind the metal crates?"

I then saw the uploader of that vid and went "Dayum". :lol

That being said though, looks like on PS4 it won't be that much of an issue.
You're always getting old, apparently :lol

That is the reaction of many friends of mine unknowingly watching my videos though :lol

I finished 2 and 3 in the space of 3 days. I think I prefer 3. More puzzles and that level in the boat graveyard and on the ship. Just awesome. Story wasn't as strong as 2 but i think on this remaster 3 has the best shooting mechanics and I like the fighting. Both 2 and 3 can stand among the best looking current gen games IMO. Great job Bluepoint games. Bring on Uncharted 4.

I've finished UDF and U2 on Hard now, and have just started U3. Games haven't caused me too many issues. It's been some years ago, but purely having beaten Hard on all the games multiple times and having beaten Crushing on all of them on PS3, has made Hard a pretty good starting point for a story replay. That's my main focus. The new Tomb Raider game comes out soon, so I should have beaten all 3 games by then, and maybe chipped off the Platinum trophy in UDF. I'm not going to get too hung up on the Plats.

One thing I am pleased is that they've dropped that damn Chain Gun trophy from U2. I'm not really a trophy farmer as such. Yes sometimes there are trophies you'll go out of your way to do a specific method.. like I think I remember how I got the 5 in one explosion in U2 and it involved the beginning of the level after you and Elena first escape in Nepal and weapon select... but generally speaking I get all the x kill trophies just by playing the games and replaying different difficulties and levels. You'll get them all eventually.. not that damned Chain Gun. The only way I know is to exploit the infinite enemy spawn near the end of the game..

Have finished 1 and 2 so far in the remastered trilogy.
1 looks surprisingly decent for a game that is very old by this stage. Don't remember how simple and short it is compared to the sequels but good fun.
2 looks stunning. I'd have no complaints if that were released right now as a PS4 game.

Game mechanics in the later stages of both 1 and 2 against the monsters are still utter dog****, based around duck & cover gameplay and then suddenly introducing monsters that charge and ignore said gameplay mechanic. ... but expected that so no biggie.

Back