Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Hey folks...I had a little downtime during the holiday....but I'm terrible at taking time off. (Trevor needs a life)

Here's Shepard Book. I had a blast attempting this one. Pure fun. I should have him ready by January. I really didn't expect him to even be started until the end of January, but...the spirit moved me.

_shepardbook.jpg

I hope you enjoy. Anzik and darthviper's work on the Nathan Fillion Mal base really inspired me too. You guys help keep this fun for me.

Trev

Gorgeous stuff as usual!

Amazing work as always trev. thanks so much for making these figures possible for us all.

A thought occurred to me a few posts up ... as you're looking for a body for Book, remember: you paint the head, you can paint the hands. Don't get hung up on looking for an AA body, should make life easier.

Entropy- that photo is great! :D

I agree that River will be the most challenging of the characters that are left. All of Serenity's women are the toughest ones, and capturing River's personality could be pretty hard, as well as the challenge of intricate hair. (The molding will be more of a challenge than the sculpting I'd wager.)

I figure the key to River and not just Glau will be the eyes. I don't envy you. Getting the subtle 'damaged doe-eyed innocent mixed with uncontrollable killing machine' across will be tricky business. Plus, behind Mal, she's probably the second most popular and central character. But you're likely up to the challenge. ;)

Book's sculpt is perfection! You really did an amazing job on this, Trevolver!

Hey folks...I had a little downtime during the holiday....but I'm terrible at taking time off. (Trevor needs a life)

_shepardbook.jpg

Trev

Hey, if you can't make yourself take time off, keep up the pace while you're young. I can't believe how fast you're getting through these now. Only the Tams left. Crazy!

The Preacher looks amazing! PM coming.

What do you all think of the Art S. Buck AA figures for Book and Zoe?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

They would be alright. the majority of us used a TTF Cuban for Zoe and the TTA seems to be the choice for book. I think the Buck female is to dark for zoe.

I am using the Jinx body from the SSC Bond line for Zoe at the moment for height reasons and the TT Cuban for Inara. I know under Firefly lighting she looks pale but the lady is a lovely Brazilian. I'm looking into doing some modifications to a female TT torso, legs and arms to increase the height a little for her.

Aawww darnit. I was hoping since I have both of them hidden away in a box somewhere. I haven't looked at them in a long while so I was thinking too muscular the color didn't really occur to me. I wonder if they can be bleached. I know some people that have had good luck dying dolls to get the color they want.

Well anywho thanks SOO much for the info. Looks like I have more saving to do lol.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Hey no problem! That's what we are here for, to help each other.

You could get away with using either of those bodies, you would just need to paint all visible parts the color of the head. With Book that's just the hands.

I'm just not a fan of the bucks proportions but that's just me.

I'm kinda excited today. I just found some fine leather for Zoe's vest. The picture of it was the perfect color too so hopefully the actual material isn't too far off the pic. will be a few weeks before it gets here though. Of course I have to find a body before I can actually make the vest LOL.

Are you doing the firefly or serenity vest? Also do you have a link for the leather your taking about?

I think Firefly suits me best. But it's the camel/tan colored vest that buckles up the side. Think I will do her duster as well when I get to it. I want the clothes to be fitted just like the episodes so I will need to have the bodies in hand before I can make anything. Also I got a hold of some pretty tiny buckles that should do nicely for the ones that run down the sides of the vest. But I want to check the scale before I order the plain versions. Hopefully I can find some decent resolution pictures to get a better idea of color and fit.

I ordered the buckles and the leather from the same place. Little Trimmings They work in 1/12 th Dollhouse scale mostly, but do have some slightly larger stuff as well.

I think Book might be the best of the series so far... so much character in that sculpt! Beautiful work :bow :bow :bow

Back