TOYs ERA - The Fiend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way better. ;)
Nah. Toys Era Goblin is pretty much a perfect figure of Raimi's Goblin.

I don't think hot toys will even do THAT version of him. If you notice, he has 2 different looks in the trailer. Judging from the leaks and the second costume design, here's what i think: he looks exactly the same as SM1 at first, and in the bridge sequence he gets blown up a little and his helmet get's destroyed. For the rest of the movie he just wears goggles on his face as seen in the leaked concept/stuntman pictures. And he gets metal/tech on his suit in all the battle damaged places, and he gets a belt/pumpkin bomb man bag. If you notice in the trailer, he also has a different glider.

So, if hot toys do make him they have to choose between the intact OG Goblin look at the beginning of the movie, or the second look where he wears goggles instead of a helmet, and has added battle damage and bag. Best way to satisfy would probably to do the battle damaged look but include the helmet as well. We can hope. Then they might give Toys Era Goblin a true upgrade.

I don't think hot toys will even do THAT version of him. If you notice, he has 2 different looks in the trailer. Judging from the leaks and the second costume design, here's what i think: he looks exactly the same as SM1 at first, and in the bridge sequence he gets blown up a little and his helmet get's destroyed. For the rest of the movie he just wears goggles on his face as seen in the leaked concept/stuntman pictures. And he gets metal/tech on his suit in all the battle damaged places, and he gets a belt/pumpkin bomb man bag. If you notice in the trailer, he also has a different glider.

So, if hot toys do make him they have to choose between the intact OG Goblin look at the beginning of the movie, or the second look where he wears goggles instead of a helmet, and has added battle damage and bag. Best way to satisfy would probably to do the battle damaged look but include the helmet as well. We can hope. Then they might give Toys Era Goblin a true upgrade.
Was thinking they could go that route too and didnt confirm the different glider till you said it. I hope they do both. Hot Toys likes that double dipping.

Was thinking they could go that route too and didnt confirm the different glider till you said it. I hope they do both. Hot Toys likes that double dipping.
If it's Iron man or Spider-man themselves, but villains don't get made often. Everybody went crazy for Mysterio and Venom so i'm sure they will make Doc Ock and Green Goblin. But i think they will make the upgraded versions since it looks like they get the most screentime. Doc Ock's tenticles are the same as SM2 at first as well, but i'm sure that hot toys will do the version with the added red nanotech off the iron spider suit.

When Doc turns good he gets IronMan tentacles.
I don't think so, in the trailer we only see him with the OG tenticles in the bridge scene, and in the same bridge scene we see him with the nanotech tenticles, presumably after his tenticles hacked the Iron Spider suit that Peter is wearing and stole some of the technology. Then he has them in a "prison" which we can assume is after the bridge sequence. And the leaks say that when he and the others escape again they team up like the sinister six (but with five). So it looks like he has them most of the movie, and he is evil most of the movie.

Screenshot_20211117_013841_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

May also be that Norman and Harry Osborn both came through….

If it's Iron man or Spider-man themselves, but villains don't get made often. Everybody went crazy for Mysterio and Venom so i'm sure they will make Doc Ock and Green Goblin. But i think they will make the upgraded versions since it looks like they get the most screentime. Doc Ock's tenticles are the same as SM2 at first as well, but i'm sure that hot toys will do the version with the added red nanotech off the iron spider suit.
Yeah it's tough, you have 2 versions of each character. Doubt they will have 2 sets of Doc Ock arms and they will have to decide what is the best version. I personally would rather have the non-red villain Doc. For Goblin...that's an even bigger difference. If the end version has a goblin mask in addition to the goggle headsculpt, I'm all for that. Helmet > sculpt for me. Looking again, the glider seems to be the same in NWH.

May also be that Norman and Harry Osborn both came through….
Harry isn't in the movie. And a leaked picture of a stuntman in Dafoe's battle damaged costume with goggles on confirmed that the second glimpse we see of him flying in this trailer is Dafoe. He also has a purple hood on.

Costume test of stunt guy in Dafoe's costume:
Screenshot_20211117_041751.jpg

Leaked pic of Dafoe:
FAJi08bUYAQT4gZ.jpg

Screenshot from trailer:
Screenshot_20211117_041513.jpg

The glider in SM1 wasn't covered in green energy/lights
Oh I thought we was just talking both Goblin versions in the NWH trailer. My bad.

You might want to put some spoiler tags on certain info and pics. Some don't want to jump in and get spoiled.

I like the purple highlights.

I have the Toys Era version of both GG and DO and would happily pick up HT versions.

You could order the normal figure without the glider for $200, and get the soosootoys green menace with the glider if you dont care about screen accuracy. I would have ordered the soosoo version but I'm already getting crunched by hot toys releases.

Back