TonyMeis Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom DC Batman 13"

LOL, we learn from each other to get better:clap I was gone for a year and half to build gunpla (plastic model kit) learn a few skills n came back to better myself. Care to share what types of paint to use to weather the fabric?

Loves your wolverine btw!!! I have another Wolverine in the making, should be next after I work enough on the Second Batman.

:clap:clap

I'm using acrylics for the weathering.
Either washes or drybrushed.
I'm also using a lot of pastels to give a dirty kinda look!

Oh and count me in if you're planning on offering those Bat cape!

I have a new Bat in the work and he will need one of those awesome cape.

What i like the best for my weathering is wokring on the clothing while they are wet and on ethe figure!
That way all the shading works better.

What i like the best for my weathering is wokring on the clothing while they are wet and on ethe figure!
That way all the shading works better.

Perfect! I'll definitly count you in for the cape. N your words of wisdom will mean a whole lot, I'll thank you in the near future by showing you the result. Thanks again Elvis :clap

:clap:clap

I'm using acrylics for the weathering.
Either washes or drybrushed.
I'm also using a lot of pastels to give a dirty kinda look!

Oh and count me in if you're planning on offering those Bat cape!

I have a new Bat in the work and he will need one of those awesome cape.

What are your plans on the new Batman? So I can have idea how to custom the cape for your needs....

I'm planning pretty much the same body as yours except that I will use a head will an integreated cowl.

I think a cape same as yours will work prefectly.

Stage 4 cape test fit front shot. Combination of the sewing patter n weight allow the cape to drapes down real naturally n still remain a nice patter on the floor.

- next, cutting each angle to shape like the comic style. Then I'll take a top shot to view the patter on the floor.

DSC06245.jpg

The cape is large enough to cover up the whole body completely. Also able to do many poses with it.

DSC06246.jpg

(picture below) is Stage 3 cape, it only has 11 corner. Stage 4 has 13. It'll be cut into the stage 3 shape by next week. Stay tune to see the final finish.

DSC06221.jpg

The rear shot of the cape. Because of the sewing, it allow the folding patter to be more comic like. The time n effort has finally pays off. Most importantly, the fabric isn't easy to find, the weight, smoothness, n edges doesn't shred off thru time, it's perfect!

DSC06243.jpg

Next Wednesday Jan 11, 12, I,ll post some more picture of how it fall down from neck to shoulder down.

Might make 10-15 of these for those who wants to customize their Comic Batman.

Last edited:

that cape looks real nice. i still have to take those photos for you tony of the new batman head it got, i havnt forgotton. you be pleased when you get yrs also its a nice sculpt.

might be interested in a cape depending. not sure if im going to customise it to go for a GI snake look to my vigilante batman custom. still waiting on a lot of bits and pieces

that cape looks real nice. i still have to take those photos for you tony of the new batman head it got, i havnt forgotton. you be pleased when you get yrs also its a nice sculpt.

might be interested in a cape depending. not sure if im going to customise it to go for a GI snake look to my vigilante batman custom. still waiting on a lot of bits and pieces

Can't wait to see the photos, that's gonna be something for me to look forward to while working on the second batman.

Btw, what does the G.I.Snake Batman look like?

lol GI snake batman is just a custom idea. have you seen snake eyes from GI joe? well im going to kind of create a batman different from the usual looking bat, more of a military batman - just something different for my collection.

heres a custom batman Elvis did for me, excuse the picture as was taken from my crappy iphone and is to bright. but i absolutley love this piece and is my most favourite figure at the moment :)

bat-1.jpg

tony heres the pics you wanted of that head on a captain america body im goign to use for my vigilante GI snake eyes batman im next going to be working on.

also showed the bottom of the head, i dremeled it and used a little blue tac to keep the neck connector in place. i hate creating holes in head takes me forever

photo-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

lol GI snake batman is just a custom idea. have you seen snake eyes from GI joe? well im going to kind of create a batman different from the usual looking bat, more of a military batman - just something different for my collection.

heres a custom batman Elvis did for me, excuse the picture as was taken from my crappy iphone and is to bright. but i absolutley love this piece and is my most favourite figure at the moment :)

bat-1.jpg

Wow, very nice Military custom Batman. Elvis did a wonderful job on it as always and you are one luck fella to own one of the best there is ;)

tony heres the pics you wanted of that head on a captain america body im goign to use for my vigilante GI snake eyes batman im next going to be working on.

also showed the bottom of the head, i dremeled it and used a little blue tac to keep the neck connector in place. i hate creating holes in head takes me forever

photo-1.jpg

Thank you for the picture. Is that the same head from the Alex Ross 13" or is it completely different one at all?

Last edited:

Can't believe I haven't seen this project before! I love my DCD 13" Modern Batman. How did you make the neck piece? The cape looks good too!

Please let me know if you'll be selling these parts.

Can't believe I haven't seen this project before! I love my DCD 13" Modern Batman. How did you make the neck piece? The cape looks good too!

Please let me know if you'll be selling these parts.

Glad you like it, and thank you. The cape will be up for grab after next week. We'll start another thread to see how many people are interested before we start sewing ourselves away, lol. Pm me for detail.

The neck piece is a bit tricky, it's stil under development as of now. More to come. This Batman isn't nearly finish yet, there are still tons of work to go. I'll post up some update soon.

Last edited:

here are some shot of the cape draping down off the shoulders. Watch the natural fall with the weight of the fabric and the lining creates the fold.

DSC06252.jpg

DSC06253.jpg

This is the top View, once its cut, it'll give that comic book octopus look. Now lets get it cut!!

DSC06250.jpg

Last edited:
Back