Tomandshell's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have impecable taste, Tom! Nothing cheesy there......all that you have are what I would collect if I had the space and funds!:monkey5

It's nice to have an office where you can display whatever you want to your heart's content. How do most business clients/associates/co-workers react to your growing SW collection?:D

DarthRamuk said:
You have impecable taste, Tom! Nothing cheesy there......all that you have are what I would collect if I had the space and funds!:monkey5

It's nice to have an office where you can display whatever you want to your heart's content. How do most business clients/associates/co-workers react to your growing SW collection?:D

Everybody loves it! People on staff come by now and then to check in and see if there are any new additions. I have been threatened more than once that I will come back from vacation one day to an empty office. I work a lot with adolescents who forget all of their problems when they come in for counseling and end up staring at all of my toys with a big grin on their face...

Well, that's an exaggeration, but I have a popular office. And if I could ever get my Boba Fett cookie jar that I ordered from Star Wars Shop last AUGUST, it would be that much better as I would have snacks to offer while people are checking out my stuff.

tomandshell said:
Well, that's an exaggeration, but I have a popular office. And if I could ever get my Boba Fett cookie jar that I ordered from Star Wars Shop last AUGUST, it would be that much better as I would have snacks to offer while people are checking out my stuff.

It's funny, I forgot all about the Boba Fett cookie jar! I ordered mine back in August too.

tomandshell said:
Ahh, the Clone Wars maquettes...

How I wish I had gotten in on those at the beginning. Catching up was pretty expensive!

After watching Padme after Padme go for over $600 each, I've decided that my 5 will have to do. SS is releasing a 12" Padme soon, and GG is releasing a statue of Obi Wan in armor early next year. Hopefully both this releases will drive the prices down of the GG maquettes.

Tom;

I share your thoughts,I know how difficult it is. As a newbee, I even heard of GG like 10 months ago and padme were already gone :lol

Darth Loki said:
After watching Padme after Padme go for over $600 each, I've decided that my 5 will have to do. SS is releasing a 12" Padme soon, and GG is releasing a statue of Obi Wan in armor early next year. Hopefully both this releases will drive the prices down of the GG maquettes.

I only have Grievous maquette which I really am suprised with the quality of it. However, due to high price of Padme,and the upcoming products I cancelled the line for the moment. may be next year I will try to collect again,

BTW, Obi wan in clone armor is one of the favorite anticipated statue in Turkey.

:eek

Jaw droppers all!

I am so envious!
That Salacious Crumb is too cool. Never saw that one before. All of these are too nice Tom.
Great collection.

Potter.jpg

Excellent Display. Nice exclusives. :) As though its off the comic covers. The comics need to be seen more. Probably re-positioned a little or add some risers.

I start to hate myself for cancelling the exclusive sentinel after seeing your vs pieces. Now my collection is missing and I cancel in March the exclusive sentinel with thinking that I might buy from ebay cheaper :monkey2

why am I so stupid sometimes :banghead :banghead

I feel ya, gambit. The vs price just surge up at secondary market. Also cancelled the early this year. :monkey2
Well, lesson learnt to folow your guts sometimes.

sunohc said:
i love the medival knights!
are they 1/6?

where'd u get them!!?? :D

Those are Sideshow's Monty Python and the Holy Grail 12" figures. Sadly, I sold them all earlier this year in an effort to pay for the Grievous statue and make room for the upcoming Star Wars 12" line. :monkey2

Anespian said:
Excellent Display. Nice exclusives. :) As though its off the comic covers. The comics need to be seen more. Probably re-positioned a little or add some risers.

Yes, this is not the permanent solution for the comics. I have tried a few options and have not been happy with the results yet--I want them a little higher and am still looking for a way to make them look nice. (And I already have one waiting for the arrival of Captain America...)

gambit said:
I start to hate myself for cancelling the exclusive sentinel after seeing your vs pieces. Now my collection is missing and I cancel in March the exclusive sentinel with thinking that I might buy from ebay cheaper :monkey2

why am I so stupid sometimes :banghead :banghead

This was a close thing! I had ordered the Sentinel twice and cancelled both orders. The Wolverine piece was actually sold on eBay the day that the Hulk/Spidey went up for sale from Sideshow. After changing my mind, I worked something out with the winning bidder and got to keep the Wolverine, and then lucked out and was one of the last people to get the Sentinel off the wait list. Now I plan on maintaining my perfect record of exclusives in this line. Can't wait for the next one...

Last edited:
Greetings, Tomandshell!
I really like the way the comics you display w/the VS echo the action in the VS pieces! Perhaps you might think about finding really nice copies of those comice and having them CGC'd (graded and cased) as a great way to compliment the VS pieces.
In your pix, I do not see any glare on the cases. Is there glass on any of them, and if not, what do you do to keep the PF's and VS clean?
Great collection!
Thanks for your time.
Best,

snowtrooper1966 said:
In your pix, I do not see any glare on the cases. Is there glass on any of them, and if not, what do you do to keep the PF's and VS clean?

The PFs and VS. dioramas are out in the open. I have to dust them regularly with compressed air and one of those micro fiber cloths. I did pick up a few Detolfs recently, but my GG stuff is going in there. You can take out a shelf and display the PFs, but that option leaves a little too much vertical space for my liking. Also, the shelf space devoted to the Star Wars PF figures is directly behind my desk and is in the most visible spot, so that they are kind of the "centerpiece" of my office, and I want it to stay that way, so I put up with the lack of glass. For now, the Dewback is holding the space reserved for the 1:1 Yoda bust that will be arriving in early 2007.

detolfha1.jpg

Back