Tom Hardy is Venom (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will this movie fare with fans?

• Total voters
Re: Venom Movie: Sony working on the Spin-Off

Crows, please explain to me what that pic represents in relation to me. Never watched the anime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It means that while your asleep the parasite in your arm logs on profile and writes outlandish statements

Venom Movie: Sony working on the Spin-Off

Nah, Wez's response was much better :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This wouldn't be set in the MCU. It would confuse people.

It doesn't matter. Its a shared rights deal. The MCU's Spider-Man (Holland) isn't owned solely by Marvel. He has a contract with both studios. SONY can use him at their leisure.

Venom would never feature the other heroes which is fine because the only hero it needs to feature is Spidey.

This wouldn't be set in the MCU. It would confuse people.

wouldn't it be more confusing to not be? General movie goers aren't going to put 2 and 2 together and will be even more confused if there is a different Spidey than Holland in the Venom film. As much as I'd love for a great Venom film, I feel like it'd make a better Netflix show because I think they could get away with not having Spider-Man in it as much. If Spider-Man isn't going to have much of any role in a Venom film, Carnage would have to be the main "villain" no?

It doesn't matter. Its a shared rights deal. The MCU's Spider-Man (Holland) isn't owned solely by Marvel. He has a contract with both studios. SONY can use him at their leisure.

Venom would never feature the other heroes which is fine because the only hero it needs to feature is Spidey.

No no no . Mcu Spider-Man is solely set in the mcu universe. That's it. The deal was made so marvel and Sony could share the rights . Marvel wanted Spider-Man for years but avi arad would t let go of the rights .

This Spider-Man is for the mcu iteration. This venom project is arad trying to hold on to what's left of Spider-Man. I mean come on it's a movie set in a different universe I don't think they'd be stupid enough to have the same Spider-Man in two different universes with different lore and background. That's confusing. Holland is mcu. Amy pascal made this deal happen so Sony can have Spider-Man in the mcu.

This whole project is from a man angry that he doesn't have his toy anymore and is now trying hard to stay relevant

wouldn't it be more confusing to not be? General movie goers aren't going to put 2 and 2 together and will be even more confused if there is a different Spidey than Holland in the Venom film. As much as I'd love for a great Venom film, I feel like it'd make a better Netflix show because I think they could get away with not having Spider-Man in it as much. If Spider-Man isn't going to have much of any role in a Venom film, Carnage would have to be the main "villain" no?

Yes it would be confusing if it's in a different universe and has different lore and characters than mcu Spider-Man. Venom spidey could have a new cast, a new story, a new attitude from mcu spidey . People would think it's odd that the two Spider-Man movies that just came out don't connect properly

Maybe this is a completely new venom story that has nothing to do with spiderman. Maybe this time the symbiote never joined with spiderman. Maybe it already had those spiderman powers from space.

Sony emoji:

HDEEBWd.jpg

No no no . Mcu Spider-Man is solely set in the mcu universe. That's it. The deal was made so marvel and Sony could share the rights . Marvel wanted Spider-Man for years but avi arad would t let go of the rights .

This Spider-Man is for the mcu iteration. This venom project is arad trying to hold on to what's left of Spider-Man. I mean come on it's a movie set in a different universe I don't think they'd be stupid enough to have the same Spider-Man in two different universes with different lore and background. That's confusing. Holland is mcu. Amy pascal made this deal happen so Sony can have Spider-Man in the mcu.

This whole project is from a man angry that he doesn't have his toy anymore and is now trying hard to stay relevant

I understand that YOU personally wouldn't want Holland in this movie but the deal allows SONY to use Holland. Spidey/Holland doesn't belong to Feige.

I understand that YOU personally wouldn't want Holland in this movie but the deal allows SONY to use Holland. Spidey/Holland doesn't belong to Feige.

Not me personally it just makes logical sense to not have a Spider-Man made to headline the new Disney movies also be a lead or background character in a totally different universe that doesn't connect to the mcu. This Spider-Man could have an old aunt may . Homecoming has a younger one. Things like that would confuse people.

Back