To pressure cast or not to pressure cast..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultramanimator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just starting to experiment with casting in resin and wanted to see if any of you guys use a pressure pot when casting. I'm going to be starting with Smooth-On's normal resin and then trying my hand at some of the translucent stuff.

Any help, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you are trying translucent it is better to pressure cast because any bubbles you have to fill are harder to fix with the translucent material

Last edited:
Pressure casting is always better. Its reduces the air bubbles. I got mine for about $40 at sears. Harbor freight tools also has it

If you are trying translucent it is better to pressure cast because any bubbles you have to fill are harder to do fix to the translucent material

This and small parts are the only reasons, imo, to pressure cast. I've had no problems whatsoever with bubbles or defects when casting simple heads and such.

But anyone know of a good inexpensive pressure pot?

I first bought the harbor freight tools but took it back. The one I got didn’t have a good seal. Then I got the one from Sears for about $90.

Sorry typo earlier it was about 90 bucks.

You will have to plug the output line. I just put a pressure gauge on it and then add your air source to the input.

Anyone have a recommendation for particular pressure pots? I'm looking to shop around for a pressure pot for recasting and molds.

Back