Custom Clone replacement heads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Props to your paint skills!! He looks great. The three scars are cool, i didnt even see them on mine.
Yeah. It’s a nice touch.
And thanks. All I did was mix up paint to the correct colour and used a makeup sponge to dab it on in a few layers.
I was surprised it worked. My first idea was to buy a matching makeup foundation. But the paint works so perfectly I will use that again.
This is my new fave clone head as it will be so versatile.
And just in case anyone was looking for competitively priced Rex sculpts, I stocked up, and will probably be selling them with this one being a better base for customs. Just hit me up if you’re looking for any Rex heads as I have 11.

Last edited:
...... ELEVEN!!!! OMG! lol wow
I know. I don’t even have any full clone troopers.
But I might some day, and until Jesse showed up, Rex looked like the best base for customs.
I have two Cody, eleven Rex, Six echo and seven Jesse(MD parted him again last night and I just snagged another three heads).

IMG_2741.jpeg

Eleven Rex on the left, then two Cody up top, three Jesse(With a few more on the way), four echo below those(With one on the dash of my car and one on a figure on a shelf), and the Jesse at the top of the picture on a painting stand.

My friend, you are completely unhinged. I like that about you. :cool:

Meanwhile my Darman custom has taken a back seat for far too long. Time to put him back on the slab.

No progress pix yet; he's not ready. Armor is black, currently detailing - and how I've chosen to do it is really time-consuming. I will be leapfrogging him and Wolffe, who will be an ALPINE CHALLENGE and I dont mean maybe. Darman is easy compared to him. I'm looking at the amount of masking I'm going to have to do and I'm already :(

I tell myself that he's going to be more detailed than the SSC version and also, he will not cost $700-ish. So this is worth doing, yet I expect plenty of headaches.

No progress pix yet; he's not ready. Armor is black, currently detailing - and how I've chosen to do it is really time-consuming. I will be leapfrogging him and Wolffe, who will be an ALPINE CHALLENGE and I dont mean maybe. Darman is easy compared to him. I'm looking at the amount of masking I'm going to have to do and I'm already :(

I tell myself that he's going to be more detailed than the SSC version and also, he will not cost $700-ish. So this is worth doing, yet I expect plenty of headaches.
Ahh. No worries. I did check back the thread when you mentioned it just in case I had missed it.
I was just curious as to whether you were sharing WIP images of it.

Ahh. No worries. I did check back the thread when you mentioned it just in case I had missed it.
I was just curious as to whether you were sharing WIP images of it.

Not yet. I test-fit most of his parts on the body I'm using - super tempted to get a Worldbox, but this one is here now, so.... I test fit the parts. and suddenly Darman was lying there looking back up at me. I am going to start pushing hard to finish this one.

I have struggled SO HARD with Etain's costume, y'all, its been awful. Months ago I ordered what I thought was a light tan one-piece bodysuit for underneath her robe - what they sent me was Halloween orange. :cautious: Seller is from outside the US so I didnt even bother struggling with a return. I just now had the heart to go try something else for her. For female action figures, if its not red, blue, white or black you are about to have honey bunches of trouble finding what you want. Etain is the least glamorous figure ever and everything is CLEAVAGGGEEEE, no..... I dont want that....

You know, if I wanted Halloween orange it would be impossible to find. I would not find that in a million years.

Not yet. I test-fit most of his parts on the body I'm using - super tempted to get a Worldbox, but this one is here now, so.... I test fit the parts. and suddenly Darman was lying there looking back up at me. I am going to start pushing hard to finish this one.

I have struggled SO HARD with Etain's costume, y'all, its been awful. Months ago I ordered what I thought was a light tan one-piece bodysuit for underneath her robe - what they sent me was Halloween orange. :cautious: Seller is from outside the US so I didnt even bother struggling with a return. I just now had the heart to go try something else for her. For female action figures, if its not red, blue, white or black you are about to have honey bunches of trouble finding what you want. Etain is the least glamorous figure ever and everything is CLEAVAGGGEEEE, no..... I dont want that....

You know, if I wanted Halloween orange it would be impossible to find. I would not find that in a million years.

Have you tried dye?
On occasion i receive an item that isn't what i ordered, or something i get that i want a different colour, i bleach the current colour away and try dying it another colour. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
Worth a try if it's already orange, lol.
TA parted Jesse again last night. Got another two heads.

Have you tried dye?
On occasion i receive an item that isn't what i ordered, or something i get that i want a different colour, i bleach the current colour away and try dying it another colour. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
Worth a try if it's already orange, lol.
TA parted Jesse again last night. Got another two heads.

I dont know the composition of the fabric, so I have not attempted any manipulation of the fabric. Im thinking theres polyester involved, which wont accept dye.

Back