Custom Clone replacement heads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some thought, this and only this has to be the Fordo head I end up using: he needs that level of sneer.
image0 (11)crop.jpg

Because you just know, this would be one arrogant guy. How could he not be? So this is the bare resin, he's in prep right now.

This build is coming along. His lower body is just plain white, which helps matters. I should have dull-coted his leg armor and boots, but after the level of fear involved in getting his feet on, idk. We'll see. I really just hate hate hate taking hands and feet on and off. Even with a hair dryer its just awful.

[He got tired of bare feet, though.]

Etain and Darman are done, except for one thing. I bought her a light saber and painted it. The HT one I had was just too big for her hand, so the new one had a smaller hilt. When placing it in her hand... I broke it. That was an expensive break. I saved the pieces for another project, maybe.

Just throwing this out there for those who might be like minded on this issue: there's a lot of figures HT is very unlikely to ever, ever make. And if they did, they'd be $300+. Bummer. I am one of those weirdos who will happily mix HT and 1/6 statues on the same shelf; I just don't care. As long as they're the same scale.

For long I have wanted Zam to go with Jango. I think that would look super-cool. So on Etsy I find a Zam who comes in 1/6 scale, unpainted. Facially, she does not look much like Zam but I bet some good paint will do wonders.

lfn zam.jpg

Also out there are many others, including DENGAR who I have wanted a version of for years! YEARS, I SAY, Kit Fisto, and there's a really nice Captain Enoch out there. I don't really want to pay HT prices for an unimportant [to me] character like Enoch, but he would be *super fun* to paint. And his base is pretty. Would I pay $76? for these unpainted sixth scale figs? Bet your bippy I would.

I am NOT this seller and not affiliated with them, I am just sick of wanting figures I am never going to get any other way. I am very likely to order either Zam or Dengar this coming Friday, I'll keep ya posted on how the transaction goes.

here's Enoch. How fun would he be to paint? There is nothing more fun to paint than special effects. He just looks like sheer painting enjoyment.

Screen Shot 01-30-24 jpg crop.jpg

Fordo, Fordo Fordo.... [insert frustrated scream here]

image1 fordo s3.jpg
image0 fordo s3.jpg

This bad boy aint done yet.

Pet peeve: When sculpting ppl wearing mohawks, STOP!!!! sculpting hair on the sides of their heads, leave that part completely shaved bald PLEASE. Its such a PITA!!! And I dont feel like spending three days sanding it off. Just don't do it! Ugh!

Fordo is often depicted in fan art wearing tattooed red jaig-eyes on his forehead. I decided to leave those off, as the mere idea seems hokey to me. Would Fordo do that? Or would he think all glory belongs to the Republic? I'm leaning latter-wise.

After a great deal of work, I am finally getting my Asian/Latino skin tones more where I want them. I am used to painting extremely fair people and its a fight to adjust that, you wouldn't think it would be but it is. Painting men is a huge adjustment for me and I am determined to get better. SHOUT OUT TO: Createx's "Bloodline" line of paints. It is chef's kiss! I love that line so so much.

Work continues on his armor.

Next/concurrent project: the infamous Zam. I am looking forward to painting that bad girl. Then Kal Skirata, and then my OC 212th ARC trooper.

Last edited:
Updates: Zam is here and she is really cool, and is going to be a beast to paint as she is going to have to be mostly assembled to do so. I prefer to paint the figure and the base separately, but her feet are kind of actually incorporated into the base so there's that.

After a great deal of waiting and watching this headsculpt go literally all over the US instead of even sort of straight to my house, Mayday finally got here. Seriously it was over two weeks. I want to say he went to TX, them back up to PA, then down to GA where he was for like four days. Then over here. Absolutely stupid! What is worse is that I want to kitbash him worse than ever. I want to put him and Cross on their own shelf, to give the rest of the boys more room. I wont isolate Cross without a friend, though.

image0 mayday.jpg

Back