ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone selling the collections lol, get out now people, its a deal franchise that george himself doesn't care about. He just signed another 5 year deal, he has no interest in finishing the books. Hbo has no chance, no one cares about a prequel to a garbage story.

I'm having quite the conundrum trying to figure out how to display my GoT figures in 2 shelves of detolfs.

I already have 9 figures... with another 6 coming if I get all the ones I want... and that's leaving behind quite a few. But no way I can get 15 figures onto 2 shelves without it looking like child's bedroom.

I believe I must practice the Art of the Alternating Display.

I'm having quite the conundrum trying to figure out how to display my GoT figures in 2 shelves of detolfs.

I already have 9 figures... with another 6 coming if I get all the ones I want... and that's leaving behind quite a few. But no way I can get 15 figures onto 2 shelves without it looking like child's bedroom.

You'll definitely need at least "one" dedicated Detolf, for so many figures. One shelf with "3" figures and three shelves with "4". Definitely doable. (not counting the top of the Detolf.)

If you try to jam in "15" figures into two shelves, it is going to look like Studio 54 on a Saturday night, back in the 70's...

You're right. But I have a limited number of detolfs... and a lot of franchises I collect. So I have gotten to the point where I will need to rotate figures in and out of the display. Out of 15 figures, I will display no more than 7-8 at any one time, something like that. Basically the entire GoT display will change characters even 6 months.

Was talking about this in the Legolas threat but I have a curio cabinet dedicated to my Star Wars and Marvel figures. Getting a second eventually for Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and video game figures. They really help maximize space. Recommend checking them out.

Was talking about this in the Legolas threat but I have a curio cabinet dedicated to my Star Wars and Marvel figures. Getting a second eventually for Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and video game figures. They really help maximize space. Recommend checking them out.

At the moment, I have no room for curios. I wish. Maybe one day.

You're right. But I have a limited number of detolfs... and a lot of franchises I collect. So I have gotten to the point where I will need to rotate figures in and out of the display. Out of 15 figures, I will display no more than 7-8 at any one time, something like that. Basically the entire GoT display will change characters even 6 months.

I fully understand. I've got "9" Detolfs and it is no where near what I need for display space. The worst part of it is that I'm a very picky purchaser, in regards to 1/6 figures and find it really hard putting any away, once they have been set up on display. It gets doubly difficult when it involves specific lines/collections and you have to decide which figures in the line get to stay out and which stay in storage.

I know, its tough, but something's got to break.

I feel it might be nice to see a whole new display every 6 months or so. And I would do this with other collections as well, Star Wars, LOTR, etc. Star Wars is a huge space hog for me, taking up almost two full detolfs alone plus 3 of the 5 tops. I could easily put two shelves out of seven away and right there I'd have my GoT space.

I figure I need a closet storage box for the figures I remove so I can easily access them and swap them out in time.

Posted these in the Sansa thread in error.

Photos taken from a group Im in on FB so credit to the owner, these are not my pics.

0F0AD14C-2A13-411D-9601-8C12BA5E8BED.jpeg

992746BD-BD7D-473F-9C59-5F12DE24D6A1.jpeg

It's nice to know they gave her a taller body. Could be extensions..The face definitely an upgrade particularly in that second picture . Still not crazy about the dress.

And I still didn't get a shipping notice.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The likeness on the new Daenerys is definitely better. The nose looks too big, but it might be lens distortion. I don't know what female body TZ is using, but it looks terrible. The increased height is better, but the football player shoulders and beefy arms ruin the illusion. The stiff looking fabric on a pretty basic outfit and the flat paint isn't helping. Some of these lines are starting to become more focused on just checking characters off the list as opposed to maintaining high level quality and artisanship. This is basically a "good enough" release, but it's several notches below Hot Toys quality. I've POed the figure and I'm glad it's being produced, but I also realize that in the back of my mind I'm thinking I may eventually want to send it out for a body swap, repaint, and maybe a few more tweaks. There are always folks who will "push" the figure to get the optimal look, so I'll see what those efforts yield.

The likeness on the new Daenerys is definitely better. The nose looks too big, but it might be lens distortion. I don't know what female body TZ is using, but it looks terrible. The increased height is better, but the football player shoulders and beefy arms ruin the illusion. The stiff looking fabric on a pretty basic outfit and the flat paint isn't helping. Some of these lines are starting to become more focused on just checking characters off the list as opposed to maintaining high level quality and artisanship. This is basically a "good enough" release, but it's several notches below Hot Toys quality. I've POed the figure and I'm glad it's being produced, but I also realize that in the back of my mind I'm thinking I may eventually want to send it out for a body swap, repaint, and maybe a few more tweaks. There are always folks who will "push" the figure to get the optimal look, so I'll see what those efforts yield.

I'm in total agreement with you. To be honest, this figure should be in the $130 or so range. It is as bare-boned as a typical Xensation GoT figure but no where near the artisanship level.

Back