ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely and improvement over the first one, but just not enough for me to double dip.

This is about where I land. If the price matched the simplicity of the costume and lack of accessories I would perhaps buy. But this would probably have to be about $120 for me to go for it. I'll stick with V1 and wait for Dark Dany.

It does feel overpriced relative to their other GOT releases, though Im not convinced the complexity of the costume is one of the culprits. Lack of accessories for sure, but comparing the 2 outfits (dress, cloak, trousers, boots, neckwear), couldnt the production cost be about the same for each, cut for cut and stitch for stitch? I think if this were $20 less at $158 (maybe even at $168), the price would not have raised eyebrows, especially if Threezero hadnt started charging for shipping, which is a definite bummer.

The original Daenerys exclusive was $180 on Threezero?s site. Subtract a generous $40 to $50 for the whip, vest, and 3 dragons, but add back in $20 for 5 years of toyflation and we are at $150 to $160. If we allow it another $10 to $20 for supposedly being ?limited? were up to $160 to $180. (Plus shipping now.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the leggings and boots under the dress.

e0b2e2f75f6980426007ffae9cc7589e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the sculpt. Still underwhelmed by the dress.Its just not my favorite look.

Can anyone confirm that has both Daenerys if this is the same body just with leg extensions?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the review and pictures, whitd.

I do prefer the 'new' sculpt and I like the dragon necklace. I think the white dress is more or less accurate to what she wore in that scene, despite the bulky material. Once futzed, she will look nice on display and really pop against the other darker characters surrounding her. This virginal version will also be a nice contrast if we get Dark Dani in her final outfit.

I would like to pick this up for a lower price if I can in the future.

OK, perfect. I'll need to look into that. Thanks guys!

I used large salt crystals and glue to make some snow chucks that came out rather well for my snowy Raiders thug... but I like the look of the soft powdery snow much better for this figure. Really raises the entire figure up a notch. Makes you shiver.
Wor, I can also really recommend a product called "snow-tex" by deco art (a michaels brand I believe). It's spreadable and has the consistency of marshmallow creme. But it hardens like a rock and has a very nice effect. You can even paint it different tones if you want sand, dirt, etc. I've even used it to patch holes in the wall lol.

That likness is a huge improvement. I could barely sell the original at one time, 100% a regretted purchase. I wonder how this one will fare in the long run given it has a better likeness, but a less striking outfit.

It def looks more like Emilia Clarke, but i wouldn't say it's spot on or anything. I don't like the dress, it looks a little cheap, like something on a barbie doll. I'm waiting for s8 Dany as threezero absolutley knock the fur outfits out of the park.

Head sculpt looks very good. But I'm still waiting on the inevitable black outfit version.

Part of me feels like I'd rather get the white dress version...she was still a great character at that point. It started to unfortunately go wrong in the black dress...I guess we should have noticed the foreshadowing.

Wor, I can also really recommend a product called "snow-tex" by deco art (a michaels brand I believe). It's spreadable and has the consistency of marshmallow creme. But it hardens like a rock and has a very nice effect. You can even paint it different tones if you want sand, dirt, etc. I've even used it to patch holes in the wall lol.

That sounds very interesting, especially the part about repairing holes in the wall as well. :)

Part of me feels like I'd rather get the white dress version...she was still a great character at that point. It started to unfortunately go wrong in the black dress...I guess we should have noticed the foreshadowing.

You've got a good point. In my case, I have a very limited number of GoT figures. My plan is to have just Jon 2.0 with his advisor, Davos, and Dany (Season 7 or 8) with her advisor, Tyrion 2.0. My only other figure is the "Night's Watch" Jon Snow. I've been tempted to go deeper into this line but LOTR is my main "Fantasy" collection.

It seemed like every character went with black outfits - Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, etc.

5EAAFCC4-C6E5-42F3-A4EB-C4D1CF1B8851.jpg

Daenerys has arrived in Ireland and I must say she is a huuuuge improvement on version 1. I think she looks great in person and definitely recommend you pick her up if you’re on the fence.

Back