ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted these in the Sansa thread in error.

Photos taken from a group Im in on FB so credit to the owner, these are not my pics.

View attachment 511552

View attachment 511553

I agree with the comments here -- very overpriced considering. The 'limited edition' gag aside, not too much work went into improving her. I'm not even sure that is a new sculpt, just a cleaner cast and better paint maybe. Same eyes, nose and mouth -- different eyebrows and smaller irises. The hands are the same. Body too with extensions. Dress reminds me of the HT Leia dress material. Covering her arms with those side-cape thingies would vastly improve the look.

I really want to like this... but...

Yeah the fact they didn't even bother giving this the same stellar paint job that the first proto had (and that they give all their protos) kinda shows how little effort was put into this.

Although I guess it is a bit more honest that way, and we won't have to be surprised by the huge drop in quality this time. Lol

It's nice to know they gave her a taller body. Could be extensions..The face definitely an upgrade particularly in that second picture . Still not crazy about the dress.

And I still didn't get a shipping notice.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I just got the shipping notice today, it is being sent via DHL.

IMG_2687.jpg

Heres my rather modified Jon.

That is spectacular! Bravo!

Did you hair the head yourself? I've been looking around for a haired head, there used to be plenty but they are hard to find nowadays.

Also, if you don't mind divulging a trade secret, how did you do the snow? I've done it with salt and glue but yours looks much finer, like powder.

That is spectacular! Bravo!

Did you hair the head yourself? I've been looking around for a haired head, there used to be plenty but they are hard to find nowadays.

Also, if you don't mind divulging a trade secret, how did you do the snow? I've done it with salt and glue but yours looks much finer, like powder.

Wor-Gar, I highly recommend a product from "Woodland Scenics" who have been around for many years in the model train hobby.

Here is a link for it on Ebay: Soft Flake Snow

You may be able to find it cheaper at other shops.

View attachment 512168

Heres my rather modified Jon.

Fantastic! Hmm, now I'm thinking if I should hair my Nut Piz sculpt. Boy, do I hate doing it though. I love the snow effect with the blowing cape, and the stand with the name plate.

Wor-Gar, I highly recommend a product from "Woodland Scenics" who have been around for many years in the model train hobby.

Here is a link for it on Ebay: Soft Flake Snow

You may be able to find it cheaper at other shops.
^ Yup. Woodland Scenic is useful has a lot of stuff that's great for dioramas and stands.
But does it set or harden in place? I don't want it to fall off of blow away when I move the figure.
You'll have to use a spray glue that they have available. It's something that can be made as well though.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

But does it set or harden in place? I don't want it to fall off of blow away when I move the figure.

Yup. Woodland Scenic is useful has a lot of stuff that's great for dioramas and stands.You'll have to use a spray glue that they have available. It's something that can be made as well though.

The Fiend is right. There is a glue that works with it, to set it up permanently.

OK, perfect. I'll need to look into that. Thanks guys!

I used large salt crystals and glue to make some snow chucks that came out rather well for my snowy Raiders thug... but I like the look of the soft powdery snow much better for this figure. Really raises the entire figure up a notch. Makes you shiver.

Back