ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Game of Thrones? ?????

If you don't like my opinion then just ignore me and do not insult me on this board.
I'll second this post. Insults aren't called for at all, but when you do it for someone stating a simple opinion then it is way out of line. Everyone is entitled to their honest opinions and can express those here. So lay off.

Did you know one of the embroidered fabrics used in Joffreys costume is the same fabric used on Jack Sparrow's vest in On Stranger Tides?

I didn't. Though to me that just says they didn't try hard enough to be different. LOTR has been around for half a century and has well established a look to fantasy fiction with it's book cover paintings that has been copied over and over again. So for me LOTR gets a pass for being derivative of fantasy images since it was the first. I also feel they did try to do something different there with the costumes and armor in the films. If I was going to do a fantasy TV series today, I'd want to be as different as possible from what has already been done. I just don't feel they accomplished that on GOT.

It was supposed to be funny, but seriously, you state that GoT is "dragging along" (but you're a fan :lol ) and you're going to spend your money on Hobbit and other better things, but hope for a Lena headsculpt so you can avoid her "uninteresting costumed figure, but use the sculpt on an awesome SCC figure where she'll be in a super cool jeans, wife beater, and maybe even jacket. Whoop dee doo!
Why keep coming back just to insult something people are interested in?

Also, I didn't respond to you, I responded with an opinion other members asked. My answers were pretty much dead on imo, too bad they were dead on you apparently.

If you believe I've insulted the show that doesn't give you the right to insult me. I've never said that people that like the costumes on GOT are anything.
You responded to me since I was the only one here that said the costumes weren't interesting on the show.

I've watched GOT since it's premiere and do feel it's been dragging at times, that doesn't mean I hate the show or that I'm insulting it, I just want it to be better.
Fine, I'll state the costumes are nothing of merit on SCC. My interest in SCC is for the character and Lena Headey, not the costume. If I have a choice I'd rather have her as Sarah or Gorgo (I do own that figure) than Cersei. I do like a few select characters on GOT, but I'm not as interested in figures of them. If they were more interesting looking, then I would definitely consider it.

Tywin Lannister wears it too.

tywin.jpg

Film-Review-Pirates-o_Gree_20110520042511_640_480.JPG

So if anyone has an spare HT CJS vests hold on to them, you may want to use them for a custom Tywinn costume if ThreeZero doesn't make him.

Tywin Lannister wears it too.

tywin.jpg

Film-Review-Pirates-o_Gree_20110520042511_640_480.JPG

So if anyone has an spare HT CJS vests hold on to them, you may want to use them for a custom Tywinn costume if ThreeZero doesn't make him.

Eagle eyes., jo. :clap
I hope it wouldn't come to that,. Tywin would be one of my top choices, I hope he doesn't get excluded from the mix.

Just saw the picture in the OP. Great news. Can't wait to have a collection of these on my shelf.

Personally the ones I would buy are:
-Tyrion Lannister
-Ned Stark
-John Snow
-Jamie Lannister
-Daenerys Targaryen

People go crazy when stuff like this is announced. I doubt we'll have any real issues with scale - it looks like they're tackling Tyrion first (YAY!) and aside from Khalessi, I don't think we'll be getting any other women. Do you really need an Ayra? Okay, maybe Briane.

But for the likely figures - Jon, Jamie, Ned, Tywin - could all be the same body. Okay, the Hound would need something different. And Joffrey if they were to go there.

People go crazy when stuff like this is announced. I doubt we'll have any real issues with scale - it looks like they're tackling Tyrion first (YAY!) and aside from Khalessi, I don't think we'll be getting any other women. Do you really need an Ayra? Okay, maybe Briane.

But for the likely figures - Jon, Jamie, Ned, Tywin - could all be the same body. Okay, the Hound would need something different. And Joffrey if they were to go there.

If they make a Hound then yes, I definitely want an Arya. They were one of my favorite parts of this season ( or last season, however you choose to take that.)

No because I like SCC a lot more than GOT which keeps dragging along.
Yes the majority of the costumes (especially the armor) on GOT are uninteresting and look like the rejected designs for some historical medieval drama. They have a strange fantasy world with odd seasonal patterns, a vast strange fictional history, people and lands that never existed and they give them boring unimaginative medieval armor. LOTR & The Hobbit has far better costume design and I'd rather spend my money there.
The only characters that look interesting are Drogo and Brienne, I would consider buying them, but stupid looking parade helmets, furs, and medieval dresses don't do anything for me.

Well okey dokey. Disagree about the costumes and definitely disagree that ANYTHING from the Hobbit/LOTR is better than ASOIAF/GOT. But ya like what ya like. :peace

Whaaaat? Why not? As long as they don't look like Barbie/Tonner dolls I'd buy them.
The women in GoT are strong characters and should be considered just as much as any male figure. Khaleesi will be made most certainly and as for the others
Ayra...
Cersai..
Catelyn Stark/Lady Stoneheart...
Brianne ...Absolutely should be made. :D

I could see Arya because she's so popular and Dany, maybe Brienne too. All others would be no surprise if they weren't made.

Cersai is such a manipulative *****! How can she be overlooked?
She's on everyone's "I love to hate" list. :lol

Of the Lannister clan...I think (and hope) for 4 figures... Tywin, Jamie, Tyrion and Cersai. :)

How do licenses work? Are they applied for for a certain amount of time or for a certain number of characters?

If they or any company makes Game of Thrones 1/6 scale I'm down for everything and anything. take me money!

If you believe I've insulted the show that doesn't give you the right to insult me. I've never said that people that like the costumes on GOT are anything.
You responded to me since I was the only one here that said the costumes weren't interesting on the show.

I've watched GOT since it's premiere and do feel it's been dragging at times, that doesn't mean I hate the show or that I'm insulting it, I just want it to be better.
Fine, I'll state the costumes are nothing of merit on SCC. My interest in SCC is for the character and Lena Headey, not the costume. If I have a choice I'd rather have her as Sarah or Gorgo (I do own that figure) than Cersei. I do like a few select characters on GOT, but I'm not as interested in figures of them. If they were more interesting looking, then I would definitely consider it.

The show is amazing. I'd like everything to be better though in theory. You do realize it's based on books though right?

I'd love a Jon Snow and a Ygritte on top of the other usual characters. I'd be in for any House Stark, at least Robb and Ned but I for one would love an Arya.

I think Jon Snow would be a pass for me. Kit Harrington does alright but he has brought nothing new or interesting to the character, and I think the Jon Snow character needed it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

If they do a full blown line Jon Snow is a very likely choice. I'll buy him but like already mentioned my main want is the Hound. I love Game of thrones (books and show) so I'll but it all if nothing more then to support the line, also I'll probably want it all. :wink1:

Oh, Jon Snow is a given I think. If this line is real and Ned and Tyrion are their first two figures I wouldn't be surprised if Jon was their third.

Back