ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dany looks great here but we’ve been burnt badly before by TZ.

0A2EFA2D-2694-42C1-8EC4-DCC052619B53.jpeg

Attachments

• 284DB20A-40A0-4D47-BFFB-DAEBACC94EF9.jpeg
    284DB20A-40A0-4D47-BFFB-DAEBACC94EF9.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 0
Looks like the same head and hair sculpt from the white dress version. Which is fine by me. I've got that figure and it looks really nice in hand. At least the outfit will cover the weirdly chonky wrist joints that they keep insisting on giving this body. Seems like all the Daenys they're previewing in this batch have some kind of sleeve or bracelet to cover it, so that's good.

Generally speaking, I appreciate ThreeZero's outfits/tailoring but the head sculpts are lacking - these new ones seem to be half-a$$ed/lazy releases.

• Season 2 Daenerys figure appears to be a re-use of their original Danny head sculpt (blue dress figure).

• Season 7 Daenrys figures looks like a re-use of the head sculpt from the most recent Season 5 release - the limited edition white dress figure.

InArt is probably going to be $400-500 (rooted) per figure whereas ThreeZero will be under $200.

I will probably PO these ThreeZero figures as placeholders since it could be years before InArt releases their version(s).

Yeah, I’m tempted to grab one just to have it. Hopefully InArt has theirs up for PO by the time this releases
F4A852BF-C532-43D7-82C0-00D86E63A0A3.jpeg

Worst comes to worst, the original 3Z sculpt is actually amazing. Just needs a good paint job

I think a lot of the 3Z sculpts are actually quite good - they just don't go a great job on the painting. I had Brienne repainted and it helped a lot. Sucks to have to spend that kind of money on the figures, but, they will look really good with a proper paint job.

Wow, that repaint above is stunning.
Yeah, I'd almost like to know who did it so I can send mine there as well - but part of me knows I'll be lining up for an InArt version (provided they show they can put quality out once pieces start shipping).

I'll buy one of these Danys but not sure it'll be a long term solution.

I wish ThreeZero would be making Dany's The Long Night white outfit (with red) rather than the more simple Beyond the Wall white version.

I'm happy they're doing either though.

I wish ThreeZero would be making Dany's The Long Night white outfit (with red) rather than the more simple Beyond the Wall white version.

I'm happy they're doing either though.
They're actually pretty similar. I'm very tempted with those S7 Dany, both versions, black and white outfits. Again, once InArt gives more info and we know at least which version they're going with, I'll make a decision.

Looks like the same head and hair sculpt from the white dress version. Which is fine by me. I've got that figure and it looks really nice in hand. At least the outfit will cover the weirdly chonky wrist joints that they keep insisting on giving this body. Seems like all the Daenys they're previewing in this batch have some kind of sleeve or bracelet to cover it, so that's good.

Do you think it will be the exact same seamless body for Season 7 Dany (or one with joints)?

I'm always afraid to pose the seamless Dany figures in anything but museum poses.

With the new Season 7 coat figure, I can pose more freely (but at the risk of the seamless elbow joints splitting underneath the clothing).

I think a lot of the 3Z sculpts are actually quite good - they just don't go a great job on the painting. I had Brienne repainted and it helped a lot. Sucks to have to spend that kind of money on the figures, but, they will look really good with a proper paint job.

I've seen some of these Brienne repaints and they are pretty good, really brought the underlying sculpt to life.

Brienne (the actress) has more of a "plain" face so I'm "OK" with how the sculpt was out of the box.

But Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) is objectively "beautiful" so the discrepancy is more jarring when Threezero's paint apps are lackluster and does not match how the actual actress looks in real life.

Yeah, I’m tempted to grab one just to have it. Hopefully InArt has theirs up for PO by the time this releases View attachment 611886

Worst comes to worst, the original 3Z sculpt is actually amazing. Just needs a good paint job

:rolleyes2

Who did this repaint?

Safe to say the repaint cost more than the figure itself?

Do you think it will be the exact same seamless body for Season 7 Dany (or one with joints)?

I'm always afraid to pose the seamless Dany figures in anything but museum poses.

With the new Season 7 coat figure, I can pose more freely (but at the risk of the seamless elbow joints splitting underneath the clothing).
Yeah, it'll probably be the same body for all the Daenys. Even though it doesn't make a lick of sense to do seamless arms under long sleeves. Probably because that's the body they've got in stock. I think they may have done seamless arms for Cersei, too, which also made zero sense. Combined with how tight her costume is, Cersei's arms barely bend at all.

Isn't that Mountain Season 8...?

I would have preferred Season 7 actually.
I'm currently rewatching Game of Thrones. I happened to start with S7 today and yes, The Mountain wears that from the first episode of S7.

I too would have preferred the earlier gold armor version.
Good to see the license is still alive and kicking, though.
Hell yes, I feared they might be done with it. Good to see them still making new figures.
What a surprise from Threezero. However at this point I'm thinning down my GoT collection, so it's very unlikely I end getting any of these. Maybe one Daenerys, but will wait for the InArt version first to decide which one.
I'm actually just starting collecting GoT figures again.
I had the original Jaime, Tyrion and Ned figures years ago, but I sold them.

Then during House of the Dragon my love for this license rekindled and I decided to start my collection anew. So I'm very happy with these announcements!

I'm currently rewatching Game of Thrones. I happened to start with S7 today and yes, The Mountain wears that from the first episode of S7.

I too would have preferred the earlier gold armor version.

Oh wow... so its Season 6 wear he's introduced in that Knights Guard armor?

I didn't remember that he had his Darth Vader armor for 2 seasons.

Oh wow... so its Season 6 wear he's introduced in that Knights Guard armor?

I didn't remember that he had his Darth Vader armor for 2 seasons.
I actually forgot he had the black armor at all. I was dissapointed all over again for not having the awesome Kingsguard armor with the closed helmet anymore. But with Cersei being Queen, I guess she wanted a different kind of armor for her Queensguard.

I think with the fewer episodes in S7 and S8 it feels more like one big season or something.

Yeah, I'd almost like to know who did it so I can send mine there as well - but part of me knows I'll be lining up for an InArt version (provided they show they can put quality out once pieces start shipping).

I'll buy one of these Danys but not sure it'll be a long term solution.
@357partment on instagram;)

Back