ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, I keep looking but Im not seeing anything wrong with the chin. It'd be nice to get a straight on shot of the sculpt with the same clarity as this one.

The photos make the chin appear far too round, like he's got an apple under his skin. That can easily be the result of the downward angle of the pose/photos, we really do need to see better ones. I can look beyond the messy black smear on his face, they don't look at all like they were done on purpose.

I think his face is too small, particularly his eyes and mouth. Perhaps the chin would look better if the mouth were the correct size. But I still say the chin/jaw is too big, and I still say this is a much better representation of Tyrion:

peter_dinklage_wip_continued_by_jessejamesbonelli-d5duc14.jpg

That sculpt is indeed very nice. But also irrelevant to this thread. :) Unless you can convince 3Zero to abandon theirs and buy this one from the artist.

I think his face is too small, particularly his eyes and mouth. Perhaps the chin would look better if the mouth were the correct size. But I still say the chin/jaw is too big, and I still say this is a much better representation of Tyrion:

View attachment 96098

Yeah, this is nice. He's still refining it, right? The brow is far too strong. It reminds me of a Neanderthal or something. Id like to see him refine that a bit. Still a very good likeness.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That sculpt is indeed very nice. But also irrelevant to this thread. :) Unless you can convince 3Zero to abandon theirs and buy this one from the artist.

Not irrelevant, I'm simply stating that it's better and showing that the ThreeZero one still needs work.

Yeah, this is nice. He's still refining it, right? The brow is far too strong. It reminds me of a Neanderthal or something. Id like to see him refine that a bit. Still a very good likeness.

Yeah, the sculptor is still working on it. However I think some of the Neanderthal-ness has to do with the poor lighting.

Not irrelevant, I'm simply stating that it's better and showing that the ThreeZero one still needs work.

That's fair, but you can expect that the 3Zero one is more than likely final , subject to licensor approval. So what I meant is that even if we had a perfect digital scanned sculpt of Dinklage being worked on by someone, that's not going to have any bearing on what gets released by 3Zero.

It's not just the chin that's off; the hoods of the eyelids from the pics shown so far aren't quite the right shape and the cheeks are too hollow. It is very decent - but at this stage that sculpt won't happily sit side by side with high-end figures.

I do agree with the faults the sculpt has, but IMO, it's no worse than the typical Hot Toys sculpt in such regards. Paint app is another story entirely and we haven't seen any professionally staged and shot images to give a meaningful critique.

The shadows on the threezero portrait accentuate the cheekbones, which don't really appear in the flattering light of the photos of Dinklage we're comparing it to. I think it's a great sculpt and if they can perfect the 5 o'clock shadow it will be even better.

just finished season3. late in the game. but totally loving the show, finished the three seasons in a week. hopefully they will make more figures.

I asked threezero on FB who else they had planned foe this line and they said they are going to reveal the full lineup soon.

That's not encouraging. If they're announcing the full line-up that means there won't be very many and aren't planning more if it's successful.

If they're using the term "full line-up" I'd bet we'd get Tyrion, Ned, Dani, Jon, White Walker and they'd call it. I'm really hoping that isn't the case.

They got back to me on what they meant by 'full line up'. They meant only who is in the works at the moment. :)

Mm, Dany yes. I wouldnt be surprised if she were third in this line after Ned.Jorah? Maaaybe. That's if the line is successful and continues for years and after they get some of the biggies out there . Grey Worm I'd be surprised. Don't get me wrong I'd like to see any and all. But we better see King Robert long before we see Grey Worm if this were the case. :lol

That would make for a neat display though. Dany on a throne with Jorah, Grey Worm and Ser Barristan at her side, along with the dragons.

Mm, Dany yes. I wouldnt be surprised if she were third in this line after Ned.Jorah? Maaaybe. That's if the line is successful and continues for years and after they get some of the biggies out there . Grey Worm I'd be surprised. Don't get me wrong I'd like to see any and all. But we better see King Robert long before we see Grey Worm if this were the case. :lol

That would make for a neat display though. Dany on a throne with Jorah, Grey Worm and Ser Barristan at her side, along with the dragons.

Dany has to come with atleast a baby Drogon!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Back