ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally Brutal paint job. It looks like he's been eating pudding and needs a napkin.

Come one, Ray. :lol I think "brutal" is a bit of hyperbole. I don't know what's up with the stubble and don't care for it, but the rest of the paint it good. I think you're dead set on hating this company come hell or high water.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

GoT is my favorite TV show of all time, and I'm loving the way Tyrion is previewing, but I'm just not sold on the idea of collecting any figures from the line. For me, the main issue is that there are just so many characters in the show, all contributing significantly to the story lines, how do I distill the essence of the series down to only 3 or so figures? I'm sure I don't have the space nor the funds to go all out and collecting them all. At least with TWD, I think I can pick three and be completely satisfied.

I should have used multi-quote, but I just saw this.

You don't have 3 or 4 characters that you would consider your favorite and just buy those? Besides, there's no telling what threezeros game plan is with this line, we may never see outside of the "main" characters such as Tyrion, Ned, Jaime, Dany etc. We'll probably never see Littlefinger, Varys or the such, and they are extremely important to past and coming events.

You don't have 3 or 4 characters that you would consider your favorite and just buy those?

I hadn't really given the favorite character angle much thought, but then like you said, it really depends what they release. And I'm not sure that my favorite 3 characters would go well together to represent the series.

Maybe they'll release one figure I just can't pass up, but in the case of more ensemble productions, I've kind of tried to incorporate multiple characters into my existing displays. Or at the very least a fitting scene for very iconic single figures (James Bond displays for example). I can't think of only a single display I have now where I've thrown this out the window, and mainly because of a couple of really cool scale accessories. Henry Jones Sr. Originally intended to be in the same display as Indy along with a motorcycle, I just loved the way the clothing looked and fell in love with the idea of a 1/6 wooden desk, that I had to have him on a shelf alone - not to mention I felt guilty keeping the DX05 altar and backdrop hidden in the box. ;)

Have I also mentioned I'm running out of space to have scene-oriented displays? I'm still eagerly following this and other ThreeZero releases to see what they have in store.

I hadn't really given the favorite character angle much thought, but then like you said, it really depends what they release. And I'm not sure that my favorite 3 characters would go well together to represent the series.

Maybe they'll release one figure I just can't pass up, but in the case of more ensemble productions, I've kind of tried to incorporate multiple characters into my existing displays. Or at the very least a fitting scene for very iconic single figures (James Bond displays for example). I can't think of only a single display I have now where I've thrown this out the window, and mainly because of a couple of really cool scale accessories. Henry Jones Sr. Originally intended to be in the same display as Indy along with a motorcycle, I just loved the way the clothing looked and fell in love with the idea of a 1/6 wooden desk, that I had to have him on a shelf alone - not to mention I felt guilty keeping the DX05 altar and backdrop hidden in the box. ;)

Have I also mentioned I'm running out of space to have scene-oriented displays? I'm still eagerly following this and other ThreeZero releases to see what they have in store.

It's funny you mention this because I was just thinking the other day depending on who they have planned it's possible we may get a bunch of figures that never shared a scene. :lol Not that it matters to me, but this would hurt those that are big into dios. For example, the next figure we believe to be next is Ned. What an interesting pair those two would make, Tyrion and Ned. I've wondered what it would have been like for them to share a scene together as it didn't happen in the show or book. And we saw what looked to be a dragon on a screen in one of the teasers. So lets just say Dany is next, not that dragons really mean anthing. Tyrion, Ned and Dany. Strange dio that would be. And even if certain characters did share a scene they're not necessarily closely related storywise. Like the Hound and Ned shared scenes but not very long and they don't really go together.

Speaking of which,I hope the Hound and Arya aren't too far behind.:)

I have similar feelings for this line. There are so many excellent characters. While I really like Tyrion, I can't see myself picking up his figure. Maybe if they make a character like Jaime Lannister with full armor, swords, etc. I would be more interested. I think there are a few characters that could go well as stand-alone or in pairs. By themselves I could see Ned Stark, Daenerys or Joffrey on his throne. As pairs I could see characters like Jaime and Cersei or Daenerys and Jorah. Robb Stark and his Dire Wolf would be quite cool. Not sure how likely that would be to be made.

Come one, Ray. :lol I think "brutal" is a bit of hyperbole. I don't know what's up with the stubble and don't care for it, but the rest of the paint it good. I think you're dead set on hating this company come hell or high water.

I don't want them, to fail I actually want the opposite which is why I just shake my head when I see things like that. I just think these two huge licenses are wasted on this company if they are not trying their best, and that I've seen no name little guys knock out awesome product from prototype to final on their first 1-2 figures. (Blitzway is an example) They're just continually not impressing me and continually disappointing me. Honestly if the scale of the pattern on his clothes was all out of whack I'd be able to look past that as growing pains, even the colour of his hair being off, but Smudgy paint jobs is just amateur and prototype paint jobs, especially at toy fair should be better than the final product. I'm going to wait until the product is out to hold final judgement though, one thing I will say is the likeness looked much better in that last picture so it's not all bad. I call it like I see it!

Rewatching Season 1 & 2 at the moment and I've noticed that Tyrion and Jaime's hair color is blonde in the first season, but much more brown in the second. Since this figure is based on Tyrion from S2, I guess it makes sense that he'd have darker hair.

Your right about the blonde. There was something about it in season 1 that I didn't like. It looked fake, jarring. Anyway, this pic above is the closest, most detailed one we've had thus far. What do you guys think?

I'm still not really a fan, unfortunately. It's obviously Tyrion, but that doesn't mean it looks like him.

tyrion-lannister-1024.jpg

Back