ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costume looks great. I'm assuming that's the same sculpt we've already seen, so I'm less worried than I might be. That picture doesn't do the portrait any favors though.

Here's the promo pic of the outfit.
TyrionHandPromo.jpg

Last edited:

First off, I love it. Like I said , Im damn excited and it may be hard to fully disappoint. A few things:

1. Yeah, the hair. :lol Definitely needs to some blonde in it. Even if it came like this I think I could add it considering in the show it's more dirty blonde.

2. The proportions of the body look great. There was a possibility this could have been horrendous. His hands look very well done too.

3. Unlike the body, the head isn't proportioned as well as it should be. This is not to say it looks bad, it just isn't big enough. It's like they proportioned the head to the height without taking into account the differences of a little persons body and regular persons body, like they did do with the body. Does that make sense?

4. This isn't a very good quality pic. It's hard to tell what's up with his tunic, the pattern almost looks rubbery/plastic?

5. Before we all go full ape**** about the hair etc. we should take note on what it says at the bottom/center. NOT FINAL PRODUCT. :D

All in all, I'm happy to see something and can't wait to get the little guy on my shelf. :rock

Last edited:
First off, I love it. Like I said , Im damn excited and it may be hard to fully disappoint. A few things:

1. Yeah, the hair. :lol Definitely needs to some blonde in it. Even if it came like this I think I could add it considering in the show it's more dirty blonde.

2. The proportions of the body look great. There was a possibility this could have been horrendous. His hands look very well done too.

3. Unlike the body, the head isn't proportioned as well as it should be. This is not to say it looks bad, it just isn't big enough. It's like they proportioned the head to the height without taking into account the differences of a little persons body and regular persons body, like they did do with the body. Does that make sense?

4. This isn't a few very quality pic. It's hard to tell what's up with his tunic, the pattern almost looks rubbery/plastic?

5. Before we all go full ape**** about the hair etc. we should take note on what it says at the bottom/center. NOT FINAL PRODUCT. :D

All in all, I'm happy to see something and can't wait to get the little guy on my shelf. :rock

Very well put and thank you for feedback!

All I can add at the moment, that the figure and outfit are still getting worked on and it's painted prototype, which threezero were eager to share with GOT fans and collector community.

Very well put and thank you for feedback!

All I can add at the moment, that the figure and outfit are still getting worked on and it's painted prototype, which threezero were eager to share with GOT fans and collector community.

Gimbat! Good to see you over here in the GoT thread. It would be nice if we saw more of you and got updates. :)

Its looking really good right now and I'm very excited for this line

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Looks excellent to me. Just needs a few small tweaks, maybe.

Proportions look pretty good, but until we see him next to another character, we won't be able to tell if he's got an above average sized noggin'. It should be at least the size of, if not bigger than, his brother Jaime's head.

Cersei_Lannister,_Jamie_Lannister,_Tyrion_Lannister.jpg

ThreeZero's Tyrion's boots need to be a bit bigger, methinks. Also notice the hair in the photo above. Only Cersei truly has the golden hair indicative of the Lannisters. Jaime's hair is simply brown, Tyrion's almost a reddish brown.

I'm hoping not to come off as a jerk being harsh with feedback and I want to do so constructively because I believe it's more effective and that members of three zero read the forums? Which is great, we are your audience and we appreciate the opportunity to share our thoughts with you.

I mean all my feedback as encouragement for better product but I'm not very impressed with the prototype. I fully understand that the intent is to improve upon it so hopefully this proves as an opportunity to say what needs improvement.

I'm not a huge GOT freak but the best thing about GOT is Dinkledge by a mile, so I'm really happy to see the character is the first offering as opposed to some obscure thing like they did with the walking dead.

The biggest problem with what is shownhere is that the sculpt, likeness, clothing, plastic choice and especially paint work isn't up to par with what this community expects from 1/6 offerings it looks like a toy and not in the good way, now I know three zero has some kinks to work out but I beg them not to rush out product until they work these kinks out. Almost for their own sake if anything, sitting on two licences that are huge, I don't know how they got it and from their work thus far, it's kind of unfortunate they did but it just means the pressure is on. If they knock it out of the park they can be catapulted into superstardom and be a worthy competitor of hot toys, Enterbay makes great product but don't get all the top licences or if they do hot toys just gets them and does it better and this squashes them. Hot toys is a sitting duck right now if you ask me, they are churning out iron mans and no doubt making money off it but they are neglecting other properties. Sure they don't need to do a license like the crow which is why they did a **** job on it, it makes them no money. They are neglecting a huge portion of the market and it doesn't exist in obscure cult licences like the crow or even flavour of the month things like the Robocop reboot, but these tv shows with scifi or geek culture roots are a fricking gold mine because of their mass and international appeal. GOT and Walking Dead can be a massive gold mine but you are targeting the most fickle market in collecting here three zero, far more than statue collectors or seven inch figure collectors. Your product needs to be astounding because the lisence you carry is simply not enough, if your product is not up to the level of your competition or close it's better to stick to statues and busts or figures where the expectation of detail accuracy and realism is not as high.

There zero you need to do better, don't drop the ball here.

Right now they are sitting at the same level as Asmus, totally a waste the LOTR license went to them because the product is sub par.

This may sound overly harsh because the company says they intend to improve and what's shown is just rough, that's great and all but I worry because the Merle to the Robocop to this Dinkledge has not shown any improvement at all and a questionable level of excellence.

Well yeah, but you'd pretty much be able to make the same call if the figure had its back to us :lol

Depends entirely on the price for me. Not quite a high-end result, based on that one low-quality pic, so I'd hate to see this with a high-end price tag.

I think this assessment is pretty right on, even if the price tag does not command a high quality result I'd like to see them swing to the right side of quality and the price can follow it there.

1/6 hot toys styled figures should target their collectors. It's where the market is at the moment.

Most of us are simply not satisfied with "better than nothing" anymore. There's so much great product out there even for wanted figures, to me unless it's worthy of a spot in my packed collection nothing most certainly is better.

And that's where the line is drawn and how it can affect sales.

Due to the popularity of the licence they stand to do well on it no matter what, fans will buy the product and hardcores even if they are not convinced it's the best thing ever simply because it's GOT.

But the other portion if sales can be made from people like me who simply like GOT but can live without any of it if need be. It's why I own a figure like Carlitos way. I love Pacino and all but only kind of like that movie. Why do I own the figure? Because blitzway a super underdog in 1/6 brought it home and made a product so beautiful I couldn't say no. If it was even mediocre almost good I wouldn't have bought it.

Last edited:
Love the basic structure of the figure but I agree with Ray, threezero needs to step up their game especially on something like Game of thrones license. I think it would be ideal for them to snag up some notable painters, sculptors, and tailors much like hot toys and sideshow did.

I'm hoping not to come off as a jerk being harsh with feedback and I want to do so constructively because I believe it's more effective and that members of three zero read the forums? Which is great, we are your audience and we appreciate the opportunity to share our thoughts with you.

I mean all my feedback as encouragement for better product but I'm not very impressed with the prototype. I fully understand that the intent is to improve upon it so hopefully this proves as an opportunity to say what needs improvement.

I'm not a huge GOT freak but the best thing about GOT is Dinkledge by a mile, so I'm really happy to see the character is the first offering as opposed to some obscure thing like they did with the walking dead.

The biggest problem with what is shownhere is that the sculpt, likeness, clothing, plastic choice and especially paint work isn't up to par with what this community expects from 1/6 offerings it looks like a toy and not in the good way, now I know three zero has some kinks to work out but I beg them not to rush out product until they work these kinks out. Almost for their own sake if anything, sitting on two licences that are huge, I don't know how they got it and from their work thus far, it's kind of unfortunate they did but it just means the pressure is on. If they knock it out of the park they can be catapulted into superstardom and be a worthy competitor of hot toys, Enterbay makes great product but don't get all the top licences or if they do hot toys just gets them and does it better and this squashes them. Hot toys is a sitting duck right now if you ask me, they are churning out iron mans and no doubt making money off it but they are neglecting other properties. Sure they don't need to do a license like the crow which is why they did a **** job on it, it makes them no money. They are neglecting a huge portion of the market and it doesn't exist in obscure cult licences like the crow or even flavour of the month things like the Robocop reboot, but these tv shows with scifi or geek culture roots are a fricking gold mine because of their mass and international appeal. GOT and Walking Dead can be a massive gold mine but you are targeting the most fickle market in collecting here three zero, far more than statue collectors or seven inch figure collectors. Your product needs to be astounding because the lisence you carry is simply not enough, if your product is not up to the level of your competition or close it's better to stick to statues and busts or figures where the expectation of detail accuracy and realism is not as high.

There zero you need to do better, don't drop the ball here.

Right now they are sitting at the same level as Asmus, totally a waste the LOTR license went to them because the product is sub par.

This may sound overly harsh because the company says they intend to improve and what's shown is just rough, that's great and all but I worry because the Merle to the Robocop to this Dinkledge has not shown any improvement at all and a questionable level of excellence.

You're expectations of this industry is way too high. Not everything can come out looking like $600+ custom figures.

I myself have been a little critical - but I think you're bit off base with these comments. You may not be aware of threezero's history, but they were making ulta-realistic military figures when HT was doing FamousType pseudo-likenesses. If we expect companies to listen to feedback it has to be realistic and constructive.

I think most people don't know what constructive feedback actually is.

You have to be specific in your critique and comments you can't just say "It's not up to par. This looks like a toy. " That's just a complaint, not a critique.

You have to say, "Dinklage's eyes should be rounder." And of course, even that's hard to critique because at this point, for it to be shown off, it would have already gotten approval, and at this stage in the game, I'm sure Dinklage has seen it and given the okay, so who are we to judge?? Other than that, I can't find much to fault in that figure other than the headsculpt, I think it looks pretty good.

You're expectations of this industry is way too high. Not everything can come out looking like $600+ custom figures.
Agree.

I don't see HT as a sitting duck either. They are at the top of their game with releases looking more incredible than ever - Crowe Jor El, Cavill Supes, Kingsley Mandarin, and the technical marvel of Whiplash Mark II just announced. Meanwhile, contending companies like Enterbay, Play Imaginative, etc haven't been able to hold a candle to them and there's no signs of it happening soon.

I'm grateful someone is doing GOT and can make them look pretty decent, just keeping fingers crossed the asking price isn't crazy.

Back