Threezero Game of Thrones - Jaime Lannister

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great outfit, hideous head. The usual fair from Threezero.

Id like to pick it up in hopes a custom is done, but S1 Jaime isnt my preference so its probably gonna be a pass

He looks better than Jon Snow and he is pretty much what I expected from the proto (which was not that awesome either) to production with these guys.

They do not nail any of their head sculpts but The Hound looks the most promising from the proto anyway so hoping that he ends up being their crowning achievement in this line.

By the way, we all know that the first in hand images are always worse than he will look in your own hands so I am sure those are even worse than he really is but my expectations are always super low with threezero. I wish Asmus or some other company had this license but since they don't, guess I will take what I can.

He looks better than Jon Snow and he is pretty much what I expected from the proto (which was not that awesome either) to production with these guys.

They do not nail any of their head sculpts but The Hound looks the most promising from the proto anyway so hoping that he ends up being their crowning achievement in this line.

By the way, we all know that the first in hand images are always worse than he will look in your own hands so I am sure those are even worse than he really is but my expectations are always super low with threezero. I wish Asmus or some other company had this license but since they don't, guess I will take what I can.

This is just my opinion, but I prefer Threezero over Asmus. Asmus is so hit or miss it's insane. Their newest Gandalf was awesome, but their Hobbits are atrocious.

This is just my opinion, but I prefer Threezero over Asmus. Asmus is so hit or miss it's insane. Their newest Gandalf was awesome, but their Hobbits are atrocious.

Each to their own. Asmus has had some amazing figures (Saruman, last Gandalf, Grishnak, Mouth of Sauron) Some really good figures (Witch King of Angmar, Nazgul on Steed), some figures that are pretty divisive (I personally love both my Tauriel and Eowyn but I know others have bashed them), some figures I am not interested in (Bard first two Orks) and some horrible figures (First Gandalf, Aragorn (in my opinion), all four Hobbits - again my opinion).

That being said at least they have put out over a dozen figures for a line a love with over half of them being hits in my opinion while threezero have put out a total of four with only Tyrion being an actual hit and the rest different levels of mediocrity (well, Jon is barely recognizable if you took off his outfit, at least Ned is ok).

If threezero could get a human likeness of any of the GOT characters even close to Saruman or Gandalf the Grey I would be really happy.

14639637_1194363533971511_7474636326887008611_n.jpg

Are we all seeing different sculpts here? Because this shot from Underworld looks really good, same with the paint.

That seems to be the best shot so far. Problem with 3Z is most their human sculpts look like good cosplayers...not really like the actors.

for the price though i guess you cant get HT level of sculpt work...if your aiming to just get close enough. Tyrion is starting to look like a fluke but the Hound looks promising.

Ned, Tyrion, and Walter White are very good, in the 90% range truly. I have to disagree with you on the likeness, especially once they're up in a detolf. Jon and Jesse are certainly questionable, however.

I am waiting until he arrives to pass judgement. He looks better than Jon so far. The Hound proto looked amazing so I am hopeful that with each release they improve.
I personally think Ned is about a 75% but I have seen repaints/rehairs that put him at 95% so base sculpt is good. Tyrion is so unique, both his overall facial structure and stature they nailed and bring him to that 90% level but the paint could have been better. Jon is like a 60% sculpt. 50% paint, but a 90% costume. Ghost is a 10%, just looks dopey but I'm keeping it for now anyways.

Hope Jamie arrives soon, looking forward to seeing him in hand.

Ned is good...wouldn't rate him as "very" good...semantics.

Tyrion, as I already mentioned is a great sculpt. By far superior to anything GOT related they've been able to produce. I would also put WW up there with him. Other than that, they haven't had a stellar outing with any other human sculpt.

So far with GOT, they're batting 1:4...which ain't terrible but it ain't great either.

They're getting better, though. Tyrion was a fluke, but do you remember those initial proto pics? Not good. Same with Ned. The proto looked atrocious, but the actual product came out looking a whole lot better. For Jon and Jaime, it seems like the proto has matched the product. The Hound is the first time we've ever seen a proto from Threezero that looks absolutely fantastic. That's definitely an improvement considering every other proto they've put out hasn't been amazing.

But you have to consider Threezero's other recent works. Guts from Berserk: excellent. Rick Grimes: people dog the figure for its body, but the head sculpt is good IMO. Merle: excellent proto. Michonne: excellent proto.

We've never gotten amazing proto pics from Threezero until recently, so they're definitely improving. They're a lot younger than Asmus and Star Toys when it comes to crafting human likenesses, and they're already doing a good job.

Well, some people want high quality for the high prices...even exchange :huh

I can't judge a company based on prototypes. Basically prototypes are just full custom figures. You can get great looking figs from one offs.

Back