Threezero 1/6 Rick Grimes - Official AMC Walking Dead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I wonder if they will still release Merle or not, they had a pretty finished looking proto over a year ago...probably more like 2.

I'm looking back at some of these show photos and I think this isn't using a seamless necked body. Which wouldn't be a big ordeal, but in order to hide the neck joining the shoulders they hiked up the white t-shirt, which further facilitates the strange proportions. It makes his neck look short.

I was tossing around grabbing one of the DAM bodies with the Rick likeness, and I'm just not seeing it in the stock work. The only ones that have convinced me are some of the ones Jacob has repainted. Otherwise, I think this release is a better resemblance.

View attachment 224138

23711529792_bb471fe5f6_b.jpg

23808419715_418a6cfbb3_b.jpg

23440455649_1252e36091_b.jpg

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

I went through the thread to collect all the pics. I don't know man. TWD is one of my most wanted lines and I'm not convinced that Threezero were the best guys for the job. The sculpt looks decent but this needs a lot of refinement from the neck down

That's the surprising part for me. 3Z normally does such a great job with the clothes. Their GOT line has outstanding cut and sew work. But that jacket and shirt look really awkward to my eye. I'm really hoping a body swap will clear up the issue.

Yes - that jacket somehow makes the figure look very awkward - while some of it could be the pose / futzing but it surely needs a lot of improvement neck down.

View attachment 224138

23711529792_bb471fe5f6_b.jpg

23808419715_418a6cfbb3_b.jpg

23440455649_1252e36091_b.jpg

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

I went through the thread to collect all the pics. I don't know man. TWD is one of my most wanted lines and I'm not convinced that Threezero were the best guys for the job. The sculpt looks decent but this needs a lot of refinement from the neck down

I think we all agree that the jacket needs time tightening up, but otherwise, I'm still pretty pleased with the rest. The pants and machete sheathe are all really well weathered, and the sculpt from the desktop pictures looks great.

He looks like an old man that's hunched over. I hope futzing improves it, but why haven't we seen better posed pics?

The Heisenberg figure had pretty average tailoring as well and the Jesse clothing looks average too. They do a great job with the clothing on the GoT figures, but not so much with other lines.

I had Jon Snow for about 3 days. The outfit was excellent, apart from the clown sized boots. It was the mediocre likeness and sloppy paint that I couldn't accept.

I made my deputy Rick for less than what this costs and I'm pleased with the outcome. The likeness is better on the Dam Toys sculpt and he doesn't look like a hunched old man, as JacktheRipper put it. Threezero does a good job on clothing but everything else needs work.

Just got this in an email from Sideshow:

"We are writing today to inform you that we have recently received information from the manufacturer of this item. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse May - July 2016. However, with the updated information provided to us by the manufacturer, we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse July - August 2016.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team."

That delay does not surprise me at all. All their supposed Q2 releases are going to be delayed for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back