THREEQ :1/6 CITIES RANGER Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you didn't see that threeq stole roccos head

For real? They don't look the same.

If so, ThreeQ's paintwork is so much better than Rise's.

EDIT:

arrow_by_roccosculptor-d9tktl5.jpg

For real? They don't look the same.

If so, ThreeQ's paintwork is so much better than Rise's.

EDIT:

arrow_by_roccosculptor-d9tktl5.jpg

theres a big discussion about it on facebook. its hard to tell if it is but rocco said he knows his own work when he sees it

On a side note, I just got the boots on by warming the pegs but I can not get the legs even. It won't stand on its own no matter what I do.

On a side note, I just got the boots on by warming the pegs but I can not get the legs even. It won't stand on its own no matter what I do.

I've had that with a Sideshow body. It turned out to be a knee joint that was pulled out and wedged tight so it wouldn't push back in. I ended up pulling the other shin out to match, which was okay because the body needed to be taller.

I've read about the problem with HT bodies, but I think it was something to do with the hip joint.

I've had that with a Sideshow body. It turned out to be a knee joint that was pulled out and wedged tight so it wouldn't push back in. I ended up pulling the other shin out to match, which was okay because the body needed to be taller.

I've read about the problem with HT bodies, but I think it was something to do with the hip joint.

I've been thinking about getting a new body for it and also removing the fat suit

Yep, and don't forget that when I mean proto, that was the whole figure we see on page one. That's not something you do in just a week or two. It takes several months at best.

So it's impossible they stole Rocco's. When he released the pics, I wondered whether I would buy his to update the fig I had on order and compared both. I came to the conclusion I liked ThreeQ's better and honestly, they are not that close. For instance, ThreeQ's is much less bearded. I even think the hair is different. There was that same sort of discussion in the KP thread vs Iminime for William Wallace. Turns out, when two talented sculptors sculpt the same guy, they're bound to look very much alike!

I haven't studied them closely side by side.

The ThreeQ is one of the best sculpts I've had in hand (a real eye opener), so it would figure that as both are sculpted with the same expression they'd end up similar. Funny though that Rocco would mistake it for his own.

Unless ThreeQ pulled a switch in between proto and production! But I doubt that. They just rectified Oliver's dodgy eye instead.

Does anyone know how to make the hood drape more like a real hood would? I've been thinking of ironing it or trying to add weight to it some how.

Just make the hood wet, form it into the shape you want and let it dry.

Thanks it looks better now. I also removed the fat suit, I can definitely see why they had it on since it helps shape the jacket. Looks not as clean now but I still think it looks more accurate since he's a muscular guy but not a thick guy like diggle.

Thanks it looks better now.

That's good.

I haven't done it to mine as I decided to display him with the hood down as I like the sculpt so much.

Maybe the fat suit is laying better on my figure as he looks okay: lean in the abdomen and bulked up a bit more in the chest.

20160614_003413.jpg

Here's a picture for anyone who's curious. I think this might be my favorite figure. I'm contimplating buying a second one and just keeping it in the box for the future. Can't wait for the zy toys bow and any other upgrades that may come down the road like more accurate boots and arrow holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back