1/6 DID A80161/A80161S WWII US 101st Airborne Division Ryan 2.0 (Standard & Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine today, he's really good but he doesn't stand up at all without a stand :slap

That's strange are the legs loose? DiD bodies are usually stiff and well made, are you posing him with the bazooka? my 1.0 would always fall over because of the weight and it can be tricky to balance

That's strange are the legs loose? DiD bodies are usually stiff and well made, are you posing him with the bazooka? my 1.0 would always fall over because of the weight and it can be tricky to balance
No no, in fact i believe it's because of the boots! He didn't stand up even with no accessories, he falls backwards.
DID made a video to explain how to put the boots on properly, that you had to take them off and then put them back on I think it's because of that.
I will try to do it when I have time

That was a pretty good review video. Although I couldn't understand what was said, the shots of the video and the apparent history coverage was good.

If this one had come out first, I would have immediately picked it up but Facepool beat them to the punch. I still prefer DiD's head sculpt, though.

I think the only one I regret not picking up was Reiben. Him, Miller, and Ryan seem like a good trio to represent the film. It will have to be just Miller and Ryan for me though.
If you want a minimum number of figures to represent the film, I think that you are good to go with just Miller and Ryan.

I got him and I'm extreamly impressed, DiD really got the baggy look down of an american paratrooper, the M42 is up there with the last versions that soldier story made.

Futzed him up while watching the parts where ryan comes out to try and make him look as close as possible to when they tell him his brothers died, looks pretty bang on and for those brave enough for weathering he will look amazing and will look great by himself if you only want one figure to represent the film.
This figure is a slightly shorter than the rest of the group and I also realise what the other guy was talking about that the figure doesn't stand good with out a base, I think it's because the boots are super formed to give it that actual corcoran jump boot look.

I did swap the 101st patch with the 1.0 as it's much more detailed than the new one.

My biggest issue with this figure are the black buttons, they kept falling off and I had to reglue a total of 6 they must have used the same crap that Hot toys does, not even my 1.0 Ryans buttons came off like this and that figure is from 2014, DiD does supply a bag of extras however so that's good.
IMG_1767.jpg
IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1755.jpg
IMG_1756.jpg
IMG_1762.jpg
IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg

Here's Reiben letting little ryan know that they lost two guys tryna get ryan back to Mom.

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

Suprised to find they actually changed the rifle to what I believe is gas trap early version of the M1.

Attachments

• IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1749.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Looks very good. Curious about the height, though. It does look strange compared to the initial release.

I think the head sculpt captures Matt Damon except somewhat for the eyes. I think a more surprised or open-eyed expression would have worked better.

Back