Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or he actually knows how to Google something that others are too lazy to look up themselves...first link on Google goes to a Marvel wiki glossary site that uses the exact same wording other than a few little things he through in himself. :rotfl

That's nice, but my question wasn't what the Odinsleep is, but rather how it pertained to the movie since it's usually something that is prepared for and obviously wasn't in the movie.

When the Frost King mentioned that Odin looked weiry it was a reference to that. Also when Frigga mentioned that he had been putting it off for so long, it's like when you forget to charge those devices, they just shut off.

Answered it better than any googling I could've done. Same with the analysis on aging, etc.

Don't be a ____.

haters21.jpg

Knowledge is knowledge. You learn it from somewhere. When I'm unsure I double check on the net because I don't want to come off wrong, how funny would it be for me to post something only to have it wrong in the very next post like some people do around here. I never said "Well in my memory I am recalling...." :lol ******.

Or he actually knows how to Google something that others are too lazy to look up themselves...first link on Google goes to a Marvel wiki glossary site that uses the exact same wording other than a few little things he through in himself. :rotfl

Whether he looked it up or not, it saves us from having to :rock

Thanks Tony...er Mike

Late to the thread, but I loved Thor. Best Marvel movie so far in my opinion. Then again, I don't read many comics, just watch the movies.

This one had some sophistication to it, but was still the funnest and most "heroic" comic book movie I've seen. Really liked the Loki character, especially his scene when Odin tells him the "truth", really powerful stuff.

Geez guys, I was joking around hence the rolling laughing Smiley.

Guess you have to be one of the "cool" people to be allowed to do that.

Mike, let me preface this by acknowledging Hopkins is a great actor and has great presence, however I agree about his casting as Odin, and most of it has to do with his physical attributes. A lot of it can be attributed to how he was portrayed in the film as being tired and such, and that Branagh wanted him shown in such a light. Hopkins voice seemed weak and he doesn't have an intimidating Viking presence but I think it will only be noticed by long time fans of the classic Thor.
While I don't think he was the perfect fit for the character, he did a great job, and there was certainly a much greater chance of finding a far worse choice. The only other issue I found with the casting was that of Sif. She is a goddess and the actress comes across as a cute field hockey player. Now I understand that you need someone that can stand next to Portman and not eclipse her beauty, but I think they could have had her more 'noble'.
My only other complaint is that the timeline seemed a little rushed. They could have had 'months' pass on screen instead of days.
Keep in mind that I think all these are very minor critiques and overall this was one of the most challenging Marvel comics to translate to screen and they did an amazing job. The most important issue is that this was Thor and he came off perfectly. Hemsworth did the work and got big enough to be believable. My favorite part was that Thor was portrayed as so incredibly powerful, the battle in Yodunheim, when he had enough and unloaded and single handedly whooped the frost giants, he dispatched the Destroyer, which inaccurate, to the comics but impressive and most importantly when it became clear he was holding back with Loki, he just leveled him. It will be interesting to see how they try and match the Hulk up to that power level, which of course shouldn't be done.
If they can keep this trend going, I don't see 'comic book' movies sliding back into obscurity as they always have in the past.
Portman seemed to walk through her lines, and for an actress of such renown I expected her to really stand out.

Cinemablend
Thor2:
Though it got off to something of a slow start here in America, great word of mouth propelled Thor to a second week at number one here Stateside, and even if it hadn’t Marvel’s latest superhero venture has already made $225 million overseas. Some (ok me) are even calling this the superhero studio’s best movie yet. So of course, that means sequel.

Thor is already slated to show up in the upcoming team-up movie The Avengers along with the likes of Iron Man and Captain America. But once that’s over with it’s believed that Marvel Studios will already have a Thor 2 in the works. In fact our sources tell us that they’ve already begun kicking around story ideas for the sequel with the hope that they’ll have it ready and in theaters in the same year as Iron Man 3, in 2013. That fits the pattern we’re seeing this summer, with both Thor and Captain America hitting theaters in the same year.

Our source tells us that while the Thor 2 project is still in very early stages and they don’t expect to start actually writing the script until the end of the year, internally producers are kicking around possible villains. In contention to face off against Thor are two characters named The Enchantress and The Executioner.

In Marvel Comics lore The Enchantress is a powerful Asgard sorceress named Amora. In the comics her first appearance involved an attempt to take out Thor’s love interest in order to have him all to herself. That notion seems to fit pretty well with where the first movie left us. When last we saw him Thor was pining for, and obviously head over heels in love with, Natalie Portman’s Jane. Eventually he’ll have to bring her to court, and that’s going to piss a lot of Asgardians off. Loki could figure in here, if Tom Hiddleston’s character returns, since in the comics he helps Amora seduce Thor.

The Executioner is a character closely tied to The Enchantress. He’s in love with her, and she manipulates him into doing her dirty work. He’s a warrior and easily manipulated. Toying with him could be fun for Loki too.

For now it’s all in the early stages and these are just a couple of the ideas we hear Marvel may be kicking around internally. We contacted Marvel for official confirmation of this story, but as you’d expect they aren’t able to comment on anything this early in production. Our information comes from a completely proven, trusted source who has broken numerous Marvel related stories before. Expect more detail as Thor 2 moves forward.

Love the first one and very excited to see a sequel. Thor and Iron Man 3 in the same year would be ____ing awesome.

No Thor 2 for Kenneth Branagh
Marvel sets 2013 release date for sequel.
June 30, 2011

by Jim Vejvoda

Kenneth Branagh has reportedly opted not to return to direct Thor 2 for Marvel and Disney despite the commercial success of the first Thor.

Deadline claims Branagh's split with the studios was "mutual and amicable," and that he'll probably involved with the sequel in some creative capacity. This obviously means the director's chair is now open, so expect the rumor mill to start churning out names soon.

Marvel has scheduled Thor 2 for a July 26, 2013 release and that Chris Hemsworth, who is also playing Thor in the now-filming Avengers movie, is set to reprise the role again for Thor 2. Iron Man 3 is also slated for a summer 2013 bow.

By SuperHeroHype
Jun 30th, 2011

UPDATE: Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios have set a July 26, 2013 release for the sequel to Thor, with Chris Hemsworth reprising the title role. Kenneth Branagh is not returning to direct the follow-up to the film, which has earned $437 million worldwide, though he may produce.

The sequel will be joining Disney and Marvel's Iron Man 3, which was already set for a May 3, 2013 release.

No other film is scheduled for July 26, 2013 yet.

Hmmm.... Well, if he can be involved thats good would prefer he and Disney figure something out as far as directing.

they can have anyone direct it has to be a good script

Doesnt look like that will happen either.
Really bad news here, brace yourself...

Superhero Hype
Yesterday, it was reported that Marvel Studios will be rolling ahead with a sequel to their recent hit Thor for a release on July 26, 2013. Although Kenneth Branagh is no longer directing and they need to find someone new, they'll first have to get a screenplay together and today, Deadline has the name of the screenwriter who'll be doing that: Don Payne, whose previous superhero experience includes Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and the Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

Sonava%!&*
:slap

Payne co-wrote the screenplay for Thor with Ashley Miller and Zach Stentz.
I have a feeling the other two writers tempered Paynes prose. So Thor excelled despite Paynes inclusion I'll wager.
J.Michael Straczynski should at least lay down the story template.

Marvel should try to get the director of X-men first class back into the mix as he was slated to do the the first Thor originally.

Last edited:
Back