Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Branagh and Thor is one of my favorite Marvel characters, but that footage is beyond my hopes. Even though it looks nothing like the script that was out a while ago that was great. That was set all in olden times. This seems all set modern. But this has jumped to the top of most anticipated Marvel movies for me.

The only thing about the footage that I didn't like is the romance angle......to me, in an establishing story about Thor, it really isn't needed. I would much rather them take the romance screentime and convert it into character development/fight scene/asgard scenes.....

The only thing about the footage that I didn't like is the romance angle......to me, in an establishing story about Thor, it really isn't needed. I would much rather them take the romance screentime and convert it into character development/fight scene/asgard scenes.....

Comic book movies are always going to have a romantic angle. That's their ploy to get the ladies to watch.

Take out Natalie Portman???!!! Are you MAD man? :horror
:cuckoo:

:gah:

Agreed! Growing up I was always fond of Shakespeare's plays and style. Mix that with Thor's brute strength and bad***ness and it's got amazing written all over it! This more so than Cap has the best chance to be one of marvel's best to date imo.

Still fond of the bard... but then there's a few degrees hanging on my wall that spell out my interest in English Literature-- specifically the Renaissance Period-- even more specifically Ol' Willie... and oddly enough they're hangin' near my Marvel (carefully sealed) comics collection.

I knew that Brannagh would do the source material more than justice... I'm concerned about Johnson's Cap movie-- I absolutely have NO concerns about this one. I can't wait until next summer...

You sir are a cad... OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDCC-ALICE-IN-WONDERLAND-QUEEN-OF-HEARTS-I.jpg

A movie can never have enough Natalie... :inlove

I hope we get this Thor...skip to 1:10

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vVMeobC1QoY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vVMeobC1QoY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thor Teaser with Iron Man 2 Blu-Ray:

Comicbookmovie.com is reporting that the two-disc special edition Blu-ray of Iron Man 2 (due out September 28) will include teaser trailers for the Thor movie and Captain America. Both will reportedly be easter eggs, hidden in a special S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault.

I love Branagh and Thor is one of my favorite Marvel characters, but that footage is beyond my hopes. Even though it looks nothing like the script that was out a while ago that was great. That was set all in olden times. This seems all set modern. But this has jumped to the top of most anticipated Marvel movies for me.

:rock :rock For some reason I was afraid you were going to say you hated it.

After seeing the trailer.. It looks ok. Not as good as Ironman.

I think Odin is cast wrong... he needs a deeper voice. Hopkins doesn't seem powerful enough.

Everything else looks tied in pretty well. I kind of like the look of Asgard.

I love Hopkins so I hope you're wrong. But we'll have to wait until we see the movie to decide. The only other actor I can think of for Odin would be Malcolm McDowell.

Brian Blessed wouldve been my choice.
He's got the look plus a booming voice, but Hopkins is still damn good.

Back