Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. I'm not a fan of Odin's costume...the gold eyepatch looks too gaudy. I was hoping for more Norse Thor with animal pelts, leather, mead and wenches.....this looks like a screencap from a 80s music video with synth rock blasting in the background.....

They are really trying to capture the current look of the comics here. I think they are doing well.

Expect filters to be applied and lighting to be corrected in post-production.

So we've now got our official first look at Odin and Thor holding his hammer from the upcoming Marvel movie about the Norse god. And we've also got our first look ever at actor Tom Hiddleston as the villain Loki -- though no one is wearing a helmet, alas. Don't worry, the helmets are in the film, we're told.
Meanwhile... It's funny how the 3D-ification of most movies doesn't bother many of the IGN editors – if you have no real stake in a film, then what's the difference in the end? But the confirmation today that Marvel will indeed be releasing Thor and Captain America in the stereoscopic format leaves some of us… concerned.

These are movies that we've been waiting for since forever, so the idea that they might be ruined because of the potentially gimmicky 3D process is unsettling. Regardless, The L.A. Times is reporting that both pictures will be in 3D, and that each film's director is taking his case for the format directly to the fans at next week's Comic-Con.

"We came to feel that in our case 3D could be the very good friend of story and character for a different kind of experience," Thor helmer Kenneth Branagh says, while also admitting that he too had some trepidation about the process at first. "It's another draft of the story that can reveal itself in a different way. ... I had a healthy degree of skepticism up front ... I've become somebody extremely excited about working with possibilities of doing it this way."

Captain America director Joe Johnston was also skeptical of the process "after seeing some recent films make missteps," but he's apparently come around to the idea too. He did a day of test shooting with a 3D rig and found it to be a "nightmare" because of the bulky gear, calibration issues and "restricted filmmaking options." So he's shooting 2D and will convert in post, which is the same method that will be used on Thor (which is already in the can; Cap is shooting right now). It's also the same method that was used on, ahem, Clash of the Titans. And Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige points out that the visual effects for both films have been conceived and executed from the beginning in 3D. He also notes that the conversion process will receive "an unprecedented amount of time" and that both films will benefit from "the fact that the 3D choice was made early on" as opposed to in postproduction.

Meanwhile, the paper reports that "Marvel will drop some bombshell announcements in San Diego about The Avengers," and that Edward Norton's replacement as the Hulk will be a "name" and will be announced by Comic-Con at the latest.

picture.php

Finally some helms.
Cool, Odin has his ravens(Huginn and Muninn)as well as Gungnir.
Dont like Odins skirt.
The throne is pretty gaudy.
Looks like 2 maybe 3 of the warriors 3 are on Thors right.
Thors mother and Loki on the left.
Valkeryies honor guard in foreground?

Last edited:
thord.jpg

This looks like a Metropolitan Grand Opera production of Flash Gordon. But it's so nice to see an actual set being built in Hollywood instead of just a green screen!

And the third warrior whose leg is barely showing on the extreme right needs to get a better agent.

Back