Thor PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? oh............... Did you get the ex? Guess those will be coming in on the estimated arrival date of October :eek:

Yeah, it must take longer for the beard to grow in, hence the later arrival date.

No mention of Reg or Ex shipping in the next 30 days according to the NL.

No mention of Reg or Ex shipping in the next 30 days according to the NL.

I just got my 15-18 day shipping notice for the regular; I also have an Exclusive on order, but no notice yet.

Both editions are set for October so there will propably be something next week or the week after.

I got on the waitlist for the Ex on 2008-04-17 (time 17:17:36), what are the chances of that converting?

I just got my 15-18 day shipping notice for the regular; I also have an Exclusive on order, but no notice yet.

Sweet. So with the regular shipping first, we get to see how this PF turned out before the EX ships.

Sweet. So with the regular shipping first, we get to see how this PF turned out before the EX ships.

So how long after the reg will the Ex version ship? I'm debating whether or not to cancel my reg Thor PF order :confused: I know people mention that I should hang on to it, due to the prediction of eventually reaching "Grail" status, but I could save the $$ now...

*hooray for my 1,000th post!!!!!!!!:joy:joy:joy:joy*

Keep it and sell it on eBay. :)

So how long after the reg will the Ex version ship? I'm debating whether or not to cancel my reg Thor PF order :confused: I know people mention that I should hang on to it, due to the prediction of eventually reaching "Grail" status, but I could save the $$ now...

*hooray for my 1,000th post!!!!!!!!:joy:joy:joy:joy*

Well, I predict that there will be a surge of reg Thor PF's on eBay right after the release. This will ultimately bring too much competition and the price will suffer... I think after a couple years this may bring more $$, but I think initially it won't have any resale value...

Any word on the Exclusive orders? Another member posted that his Exclusive order was being processed. (Can you tell I'm getting anxious?)

Any word on the Exclusive orders? Another member posted that his Exclusive order was being processed. (Can you tell I'm getting anxious?)

I just bought a regular edition from an online comic store this weekend. Under 300 bucks ontop of that and they have an Oct release date.

Man, buying these are easy, why all the stress?

Ok, i'm joking....see my signature....I have to joke.....

Anyways......what are the chances that i'll even get mine? Hmmm...

How was that store even able to accomplish that for me?

I'm new to the collecting of these items so please forgive me being naive on such matters.

Thank you

Well, I predict that there will be a surge of reg Thor PF's on eBay right after the release. This will ultimately bring too much competition and the price will suffer... I think after a couple years this may bring more $$, but I think initially it won't have any resale value...

I think your right. Look at the SIM, sure you can get about double but I think people were expecting close to 1k on these. I know I was. But given the problems these had that may be a contributing factor. Either way you can get them on ebay pretty easy.

Isn't the exc shipping Mid Oct? I swore I read that somewhere?

I just spoke with the online store I bought mine (not exclusive one, no biggie but Cap I would've wanted the Exc) and he explained that they're one of sideshows best retail customers and that I will definately be receiving mine in Oct.

I wasn't aware that SC allocates some of these for retail stores.

I guess I lucked out with my order, and under 300 bucks no less.

Ladies and Gentlemen and Freaks, THOR HAS ARRIVED!

Quick Review:

GOOD: He's HUGE, 100 x BETTER looking in person than ANY picture! Very Impressive!!!

BAD: Base has something rattling inside but exterior isn't damaged. ONLY ONE, let me repeat ONLY ONE foot metal peg and it's on the straight right leg. The left foot has NO peg and just rests on the base.

Now, the way it is now he's completely UNSTABLE. What I'm thinking is that whatever is rattiling inside the base has to do with making sure that his ONE peg is appropriately secured on the base because the way it is now, he's rocking and sliding way too much!

The peg goes into it's base socket (the peg is under the heel of the boot and when inserted all you see is the heel) but man is it loose and with the peg leg being loose, it then causes the left bent leg to also be loose and slide back and forth on the base!

That's what i'm guessing, I could be wrong and this is the way he's supposed to connect and whatever is rattling is then a mystery but I sure hope not because there will definately be a-lot of falling THOR's in the near future!

WOW, why they went with ONE peg is INSANE!] for something so huge and on a raised base no less!

Someone already asked me if i'm sure what's rattling isn't a 2nd peg and it's not because there isn't even a 2nd hole on the base for another peg to fit into!

Oh well, I have to say, this is my third sideshow product and 2 out of the three came damaged!

My Captain America from Ebay was fine, well except for some minor paint issues on the shield that I don't know if it's a manufacturing problem or the original owner messed things up but it looks like manufacturing, but my Wolverine Comiquette that arrived straight from SS came with a dented base.

Talk about being bummed out! An AWESOME PF Figure but with a Broken Base!

CRAP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back