Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my sentiments. I'm a huge Thor fan so I'm less critical and more critical in different ways. I'm still happy to be seeing him on the big screen after all these years, Hemsworth is always a delight.

I wish we had more of Gorr the God Butcher actually doing God Butchering. Like, there wasn't a single on screen fight or kill (with other Gods). Why not utilize such an iconic actor?

Overall I wish the movie let things breathe a little more and develop the plot. It hopped around a ton and very quickly.

The humor was good for me, I laughed sometimes, I didn't in others. It was fun, I just wanted more.
Yup I agree with this.

Other than the first god no one else. Should’ve been more.

as im out of step with most over the treatment of thor in his last two flicks i expected"it's another Marvel film, no more no less" type reviews so seeing people actively dislike this one is odd ,and worryingly its its not the first time I've read/heard in recent days that the CGI is terrible.from what ive seen over the last year or two ,admittedly not much but marvel seems to be going backwards in terms of quality of the special effects in these flicks

or maybe there's just more of them that stand out

Last edited:
While I enjoyed Shang/NWH/DS2/Thor4 I do not consider them worthy of owning like I did with the entire Infinity Saga build up and finale.

But even owning the build up to the IS is a partial scam because the real IMAX versions are not even available on disk but thankfully the 3-D versions I have are indeed very awesome and worth owning.

Phase 4 has NO IDENTITY!

Those I mentioned are far FAR from bad but they are nothing but a nebulous multiverse or multi dimension narrative.

Thor 4 love story was super powerful loved it brought everyone to tears.

But it remains a phase 4 property which means it’s a road to nowhere.

Last edited:
While I enjoyed Shang/NWH/DS2/Thor4 I do not consider them worthy of owning like I did with the entire Infinity Saga build up and finale.

But even owning the build up to the IS is a partial scam because the real IMAX versions are not even available on disk but thankfully the 3-D versions I have are indeed very awesome and worth owning.

Phase 4 has NO IDENTITY.

It’s nothing but a nebulous multiverse or multi dimension narrative.

Thor 4 love story was super powerful loved it brought everyone to tears.

But it remains a phase 4 property which means it’s a road to nowhere.
Agree, I Ike the D+ shows of Phase 4 better than the theatrical releases so far , partially because they mostly involve Phase 1 characters ..Wanda, Hawkeye, Loki, etc..but I am digging Ms Marvel and MoonKnight.

The MCU is not the same without RDJ IM and Evans Cap

Who’d thought that even with decent Holland as Spidey there is still a huge void to fill without two MCU franchise players in IM and Cap

Even with Scar as Widow..is it wrong to think I miss the OG Avengers in the MCU

I felt with the outcome of NWH and DS2 we aren’t seeing Wanda and peter for a long while so again, the MCU is changing

Last edited:
Once again Marvel wastes an amazing villain by giving them 15 minutes of screen time then killing them off never to be seen or mentioned again.

The MCU is not the same without RDJ IM and Evans Cap

I don't really think that's the reason.

It's just that phase 4, even with the connected universe, is not building up to anything. There's no hook. Phase 1 was leading to the Avengers and at the end of it, it hooks the audience to the impending fight against Thanos. You have the Infinity stones scattered through the rest of the movies and watching how they will all come together.

It's just that phase 4, even with the connected universe, is not building up to anything. There's no hook. Phase 1 was leading to the Avengers and at the end of it, it hooks the audience to the impending fight against Thanos. You have the Infinity stones scattered through the rest of the movies and watching how they will all come together.
That's my main gripe to be honest, loki set up Kang and then is never brought up again, not in No Way home or Multiverse of Madness, it left a bad aftertaste whenever Kevin mentioned it as a side plot. I just stopped investing my time in MCU shows on Disney + if there's not that much emphasis on it. You could argue Wandavision but they summed it up for me in Multiverse of madness at the begining and never brought back Vision, They want to tease Secret Invasion but it's hard to keep up between EVERY single multi universal threating event.

No one has ever brought up the fact that there's a celestial in the ocean after "the eternals" phase 1-3 would had mentioned this somewhere or called back to it already.

https://www.ign.com/articles/thor-love-and-thunder-is-more-proof-marvel-needs-a-phase-4-goal-fast
Kind of glad they haven't done Xmen and F4 yet with good reason.

Last edited:
By the way, did anyone catch:

King Ninny the Nonnie sit on an "iron throne" made of scissors? Rock beats scissors... :lol :lol
I saw that and I LOLd. :lol

I thought the Mighty Thor was a great introduction to the character and I loved the goats! :lol

I thought the movie was good, not great, but good. I enjoyed it and it entertained me and that's all that matters.

There's also way too much in Phase 4. Just last year we had four movies and five (?) TV shows, and if you add up the total running time.of all these, its probably exceeded that of the Infinity Saga (excluding Agents of SHIELD). The movies used to be a few a year and they were events.

For me, the quality isn't there either for Phase 4, so I just no longer care.

Marvel be like…

“Move along nothing to see here…”

4805605C-E297-4C60-98E5-5D73F719A578.png

Last edited:
Would you say this line from a review is accurate:

Jane’s new talents don’t do much for the story and read as a dutiful nod to women’s empowerment (thanks).

Jane’s new talents don’t do much for the story and read as a dutiful nod to women’s empowerment (thanks).
Nope not at all.

It was narratively linked to her illness and not once was her strength brought up or compared to any male including Thor, Gor or Gay Korg lol

No. See Jye's post.
Nope not at all.

It was narratively linked to her illness and not once was her strength brought up or compared to any male including Thor, Gor or Gay Korg lol

Back