Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit this dude is quite funny and smart..

“Also actors umm..are insane” lol

“Black beard could’ve been from NZ no one ******* knew.” lol

Best part of his life, not career, life:

Directing stormtroopers!

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to rewatch this but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I just saw an early show today and have caught up with the comments. I have to agree that (1) a lot of the humor fell flat and (2) both Jane Foster's and Gorr's arcs were the best elements of the movie.

With respect to the humor, I think some of the best scenes/lines were spoiled by the trailers so when they arrived in the movie they (like all jokes) weren't as funny the 2nd time around. That said, there was still a lot to enjoy. For me the best comedic moment was
Spoiler Spoiler:

I also liked how

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't really think that's the reason.

It's just that phase 4, even with the connected universe, is not building up to anything. There's no hook. Phase 1 was leading to the Avengers and at the end of it, it hooks the audience to the impending fight against Thanos. You have the Infinity stones scattered through the rest of the movies and watching how they will all come together.
That's my main gripe to be honest, loki set up Kang and then is never brought up again, not in No Way home or Multiverse of Madness, it left a bad aftertaste whenever Kevin mentioned it as a side plot. I just stopped investing my time in MCU shows on Disney + if there's not that much emphasis on it. You could argue Wandavision but they summed it up for me in Multiverse of madness at the begining and never brought back Vision, They want to tease Secret Invasion but it's hard to keep up between EVERY single multi universal threating event.

No one has ever brought up the fact that there's a celestial in the ocean after "the eternals" phase 1-3 would had mentioned this somewhere or called back to it already.

https://www.ign.com/articles/thor-love-and-thunder-is-more-proof-marvel-needs-a-phase-4-goal-fast
Kind of glad they haven't done Xmen and F4 yet with good reason.
IDK, I think they're building up to something major with Kang and the Multiverse but in order to do so they first needed to introduce new characters like America Chavez, Clea and possibly
Spoiler Spoiler:
that are capable of interdimensional travel.

IDK, I think they're building up to something major with Kang and the Multiverse but in order to do so they first needed to introduce new characters like America Chavez, Clea and possibly
Spoiler Spoiler:

They could have started building up Secret Wars but as it is, the last reference of the Skrulls presence was in Far From Home. They could lead with that which makes the FF4 MCU debut highly anticipated.

Spoiler Spoiler:

They could have started building up Secret Wars but as it is, the last reference of the Skrulls presence was in Far From Home. They could lead with that which makes the FF4 MCU debut highly anticipated.
What’s confusing is the current “Power” structure in Phase 4 in the MCU, is it the eternals? kang? Scarlet Witch? Gorr? Who’s scared of who? in Phase 1-3 we all knew it was Thanos, but now that massive curveball is hard to catch I think.

I’m not holding out hope for Black Panther 2 to be honest and another thing I’ve noticed is that the last 4 MCU‘s spoilers have been 95% accurate, Disney/Marvel’s not trying anymore.

What’s confusing is the current “Power” structure in Phase 4 in the MCU, is it the eternals? kang? Scarlet Witch? Gorr? Who’s scared of who? in Phase 1-3 we all knew it was Thanos, but now that massive curveball is hard to catch I think.

I’m not holding out hope for Black Panther 2 to be honest and another thing I’ve noticed is that the last 4 MCU‘s spoilers have been 95% accurate, Disney/Marvel’s not trying anymore.
In Phase 1, you did not know it was Thanos until the 6th movie.

In Phase 1, you did not know it was Thanos until the 6th movie.
Phase I was the building up to the Avengers. THE AVENGERS was the payoff. Everyone new what was the goal. Seeing all the individuals come together and form a team. Thanos at the end of The Avengers was the tease as to what the future would bring. Then Phase 2 & 3 would keep dropping nuggets and a bread crumb trail that ultimately lead to IW & EG ending with Phase 3...

Phase 4 has had absolutely no build up to anything, nor has it hinted at anything on the horizon to keep viewers/fans engaged. It's just a bunch of stand alone movies. The only 2 related events that had anything in common was Wanda Vision & Dr Strange MOM.

While I generally agree with that, I see Phase 4's beginning as moving set pieces around. Phase 4 needs to transition away from the IW Saga so it has to deal with the ending of that and they have to re-fill the roster they lost from the previous saga. We have a few things brewing now:

1. Multiversal stuff which revolves around Kang.
2. Secret Wars stuff
3. Potential Young Avengers and Dark Avengers (they are already introducing these characters).

Haven't seen the film yet, but does Thor's hair look like the worst wig or what? It's starting to look cosplay bad.

That's my main gripe to be honest, loki set up Kang and then is never brought up again, not in No Way home or Multiverse of Madness, it left a bad aftertaste whenever Kevin mentioned it as a side plot. I just stopped investing my time in MCU shows on Disney + if there's not that much emphasis on it. You could argue Wandavision but they summed it up for me in Multiverse of madness at the begining and never brought back Vision, They want to tease Secret Invasion but it's hard to keep up between EVERY single multi universal threating event.

No one has ever brought up the fact that there's a celestial in the ocean after "the eternals" phase 1-3 would had mentioned this somewhere or called back to it already.

https://www.ign.com/articles/thor-love-and-thunder-is-more-proof-marvel-needs-a-phase-4-goal-fast
Kind of glad they haven't done Xmen and F4 yet with good reason.

I read that article as well, and I disagree with it.
It's interesting to me, because during the runup to Infinity War, there were a lot of complaints that every movie in the MCU had to have all kinds of tie-ins to every other movie. Hell, that was the biggest critique thrown at Iron Man 2, that it felt like it was more interested in setting up MCU films than being its own thing.
So now we have some films and shows that are very much their own thing, and the reaction is...where are all the references? It's strange. Characters like Kamala, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and the Eternals are all getting a chance to be introduced in their own stories. Characters like Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Widow and Falcon are getting a chance to be fleshed out in their own properties. They're rebuilding the whole universe, to a certain extent. I for one am glad they don't feel a need to overwhelm us with more universe (multiverse?) ending threats right off the bat. We know Kang is there, and he's coming. Let's get to know the people who will have to fight him first, then.

Back