Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap!

What i’m about to say is very specific to me and my family.

Because of my cancer this movie did a number on my wife enough so that our son felt down and sad while watching it.

A very emotional evening for us including me obviously.

It was a very personal movie for us.

So yes i’m tainted and biased now oh well such is life.

The love story at the center of this movie is very powerful and moving not a dry eye in the theater.

Few other thoughts.

Movie is not woke I repeat not woke AT ALL!

Thor is NOT emasculated AT ALL!

Thor is super powerful and never put in his place by Mighty Thor or any other woman AT ALL!

I went into this expecting a movie 100% ruined by humor and that is not the case at all the humor complaints are being blown way out of proportion and the humor that is there is very naturally presented.

The black and white sequence looked cool!

Movie has a ton of heart!

Go see it.
Hmmm interesting. I’ll catch it on Disney plus then

Hope everything is well with your family @jye4ever, glad to hear this movie was so touching for you, but still hope you all are well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah unabashedly love it personally but it's definitely proving to be quite divisive online.

Honestly this year has been very crap for movies this year for me. I only went to go see Batman and sonic. Lol. Mom didn’t look to appealing and love and thunder just ain’t worth it. Although mom was entertaining on Disney plus it wasn’t the movie I expected it to be.

Honestly this year has been very crap for movies this year for me. I only went to go see Batman and sonic. Lol. Mom didn’t look to appealing and love and thunder just ain’t worth it. Although mom was entertaining on Disney plus it wasn’t the movie I expected it to be.

Top Gun Maverick will solve your issues.

I agree with this. As I mentioned before, I did not find Thor to be emasculated at all. He's not a dumb oaf here too. He's every bit as intelligent and capable as ever.

Once you get through the first 1/4 of the movie, things shift to a more serious tone and everything starts falling into place. This is now my favorite MCU film of Phase 4, ahead of NWH and Multiverse of Madness.

I'm watching this again next week for a charity screening with my kids. Can't wait!

Edit: missed the part about your wife's cancer. I hope she was ok Jye.
That’s ok apology not required.

Actually my wife doesn’t have cancer I do but she lost her best friend to it.

I’m doing good though thank you and Raven for asking.

Just saw it. Strong 5 to low 6 out of 10 for me. It was like an SNL sketch making fun of Thor and, like many an SNL sketch, the jokes either were overplayed and too often fell flat.

I loved Ragnarok and Jojo Rabbit. But I am worried that Taika is helming the next Star Wars movie(s) after seeing this.

Just saw it. Strong 5 to low 6 out of 10 for me. It was like an SNL sketch making fun of Thor and, like many an SNL sketch, the jokes either were overplayed and too often fell flat.

I loved Ragnarok and Jojo Rabbit. But I am worried that Taika is helming the next Star Wars movie(s) after seeing this.
Lets face it the build up to IW/EG this is not.

Is Beta Ray Bill (or any reference to him) in this movie? Feel free to respond either way with spoiler tags.

Soooo it's an MCU movie. :lol
It’s borderline slapstick/SNL to be honest, in the previous movies it was decent, even in The saddest scenes they threw some joke that killed the mood. They could had tone the MCU humor to 85% at least, this movie felt like 150%.

I went to see it last night and I loved it! Turns out my expectations and worries were unfounded.

I expected Thor to be pushed to the back while Jane would be the hero of the film. I expected Thor to die, so Jane could keep going forward as the character. I expected the Greek (and many other) gods to be killed by Gorr to show how powerful he is...

But none of that happened...

What we actually got was:

• Thor still being the main character in his own movie. He was strong, brave and intelligent, but also funny and a bit of a goofball like he was in Ragnarok.
  • Jane being awesome and having a great, but sad, storyline. For a moment I thought Thor would be te one to make the wish in the end and he would wish to have her cured. The way it actually ended was way better and much more powerful.
  • Loved the idea of Thor having a "daughter" now. I got goosebumps when the Korg voiceover said they are now known as Love and Thunder. Gives the title a whole new meaning.
  • I ended actually liking Valkyrie, whereas I wasn't a big fan of her in the previous films.
  • Loved the first bit of Thor fighting alongside the Guardians!
  • Gorr was an awesome villain. It was good to see the backstory about how he became the way he is. He looked very creepy in the scenes where his eyes glowed in the dark.
  • Great music selection.
  • Russell Crowe was awesome. Loved the way he walked down the little stairs, holding his skirt :lol

So yeah, I had a great time and I'm already planning on seeing it a second time. :rock :rock :rock

It’s borderline slapstick/SNL to be honest, in the previous movies it was decent, even in The saddest scenes they threw some joke that killed the mood. They could had tone the MCU humor to 85% at least, this movie felt like 150%.
Uhhh. Maybe you walked into the wrong theatre.

Back