Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maam800.jpg

Play nice, Freaks. I'm not interested in closing this thread down or infracting anyone over some pointless sociopolitical talking points on a toy forum.

But I will if you continue.

Ironwez asked a question I answered with a factual answer and then added a lol

I just like to stir the pot

:chase
:thwak

Why does the "King" thing matter so much?

Valkyrie can be a non-binary ALIEN, she can choose if she will be called King or Quenn, she is the ruler of Asgard after all, she can choose to be whoever she wants to be.

You are forgetting that she is an ALIEN just like Thor and all Asgardians, they look human (Homo sapiens) but they are not human.

All the Eternals are non-binary ROBOTS. Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator franchise is also a non-binary ROBOT.

I believe that Taika Waitita saved the Thor franchise with Ragnarok. It's one of my favorite MCU movies. Thor 1 was mediocre. Thor 2, aside from Loki and such a wonderful performance by Renee Russo, was just a plain bad movie.

Both those Thor films were protected by star power in the casting, Tom Hiddleston really knocking it out of the park as Loki, and the allure of the MCU franchise overall. These were almost "Can't Fail" type movies.

So I want to give the 4th installment a chance. Also we get some Guardians Of The Galaxy implied and that's always fun to have around.

In my book, Ragnarok was good enough to make me want to see more of that style of storytelling, pacing and humor.

But I can't blame a lot of fans for feeling like there is an intentional push at every chance for big ticket films to incite them with some kind of identity politics. You can't keep coming at the average person in entertainment and keep gaslighting in them in books, film, TV, music, etc, etc and demand they prove to you why they aren't a horrible person because they disagree or want something else or want escapism without conditions.

If Thor 4 ends up being less about a story and more about a message, then everyone who disagrees and doesn't like it should just jettison the franchise, and maybe the entire MCU. Nothing will show you disagree more than voting with your feet and voting with your wallet.

One of the interesting things about the current era of film and TV is that there has never been so much choice. Marvel, Feige and the MCU aren't just fighting for your attention based on whether their storytelling is good or bad, they are fighting for your attention even if they make the greatest comic book films ever made.

If Thor 4 is disappointing, then just walk out, never give Marvel another dollar and go watch Midnight Mass, watch The Great, watch Severance, watch Counterpart, watch See, there's still good viewing out there where the show runners aren't waging war on their fanbases.

I usually skip the marvel movies I think look stupid. I skipped thor 2 and antman

This reminds me of Silas in The DaVinci Code:

5967cae6460072e7f54a02c758bc0c21.gif

And I guess the Alien Engineers:

article-1339775923170-139ebc84000005dc-204907_466x682.jpg

Wish he had a black scarf or something. Guess the all white does make him appear "all pure" in a religious crusade kind of way.

Taika Waititi: "Fine you crybaby fans, we'll FINALLY put Thor in his freaking helmet!" (to costume designers--whispering) "Design the stupidest looking helmet you can...*snicker*"
Justin on Justin's Collection said it was the best representation of Thor yet.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I remember wanting to see a Beta Ray Bill in the MCU. Now I'm not so sure they'd do him justice.

Back