Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait until you see the new Medusa being introduced in the next greek mythology movie coming out.

Think ObiWan Inquisitor lol

I know nothing about Medusa was she human before?
Wait what did they do to Medusa?

She’s black lol
rage-boogie2988.gif

I'm fine with Jane picking up the hammer. It's just a "worthy" detector irrespective of gender. And I'm fine with Valkyrie ruling Asgard, just like I was fine with Princess Leia and Mon Mothma. It's the stupid ass notion of "gender fluid" labels that are by definition *not* gender fluid that I'm beyond over at this point.

noun. a male sovereign or monarch; a man who holds by life tenure, and usually by hereditary right, the chief authority over a country and people.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/king
noun
  1. 1.
    the male ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth.
    "King Henry VIII"
A valid point, but Thor indicated she was the "king" back when he ceded leadership to her at the end of Endgame, so nitpicking it now (without any further info on her reign) seems rather late. Besides, Asgard isn't much more than a tiny fishing village now, so who cares what she's called? :lol

A valid point, but Thor indicated she was the "king" back when he ceded leadership to her at the end of Endgame, so nitpicking it now (without any further info on her reign) seems rather late. Besides, Asgard isn't much more than a tiny fishing village now, so who cares what she's called? :lol
It was an eye-rolling moment in EG for sure (along with the blatantly pandering "A-Force" scene and Joe Russo virtue signaling to the world as the "MCU's first openly gay character") but it was so minor and throw away in an otherwise sea of euphoric awesomeness that it was easy to overlook (along with the other two moments I mentioned). Besides I can easily interpret Thor's line as meaning "Asgard needs a king...but you'll do for now." He just didn't say the quiet part out loud. ;)

Well there is the "White Wolf" but with all these established multiverses, anything is possible for future creations.
I actually agree with the part in bold for the most part. I don't know that I could ever accept a white BP, Blade, Shang Chi, etc., but there have certainly been examples of characters that started out white being awesomely played by black or other ethnicities (Kingpin, Nick Fury, etc.). Black Lesbian Catwoman is probably my favorite Catwoman of all in fact but for God's sake don't call her that on the action figure card like they're doing with the new Valkyrie, lol.

I actually agree with the part in bold for the most part. I don't know that I could ever accept a white BP, Blade, Shang Chi, etc., but there have certainly been examples of characters that started out white being awesomely played by black or other ethnicities (Kingpin, Nick Fury, etc.). Black Lesbian Catwoman is probably my favorite Catwoman of all in fact but for God's sake don't call her that on the action figure card like they're doing with the new Valkyrie, lol.
I'm cool with it so long as the original character remains intact and around. No need for total replacement, we love the original characters for a reason; Hopefully, mostly their motivation/ideology - if it's a hero of course.

It was an eye-rolling moment in EG for sure (along with the blatantly pandering "A-Force" scene and Joe Russo virtue signaling to the world as the "MCU's first openly gay character") but it was so minor and throw away in an otherwise sea of euphoric awesomeness that it was easy to overlook (along with the other two moments I mentioned). Besides I can easily interpret Thor's line as meaning "Asgard needs a king...but you'll do for now." He just didn't say the quiet part out loud. ;)
Well perhaps the assumption was that she would be called Queen, and that's what Thor intended without directly saying it.
As I recall, their exchange went something like this:
V: Are you here to stay?
T: About that…
V: Thor, the people need their king.
T: They’ve already got one.

and it went on from there. So Thor inferred that she was the new king, not queen. The term was only used to reference her leadership role anyway & doesn’t even belong in the same conversation with those other eye-rolling moments.

Valkyrie is supposed to be a lesbian, so maybe she’s married now and the king & queen titles are used to differentiate between them? And no, I’m not saying her queen would be a “queen” lol. :wink1:

Last edited:
"King" Valkyrie is stupid. Just like having a male character called "Valkyrie" would be equally stupid.

As for Medusa, she's a Gorgon. She's like a lizard woman with snakes for hair. Who cares what "race" she is....she's not even remotely human.

Why does the "King" thing matter so much?

Valkyrie can be a non-binary ALIEN, she can choose if she will be called King or Quenn, she is the ruler of Asgard after all, she can choose to be whoever she wants to be.

You are forgetting that she is an ALIEN just like Thor and all Asgardians, they look human (Homo sapiens) but they are not human.

All the Eternals are non-binary ROBOTS. Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator franchise is also a non-binary ROBOT.

I actually think a black Medusa would be cool. I think jye may be talking about that commercial I’ve been seeing

Back