Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone please explain The Goat Boat to me... Sounds awesome! :lol
The way it looks from the picture, the goats pull a New Asgard tours boat across the Bifröst. See Stormbreaker in the dragon's head on the bow of the ship? It's opening the Bifröst and the boat is the vessel that takes the heroes to cosmic places.

The goats are probably the goats that pulled Thor's chariot in the actual mythology, Tanngrisir and Tanngnjóstr. (Had to google the names ;))

Seeing this Lego set somehow made me more excited for this movie. :rock

I read a supposed "leak" the other day, and it apparently it doesn't open with Gorr slaugthering the Olympians to set it up. They appear later down the line. Crowe is Zeus, and Isla Fisher is Aphrodite. I thought she was going to be Hera tbhwy. Still, as with all leaks it's probably mostly bull, but figured I'd throw that out there. Sacha Baron Cohen was hanging out with them all back during filming, so he's probably a God too. I'm betting on someone like Dionysus. I guess they could cameo as a set up for a Herc flick down the line. Thing is, MCU Thor is already a goofball like 616 Herc is, so what would seperate them? Maybe Herc will be the serious guy this time around, while Thor remains a goofball. Or maybe Thor grows up, finally. Who knows?

Another interesting bit was that this time around they're reworking Gorr as having his planet get pillaged by marauders during the Blip. Previous leaks had Hela be responsible. Dunno which one is more likely from a narrative standpoint. Anyhow, there's also a trippy Willy Wonka-esque scene there while they're trying to get to Nidavelir. Dinklage's character comes back, which seems to be true. They're all trying to get to Niflheim, ao maybe we could see Hela again. Oh, Sif was in the leak too, so there's that. She did come back in Loki, so maybe her exile from the MCU is over. The dead appear in Valhalla, so Loki and Heimdal and the such get a cameo.

I have to say though, the designs really are too colourful. Every time I see them, I like them less.

Or he was just hanging with his wife...
...I like my headcanon more. They were all in the table together. Crowe, Bale, Hemsworth, etc. Looked like a business thing to me. Otherwise why didn't the others bring their wives/husbands? I don't know, maybe you're right, it's not like I can identify everyone here:

0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Star-studded-lunch-in-Sydney-Russell-Crowe-Rita-Ora-Christian-Bale-Sacha-Baron-Cohen.jpg

It's entirely possible, but I prefer speculating, so... We'll see in July anyhow.

Or he was just hanging with his wife...

...I like my headcanon more. They were all in the table together. Crowe, Bale, Hemsworth, etc. Looked like a business thing to me. Otherwise why didn't the others bring their wives/husbands? I don't know, maybe you're right, it's not like I can identify everyone here:

0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Star-studded-lunch-in-Sydney-Russell-Crowe-Rita-Ora-Christian-Bale-Sacha-Baron-Cohen.jpg

It's entirely possible, but I prefer speculating, so... We'll see in July anyhow.
I think Crowe ate his wife....

Why are you posting blackface, Matticus? That's pretty racist of you.

loki-kang.gif

Y'Know, MCU Kang might be awful, but I'm having the time of my life **** posting funny gifs of him. I may call him a Clown, but he's genuinely good at that, at least. Guy's got a goofy and kind/wholesome face, I can't bypass it. He's just utterly wrong for Kang. I have to be honest, I do feel bad for making fun of him, but I can't help myself. He's ruining one of my favourites, so he has to pay. I bet he'll feel real bad when he sees the posts of a seething nerd on a dolly forum! Yup, I'm fighting the good fight I am!

...Why did you have to go and post a far superior version and make me depressed? Adam Driver would be a GOAT Kang. There, now my night is ruined. Good job.

Kylo-Ren-GIF-by-topkyloren-tumblr-kylo-ren-39430652-245-245.gif

That dude could be choping me up to pieces and I'd still be unable to take him seriously.

...Why did you have to go and post a far superior version and make me depressed? Adam Driver would be a GOAT Kang. There, now my night is ruined. Good job.

Kylo-Ren-GIF-by-topkyloren-tumblr-kylo-ren-39430652-245-245.gif

That dude could be choping me up to pieces and I'd still be unable to take him seriously.
Driver does play a good pompous character. The Last Duel worked for me.

As for Doom, I think Marton Csokas would be a good one.

Why are you posting blackface, Matticus? That's pretty racist of you.

loki-kang.gif

Y'Know, MCU Kang might be awful, but I'm having the time of my life **** posting funny gifs of him. I may call him a Clown, but he's genuinely good at that, at least. Guy's got a goofy and kind/wholesome face, I can't bypass it. He's just utterly wrong for Kang. I have to be honest, I do feel bad for making fun of him, but I can't help myself. He's ruining one of my favourites, so he has to pay. I bet he'll feel real bad when he sees the posts of a seething nerd on a dolly forum! Yup, I'm fighting the good fight I am!
I got the gif removed! You had to say something! lol I've seen worse words on this forum to be honest. Only if there was a Crowe gif of him using a telephone to bash in a hotel workers head with, I would have went with that instead. :(

Driver does play a good pompous character. The Last Duel worked for me.
Driver's got a goofy face too, but his features are strong, and coupled with his hair, height/frame, voice, and genuine acting abilities, he comes off genuinely intimidating. The Kang guy just can't do that. He's like a goofy teddy bear. I can't see him as the villain. He's the kindly but cowardly teacher who finally finds the inner strength to hold off some supervillain while his students escape.

As for Doom, I think Marton Csokas would be a good one.
I haven't seen the guy in much, but just from the face it's a pass for me. He's got a goofy/thuggish look to him. Like an underling's. For Doom you need either the Balkan brutality, the Med (specifically French) pompousness, or the signature British look of superiority. So the usual names like Vincent Cassell, Mark Strong, Colin Firth, etc. I was a fan of Jude Law, but he got wasted in the Carl Manvers thing. People fancast Nikolaj and Mads, but they're very wrong for the Operatic character that is DOOM. My Top 3 left-filed picks would be

Rufus Sewell

c937caa841d4d0cb0b6072351825b6b6.gif

Clive Owen

0ee74044f9f78b55fa732a53341f9838.gif

Toby Stephens

original.gif

You need someone who can do both the hammy and serious parts, and Brit excell at that since they're primarily stage actors. Clive Owen specifically I think could nail it, as he's got comedic chops too. And I'm a bit biased but I like that he's got quasi-curly hair. I love the Marquez redesign and feel like it made Doom distinct even in his civvie persona.

23ae3ae9b96e3da820272e6f540038cfdf3391e6.jpg

I got the gif removed! You had to say something! lol I've seen worse words on this forum to be honest. Only if there was a Crowe gif of him using a telephone to bash in a hotel workers head with, I would have went with that instead. :(
s2MDM7M.gif

The thing they need to nail with Doom is the voice. The previous Dooms haven’t had a threatening voice. We shouldn’t be seeing his face often/at all so the voice is where all the personality its going to lie. The first Doom sounded bored not threatening. I don’t even remember trash bag Doom.

I do think Mads could have been good had they not used him in Dr. strange. He has an interesting voice and accent. Loved him on Hannibal. Although I suppose they could turn Kaecilius into Doom and use that as a way to explain his magic side.

They could even go the Darth Vader route and have the voice separately from the on set actor and get anyone from Jeremy Irons to Mark Hamill to play him. I think as long as they get a good voice and make the suit look like a suit of armor he should turn out great. I mean putting the mark II Iron Man armor in a green hood would already be better than anything before so it’s not a high bar to beat.

The thing they need to nail with Doom is the voice. The previous Dooms haven’t had a threatening voice. We shouldn’t be seeing his face often/at all so the voice is where all the personality its going to lie. The first Doom sounded bored not threatening. I don’t even remember trash bag Doom.

I do think Mads could have been good had they not used him in Dr. strange. He has an interesting voice and accent. Loved him on Hannibal. Although I suppose they could turn Kaecilius into Doom and use that as a way to explain his magic side.

They could even go the Darth Vader route and have the voice separately from the on set actor and get anyone from Jeremy Irons to Mark Hamill to play him. I think as long as they get a good voice and make the suit look like a suit of armor he should turn out great. I mean putting the mark II Iron Man armor in a green hood would already be better than anything before so it’s not a high bar to beat.
I like characters with masks. It gives off that mysterious vibe. Even with makeup, like the Joker, it gives an illusion of this guy is nuts and I don't know what to expect.

I think it's got less to do with McMahon and Kebbel and more with the script/directing, but I get your point. Both wanted to do a proper Doom, but studios shot that down. Which, to be fair, isn't surprising. You have a franchise rooted in Sci-Fi, and then you have their archenemy be a Sorcerer King from a Balkan land who LARPs as if it's the Medieval times. From a disconnected executive viewpoint, all you can do is streamline him to Not!Luthor.

But yeah, his face shouldn't be shown bar in small glimpses and flashbacks. Though it's not as mysterious as Vader's was in the OT, since we saw Doom's face quite a bit. As a kid, as a young adult before the accident, even multiple times after his accident such as when Alicia felt him around and made a sculpture of him. Obviously when he got powered up and fixed it. It's something that should be hidden, but maybe 80-90 % of the time.

The voice is a very important component, but the difficulty here is having it have character and not just go with a robotic filter. It should be a natural voice with a bit of a lower tempo and a slight echo of sorts. Simon Templeman already played him through voice acting, and ever since I heard it, Kain is my go-to voice.

I love Mads, and he could do a good enough job, but he's not exactly perfect for the role. Skarsgard, Viggo and the other Northeners either. Doom has a very loud, bombastic and operatic personality. The actor needs to be able to pull off both ham played straight, and also drama and all the typical villain characteristics. Mads can do the latter, and he's got a charm and funnybone to him, but for Doom you need someone who can just go full theatre mode. Mads can look arrogant, but in a collected way. Doom's not a Blofeld type, he's a showman. He flaunts his cape and drives a sword to your heart while delivering a monologue. It's a different kind of innate personality that is needed. He can turn it off, but that theatricality is needed.

That is obviously a route to take, but scarred face or not, what happens when they inevitably reach Secret Wars and he goes God-Mode? I don't know, it'd peeve me a bit if he didn't get a "proper actor" so that I could have a headsculpt too, even if your idea would work better. I love Jeremy Irons myself, and he'd make for a great Doom in general.

MV5BMjcxOTEzODItMGZjYy00ZWY0LTlhNmQtODUwZjIzODYyZjViL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAyODU1Njc@._V1_.jpg

But obviously you need someone younger. Although the prospect of Chad Reed being lost in time and going against and now aged Doom who remained isolated all these years, is kind of funny.

Back