Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeeee!!!!!

IMG_4212.jpg

Only thing missing is Trixie, maybe chuckles

haha

Where's Zurg? Seriously...he is one of the most popular characters in Toy Story. Everyone wants him...why wouldn't Thinkway make him?
:(

Here's my newest members of the Toy Story collection. Pretty damn expensive plush toys is what they were.

IMG_4216.jpg

Speaking of expensive, you should see what one of the department stores here is selling Lotso for, $130! And the QC for that batch was really bad too, none of his eyes/nose/mouth and everything was aligned properly......I almost expect it to have a bonus saying, "Derp".

I'm glad I found a store that was carrying one for under $50, since I didn't see TS3 until it came out on DVD/BD. It was the last 2 left too, and some woman walked by and asked if I was getting both, so she got the last one as well.

Speaking of expensive, you should see what one of the department stores here is selling Lotso for, $130! And the QC for that batch was really bad too, none of his eyes/nose/mouth and everything was aligned properly......I almost expect it to have a bonus saying, "Derp".

I'm glad I found a store that was carrying one for under $50, since I didn't see TS3 until it came out on DVD/BD. It was the last 2 left too, and some woman walked by and asked if I was getting both, so she got the last one as well.

I often forget how unfair the prices of product is for countries out of the U.S. Sounds like such a pain to be a fan! I guess if I were you I would save up and take several trips to the U.S. a year haha.

Noticed today toy r us Canada restocked Bullseye. Also a price drop from $59.99 to $44.97. Good deal.

I picked one up about two weeks ago. Called this morning to see if I could have it price matched to the $45, they did.

Now I'm waiting on my TSC Dolly I bought off of eBay.

Last edited:
Hit up the Disney Store in NYC and they have Mr. Pricklepants, Dolly, and Buttercup. So yes, they are hitting Disney Stores it looks like.

I also went to the Disney Store on the Walt Disney Studios lot and they had them there also. That's both coasts now. Start searching if you still need these over priced plushies!

Is a thinkway zurg gonna be released? I always wanted him as a kid but never bought cause I could never find him. Then I grew up and when I could order online I didn't want to buy some cheap toy. Since these are the best toy story toys I was wondering if we would ever see a zurg.

WAve 3 on dsstore.com...pricklepants and buttercup are $39.50 each, Dolly is 29.50

I once had all the collectors Thinkaway stuff (Bullseye, Lotso, Jessie etc) but sold most of them recently, as good as they were, none of them were as good as the Buzz. I kept Buzz, Woody and the "Tesco" exclusive Utilitiy Belt Buzz as I thought one day it might be worth something but judging by eBay it looks like it is the cheapest one of the lot.

Still, they are good and I am glad I have them. Oh and I also have the Soldiers:yess:

So does anyone have any info on whether we get a Zurg and Stinky Pete?

I emailed Thinkway and this is the response I got:

Dear Tyson,

Thank you for your interest in our Toy Story Collection toys. At this point in time we have no plans to produce Zurg and Stinky Pete the prospector, availability of toys depends upon the retailers so things may change later on. There will be no more new characters added to the Toy Story Collection line. We manufacture by orders only, so availability of toys depends upon the retailer.

Regards,
Deborah Mayers
Customer Service
Tel : 905-470-8883
Toll Free : 1-800-535-5754

Jenny with Thinkway said the same thing a year before they released Buttercup, Pricklepants and Dolly.

What are we to believe?

I think she might be telling the truth this time. With no Toy Story 4 anytime soon, these toys would be risky to sell... especially characters that aren't as recognizable as Woody and Buzz. And it's all about store demand as well. If stores aren't interested, a toy company will need to find another outlet.

I would prefer they just make these Disney Store exclusives and do it that way.

I think she might be telling the truth this time. With no Toy Story 4 anytime soon, these toys would be risky to sell... especially characters that aren't as recognizable as Woody and Buzz. And it's all about store demand as well. If stores aren't interested, a toy company will need to find another outlet.

I would prefer they just make these Disney Store exclusives and do it that way.

When you say "they" do you mean Thinkway make toys for Disney Store only, but still have their Thinkway name and "Toy Story Collection" on the box? Like the Dolly, Prickle and Buttercup?

If that is the case, I don't care, it makes no difference where they are purchased, just that they match the others in my collection and are part of the Toy Story Collection line.

When you say "they" do you mean Thinkway make toys for Disney Store only, but still have their Thinkway name and "Toy Story Collection" on the box? Like the Dolly, Prickle and Buttercup?

If that is the case, I don't care, it makes no difference where they are purchased, just that they match the others in my collection and are part of the Toy Story Collection line.

Yes, that's what I mean. Right now Toy aisles have devoted several spots for Toy Story and while they still sell decently (I'm assuming), they probably don't want to take up as much space as they have been during non-movie years. Thus, it's difficult for Thinkway to devote a lot of efforts into making the rest of the characters.

So yah, I was proposing these be Disney Store exclusives... one at a time... just to get them out there. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Yes, that's what I mean. Right now Toy aisles have devoted several spots for Toy Story and while they still sell decently (I'm assuming), they probably don't want to take up as much space as they have been during non-movie years. Thus, it's difficult for Thinkway to devote a lot of efforts into making the rest of the characters.

So yah, I was proposing these be Disney Store exclusives... one at a time... just to get them out there. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

It's just frustrating, there are customers like us contacting Thinkway constantly about Zurg and Pete. This should be a good indicator that the public is interested.

But Thinkway is stuck because Toys R Us and retailers don't show interest.

Maybe we should all get together and start blowing up Disney Store's email about a Thinkway Zurg and Pete. If there are enough of us bugging Disney Store about it, I'm sure Disney Store may push Thinkway to produce, right?

Money is money and they would be stupid to ignore us.

Who's with me?

Not from Thinkway unfortunately, but we have what looks to be our most accurate Zurg to date.

Holiday-Gift-Preview-2012-Zurg-682x1024.jpg

https://pixartimes.com/2012/06/27/disney-holiday-gift-preview-2012-pixar-merchandise/

And here are some observations posted on Pixarplanet forums.

zurg_toy_over_view_by_oakstory-d55c8eq.jpg

The main problem, If size estimates are accurate, is that he's a few inches too short. This Zurg looks to be about the same height as Buzz, he should be noticeably taller.

Edit: Jim hill is reporting that actually is Thinkway.
How do you know the Zurg is from Thinkway?

EDITOR'S NOTE: Because that's what I was told by the Disney Consumer Products rep who took Nancy, Alice and I for a tour of the Boy's section of the Holiday Showcase yesterday. Mind you, this DCP staffer could have been mistaken. But they were pretty definite about identifying who made what (i.e. "This is being made by Mattel. This is being produced by Hasbros. This is a Disney Store Exclusive, etc.") as they toured us through the building.

https://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_...ucts-holiday-showcase-event.aspx#.T-0UH7We6Vp

Last edited:
I've been gazing in awe at these images for several days now... there truly is a God!

I would think that the Zurg is Thinkway, since he's being released concurrently with a retool of TSC Buzz. Even if he is the same size as Buzz, he looks absolutely leagues better than any of the previous Zurgs. Though the metallic purple isn't exactly accurate, it just makes for a better looking toy, in my opinion.

As for the power dial, I expect that they'll be adding stickers in the final release - many prototypes lack the stickers that the final product bears.

Anyway, :yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

(Also, that Buzz actually looks pretty awesome - I'm loving the laser cannon from the Toy Story 3 video game and the Space Ranger shield! This must be the first time that accessories of this scale have been produced for a Buzz toy.)

Someone emailed Thinkway about it and they are denying this Zurg is there's.

Hi folks,

The Zurg is a Thinkway Toy. i know this for a fact. It is probably as close as we will ever get to a correct size Zurg.

Back