Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's kinda vague, there are a number of 12 inchers out there. The general consensus is that the toy story collection (now renamed to the signature collection) from Thinkway is the best versions of each. Depends on who you ask and personal preference, but scale wise you cant really loose going with those. Differing opinions usually have more to do with proportion, quality of materials, and pricing.I wouldn't touch anything made exclusively for the Disney store myself with the exception of Hamm and now Zurg, as those are the only in scale versions of these characters anyway. But Disney store versions of Buzz, woody, Jessie, I wouldn't bother unless it was for a kid.

There is nothing wrong with the Disney Store releases. Depends how serious you are I guess. In most cases, Thinkway is probably better, but with some figures it doesnt make much of a difference. What ever is easier for you to acquire I'd go with.

If you are interested in Lotso, IMO, the Disney Store release is a LOT better than Thinkways in regards to the figure itself.

Interested in owning some Toy Story collectibles...

Are the DisneyStore 12" ones the definitive ones to have?

The disney store versions are OK. They are MUCH cheaper than their Toy Story collection counterparts. If you are interested I am willing to part with the Disney Store Rex if you want it. The scale is just about the same as the Toy Story Collection. His torso is just a little bit shorter. Looks awesome with the others and it has a plastic shine just like the movie has. So in some ways it looks better than the TSC version.

Nice! I still wish they gave us a plain "dead" woody so it would look accurate flopped wherever I decide to put him.

They also came out with Dolly and Buttercup. Those however I did not see at Toysrus. It was a wave that came out in 2011 I believe. It is nice to see the prickle pants surface.

Oh, its that wave still? I thought this was a newer wave. I never saw them at stores, but I already had the Disney store plushes and never really saw the need to get the TSC versions.

I still hope we get a few more figures from this collection, but it looks doubtful at this point.

Oh, its that wave still? I thought this was a newer wave. I never saw them at stores, but I already had the Disney store plushes and never really saw the need to get the TSC versions.

I still hope we get a few more figures from this collection, but it looks doubtful at this point.

Doubtful unless Toy Story 4 rolls out... But I dont really feel like I am critically missing any of the characters. I got the Disney Store Hamm Bank from a user here which looks spectacular with the group.

I want a combat Karl. There I said it.

And why do I need to remove the batteries?

Prolonged storage is bad for batteries. My Toy Story figures all live in display cases now. I opened up Rex's tail and the battery ruptured and got all insdie the figure. I was able to clean it up nicely, but it could have been much worse! I have had this happen many times to figures and toys... it is best to leave them without batteries.

I want a Combat Carl, Combat Carl Jr., Pez Cat, and Tranzitron.

... and T-Bone, Leader of the Steak Force.

Back