The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

:goodpost:
Nice sig by the way. Hope the HT fig comes with the chair like GF did.

Thanks, and that would be awesome :rock

He is coming in on a sequal to a horrible movie that's already established the characters story. Unless he completely throws out everything from the first he has absolutely nothing to work with. I have all the faith in the world in Aronofsky but no one in the world has enough talent to correct or develop anything positive out of what's been established for this series. If this was the first film this would be amazing news now its just like asking a master chef to make gerber meatsticks taste like filet.

Opinion overload! All I'm saying is that it's not fair to doom the sequel because the first was lacking.

Also, Wolverine's origins have been covered yes, but there is a lot more to his character and story that has not yet been told, and Aronofsky does not have to carry over any of the negatives from the first film to tell it.

I think a director can jump right into the story, and ask the audience not to rely too heavily on the previous film as a direct prequel. They shouldn't feel hamstrung by the previous film(s), just because the newer movie is a kind of sequel, but nor do they have to start from square one.

You don't have to spend 45 minutes introducing characters and backstory because you are diverting from previous works (in fact, I think that is a major flaw with comic films generally), and you don't have to even acknowledge all the things and characters that happened in the previous film(s). You still use some of the general themes, contexts, and characters, but not all the nuances.

Look at the most recent Hulk film. It was loosely related to the old TV show, but it didn't ask the audience to know about all the character from the original material (the reporter wasn't even in the film, and Banner had a different relationship with certain characters, etc.). They jumped into the story, and I think it worked very well. A new Wolvie movie could be a "loose" sequel done the same way, and hopefully will be, since the less you focus on the garbage from the first film, the better.

They should take him to Japan and have him fight the Hand, etc. I just hope its not littered with x-amount of poorly concieved cameo characters thrown in like Origins was. He's a loner by character, go with it.

:exactly: Would be a dream come true.... Something along the lines of the Frank Miller series :rock

I did like XMO quite a bit, which puts me in the minority, but I'd rather see more Wolverine than a full X-Men team film. Last Stand sucked.

:exactly: Would be a dream come true.... Something along the lines of the Frank Miller series :rock

I did like XMO quite a bit, which puts me in the minority, but I'd rather see more Wolverine than a full X-Men team film. Last Stand sucked.

Last Stand was so terrible that Fox had to go all the way to beginning of the franchise just to keep it gping. But to be fair none of the X-Men movies are really that good. I pretty much refer to them as the Wolverine movies because just about everyone else is forgettable except Stewart but then he dies anyway.:slap

And the Miller series would be great. That was way before the character became mr. invincible.

Even though I'm excicited to see Jackman as Wolverine again, they can only to so many prequels. I mean Jackman already looks older now than he did in the first X-men and for a character that doesn't age very quickly, that is a problem. It would be great if they could somehow work this out as a sequel to the X-men films as well, and not a prequel to them.

This thread made me think about the first time I watched this on the X-Men DVD extras. I remember thinking, "Wow, someone saw some serious potential." Movie casting magic!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vmt8AZnKGxo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vmt8AZnKGxo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

X2 is one of the best comic movies ever, IMO. Wolverine slamming his claws through a man's chest is about as intense as it needs to get. All the blood and guts in the world won't make it cool. It's all about execution.

However, when doing the prequel, he shouldnt be the same Wolvie. He needs to be ferral, and a monster...as that stated hundreds of times in the X-series....

Wolverine was a tremendous waste of potential. I hope the next one does a better job.

wolverine was best in the first movie. He sort of turned into a wimp after that for some reason.

I didn't like origins but I thought it was fun. I wish he was as bloody and brutalized after his experiment then he was in the X2 flashbacks.

I'm happy I saw that trash when it got leaked. Plus it was really funny with all the effects out of the way. :lol

Back