The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Speaking with Vulture, Hugh Jackman confirms Darren Aronofskky as the new director of “Wolverine 2″ which will begin shooting early next year. Moreover, he jokes about how he’s preparing to bulk up for his mutant role by having “six meals a day” of “four chicken breasts and a whole pile of steamed broccoli.”

Additionally, Jackman assures fans that the “Wolverine” sequel will not be like your “usual X-Men movie: ‘This is, hopefully for me, going to be out of the box. It’s going to be the best one, I hope.’”

“This is Wolverine. This is not Popeye. He’s kind of dark,” Jackman adds. “But, you know, this is a change of pace. Chris McQuarrie, who wrote The Usual Suspects, has written the script, so that’ll give you a good clue. [Aronofsky’s] going to make it fantastic. There’s going to be some meat on the bones. There will be something to think about as you leave the theater, for sure.”

Last edited:
Re: Wolverine 2

They should take him to Japan and have him fight the Hand, etc. I just hope its not littered with x-amount of poorly concieved cameo characters thrown in like Origins was. He's a loner by character, go with it.

Last edited:

They should take him to Japan and have him fight the hand Hand, etc. I just hope its not littered with x-amount of poorly concieved cameo characters thrown in like Origins was. He's a loner by character, go with it.

:goodpost::lecture If they need to bring someone else in from the first movie bring Sabertooth back and that's it.

I enjoyed it as well, but you have to admit that it certainly doesn't meet the standards that are presently set for these types of movies. It was a mess overall, but does have some good parts to it.

Jackman loves the character and from all the supplemental material I watched from the first movie it seemed like he wanted to make a much more raw, visceral kind of movie. Hopefully with a quality director in place they can do something great.

Aronofsky? Weird. Makes me a bit more interested in the film, since the first one was pretty bad. At least this one should be a bit more ambitious and less of a superficial money grab.

Of course, the mini-series should be the starting point.

To be honest, I would've liked Aronofsky to have stuck with Superman (impossible though the circumstances at present make it) and have Zack Snyder take on Wolvie 2. That would have been a better fit for both respective films.

I'm so sad that Aronofsky is wasting his time with this.

:dunno

An odd choice for the director that's for sure, but who's to say he won't bring it to a whole other level? Not fair to judge this film based on the story that was told by an entirely different director.

An odd choice for the director that's for sure, but who's to say he won't bring it to a whole other level? Not fair to judge this film based on the story that was told by an entirely different director.

:goodpost:
Nice sig by the way. Hope the HT fig comes with the chair like GF did.

He is coming in on a sequal to a horrible movie that's already established the characters story. Unless he completely throws out everything from the first he has absolutely nothing to work with. I have all the faith in the world in Aronofsky but no one in the world has enough talent to correct or develop anything positive out of what's been established for this series. If this was the first film this would be amazing news now its just like asking a master chef to make gerber meatsticks taste like filet.

Back