The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

Screwed up in a comic sense or screwed up in the movies sense? While they did change the creation scene a bit from the trilogy flashbacks, it was close enough. The movie fits with the X-Men film series. I don't follow the comics so Deadpool didn't even bother me but I know that's a major dissappointment for those that follow the comics too.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a sequel, while parts of Origins were unpopular, certainly the story it setup at the very end with Logan first setting out on his own could make for a good movie, just ignore how Deadpool was handled, bring back Schreiber as Sabertooth if that character's to be in it and move forward with a better film.

The Wolverine is to Wolverine:Origins as to Spider-Man 2012 is to Spider-Man 2002.

Comic books reboot and retcon their backstories all the time. A new writer comes in and takes bits and pieces of stuff that he likes and tells his own version of the story. Comic book movies are going to be the same way.

In a movie sense. The X-2 flash back, or even X-1's doesnt match up with Wolverine. Not just in the tone, and the look...but it was shown that Wolvie took out more then 2 people. He needed to kill more. And dont forget the blood. That was a important part. When he first rips his claws out.

From the source link in my previous post, it reads that Aronofsky's Wolverine movie is a "one-off", but will still take place in Japan, so it at least keeps one plot thread from the otherwise de-canonized Origins: Wolverine (and the previous X movies and First Class too, I suppose).

I do. Because it still was insulting. But if they do that Deadpool movie, it wont matter because it totally pisses all over it. So that's good.

In a movie sense. The X-2 flash back, or even X-1's doesnt match up with Wolverine. Not just in the tone, and the look...but it was shown that Wolvie took out more then 2 people. He needed to kill more. And dont forget the blood. That was a important part. When he first rips his claws out.

Another thing. I think Singer was going for the 'no bone claws' from some dialogue said in X-Men 2.

Damn, Wolverine was such a cheesy crap movie.

What could have been... :slap

Hot Toys did an awesome figure though. :p

Jackman, Schreiber and the opening sequence were good IMO. Wish the story was different (grittier / darker) more adult themed but overall I found it enjoyable.

Opening sequence was rushed as hell. It was OK in the concept...but I didnt live up to what it could've been.

Opening sequence was rushed as hell. It was OK in the concept...but I didnt live up to what it could've been.

Totally agree the film didn't live up to its potential. All the backlash from the first film may inspire them to do better this time.

Director Darren Aronofsky revealed the title on Saturday for the new Wolverine movie starring Hugh Jackman. The movie, to be titled The Wolverine, will not be a sequel to the Gavin Hood-directed X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Aronofsky told HitFix that The Wolverine will be a "one-off," or standalone project. The script, written by Christopher McQuarrie, involves Logan beginning a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers.

^^^Cool, but I doubt it'll stick with that "one off" mentality if it makes a lot of money. I hope they just give us a flashback of the Weapon X stuff no need to see it again.

So does this means it's a "reboot" since it will not be a sequel. Kind of sad in a way, though it will be nice to have a better Wolverine movie, but a reboot so fast with same actor? Hollywood sucks.

Doesn't need to be a reboot. We know everything we ever wanted (and didn't want) to know about Wolverine's origin. As long as it doesn't cover that again, it's just another Wolverine movie.

Very true. Though I'm fine with Jackman playing Wolverine, and even if this one comes out to be a winner, it's become very tiring with all these reboots. Especially when the "original" was in 2009. They should at least give those who endure watching origins a voucher to watch the new as a "sorry we got it wrong before, hopefully we get it right this time around".

Back