The Will Smith slaps Chris Rock thread - plus Sam Jackson gets his Oscar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was disturbing that everyone went on with the show like nothing happened. Smith talking about being a vessel for love after winning the award… all very odd.
Agreed. Too bad the local police didn't come on stage and arrest Smith before he could receive his Oscar. They guy blatantly assaulted someone within their jurisdiction in front of literally millions of witnesses. Regardless if Rock was going to press charges there should be consequences for such an act.

Last edited:
I don't even know that it was in that poor taste. His "insult" was to compare her to a badass character that Demi Moore looked really good playing. :dunno

Jada could have owned it and been all "hell yeah that's me."
Tasteless or not, of all the jokes that have been made at these things (think Ricky Gervais), this was pretty light. And the fact that it still prompted Smith to "defend his wife's honor" in this way? After everything she's done to insult his? Oof. I pity the man. He's obviously in pain, but Rock isn't the one hurting him and I don't know if he realizes. Maybe part of him does and that's why he seems so mixed up these days.

Kudos to Rock for being the only one to act like an adult and maintain professionalism in that scene. The transition into his next bit was awkward, sure, but how could it not have been? He was just as dumbfounded as the rest of us.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Best Twitter/Oscar cinematic cheer moment results:

• 5. The Matrix (1999) - Neo Dodging the Bullets
  • 4. Dreamgirls (2006) - Effie White Singing "I’m Telling You"
  • 3. Avengers: Endgame (2019) - Avengers Assemble to Fight Thanos
  • 2. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) - Three Spider-Men Team Up
  • 1. Zack Snyder's Justice League(2021) - The Flash Enters Speed Force
Of course the Snyder cult thinks this is a huge win. I can’t believe Snyder of all people gained a fanatic cult of weirdos.

Tasteless or not, of all the jokes that have been made at these things (think Ricky Gervais), this was pretty light. And the fact that it still prompted Smith to "defend his wife's honor" in this way? After everything she's done to insult his? Oof. I pity the man. He's obviously in pain, but Rock isn't the one hurting him and I don't know if he realizes. Maybe part of him does and that's why he seems so mixed up these days.

Kudos to Rock for being the only one to act like an adult and maintain professionalism in that scene. The transition into his next bit was awkward, sure, but how could it not have been? He was just as dumbfounded as the rest of us.
I don't pity Will at all as he's the one who accepts and stays in the situation. He acted like a little *****.

Agreed. Too bad the local police didn't come on stage and arrest Smith before he could receive his Oscar. They guy blatantly assaulted someone within their jurisdiction in front of literally millions of witnesses. Regardless if Rock was going to press charges there should be consequences for such an act.
Cringe.

Lifetime of saying "That stupid mother..."... bravo!

You can't say that.gif

It looks to me like Will Smith slapped him, rather than punch him. Not that it makes it much better but a slap is not going to knock a man down but it's going to get the point across - I think that was Smith showing some restraint. That comment from Chris Rock was in very poor taste, if someone has a condition / health issue it should not be the subject of ridicule in this day and age. The Oscars themselves and the people in the room should provide more than enough material for a comedian just from their egos, hypocritical practices and their preaching to the unwashed masses on how they should be living their lives. Take a shot at someone's movie or their performance in it but not a physical ailment.

Violence should not be the answer but I think this will do more for Will Smith than Chris Rock in the long run. More people can relate to the man defending his wife than the guy publicly bullying her for cheap laughs. I don't think tinsel town will be cool with Smith for this but Joe public will and hey it managed to get people talking about the Oscars again. I'm gonna be tuning in next year to see who Smith slaps next.

Before the Oscars started Sean Pean called them out if they were not gonna support Ukraine and have Zalensky on so my guess is this whole thing was a set up because nobody’s talking about Ukraine everybody’s talking about the slap, good strategic move Oscars lol

Who the hell wants to talk about Dune anyways lol

Speaking of drama, I just noticed Matticus is banned?!?!

I don't like celebrities so I've no dog in this fight but after the public cucking Smith's wife put him through, him slapping another man for a GI Jane joke comes off as incredibly hypocritical and as an attempt to show off to woman who has zero respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back