The value of life.... My mother...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been notified this afternoon that my moms health has deteriorated. They had removed early colon cancer found almost a week ago. We had surgery to remove it. She was getting better until she started to walk & eat a few days later. She contracted sepsis. We found out she had an infection after the surgery. We immediately did a second surgery to repair the damage. But she had not improved. It has gotten worst. We where giving 2 choices today (1) to keep her alive as long as she could (2) or end it. We wanted 'hope' that she can come out of it.

I spoke to the nurse tonight and ask her what is the chances of her coming out of it. Unfortunately, there is no hope. Her body is not responding to any medication given. Her fingers are turning black.

I can't express how sorry I am for me not spending enough time with her over the past few years. It is my regret that I never got married or her seeing me with any kids. I can't say anything else but to say I love her so much....and I know I only have a few days left with her.

There is a lot of I wish that I could had done with my mother. I know she will be in a better place with my dad. I wish I could had been there to see her 70th birthday.

As I sit here in the hospital writing this, live life to the fullest. I just wish I could had spend more time with her.

I love you mom.....

~ Jason

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear this jason.....hang in there.

Last edited:
I have been notified this afternoon that my moms health has deteriorated. They had removed early colon cancer found almost a week ago. We had surgery to remove it. She was getting better until she started to walk & eat a few days later. She contracted sepsis. We found out she had an infection after the surgery. We immediately did a second surgery to repair the damage. But she had not improved. It has gotten worst. We where giving 2 choices today (1) to keep her alive as long as she could (2) or end it. We wanted 'hope' that she can come out of it.

I spoke to the nurse tonight and ask her what is the chances of her coming out of it. Unfortunately, there is no hope. Her body is not responding to any medication given. Her fingers are turning black.

I can't express how sorry I am for me not spending enough time with her over the past few years. It is my regret that I never got married or her seeing me with any kids. I can't say anything else but to say I love her so much....and I know I only have a few days left with her.

There is a lot of I wish that I could had done with my mother. I know she will be in a better place with my dad. I wish I could had been there to see her 70th birthday.

As I sit here in the hospital writing this, live life to the fullest. I just wish I could had spend more time with her.

I love you mom.....

~ Jason

I am deeply sorry for you, man and I can REALLY relate.

Yesterday my mother has been diagnosed with her 5th cerebral tumor and they´re going to ray it with a gamma knife, cause operating on it might have a too big of a risk.

I wish you and your mother that all will end painless, whatever that means.

Love, respect and understanding from germany, mate.
:1-1:

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I wish you all the best in this difficult time.

Last edited:
My dad has colon cancer as well as lung, liver, and brain. So when I hear someone has a mother going through this, I get it and feel what you're feeling. Just hang in there bud. I hope for the best when it comes to your mother. *sending out hugs*

Lost mum a few years ago to bowel cancer (69), like you I regret not spending more time with her those last years
Feel your pain amigo
Mums are forever

Our thoughts are with you Jason.
Life is so precious, saying goodbye is so hard to do
Take care of yourself and be strong

Alex

That is rough. I hate hearing about other people going through the realities of life, but stay strong through it and love eachother.

Back