The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figure I'll have mine by this Christmas. :lol Only a year after it was supposed to ship.

I waited till almost the last day to back it, so if they go by that I'm waaaaay down on the list. :(

Oh yeah that long email of his was bat **** crazy lol

How he tried to do the kickstarter outside of the easy MacFarlane corporation channels and how it bit him in the ass because they treated him as a brand new vendor blah blah blah :slap

Oh yeah that long email of his was bat **** crazy lol

How he tried to do the kickstarter outside of the easy MacFarlane corporation channels and how it bit him in the ass because they treated him as a brand new vendor blah blah blah :slap

Ikr, we know Todd is an oddball already but he is doing the complete opposite of what he?s trying to accomplish. Someone has put in his mind that if he updates us on the status of the delays then it looks like he?s done his job at releasing the product on time and it?s just a shipping issue. From my perspective, that?s all in good, however, if you keep giving the same BS ( especially in an over long message ) it makes me think he?s not doing his job and he is just making excuse after long winded excuse about the same topic .

I?d rather he just inform us skipping all the shipping dock knowledge and just say when he officially knows ... ? the docks have been straightened out and when our shippers ( ie FedEx or UPS ) get orders ready ..we will start to send you the tracking information..but until then, that?s what?s going on and until then if you haven?t heard from me..that means your order is not ready to ship yet ?.

That?s all he needs to do IMO :slap

Actually truth be told i’m happy that he openly divulged all of this unknown information because had I originally known that he was doing this as an outside vendor and not through his Mcfarlane toy corporation I probably would have hesitated on making the purchase so now I know going forward although I doubt he will make the same mistake twice.

I automatically assumed that my purchase regardless if through kick starter was being handled by his Mcfarlane toy company and not by some offshoot subsidiary that he uses for other items

Weird

I guess he was trying to keep his financial records separate but yeah he lost all of his buying and shipping power that comes with the Mcfarlane toy brand

What a dumb ass thing to do as far as customer service is concerned :slap

Actually truth be told i’m happy that he openly divulged all of this unknown information because had I originally known that he was doing this as an outside vendor and not through his Mcfarlane toy corporation I probably would have hesitated on making the purchase so now I know going forward although I doubt he will make the same mistake twice.

I automatically assumed that my purchase regardless if through kick starter was being handled by his Mcfarlane toy company and not by some offshoot subsidiary that he uses for other items

Weird

I guess he was trying to keep his financial records separate but yeah he lost all of his buying and shipping power that comes with the Mcfarlane toy brand

What a dumb ass thing to do as far as customer service is concerned :slap

Interesting..I actually never thought he would tie it to his toy brand ..not one bit. I knew that distribution is licensed through Hasbro with a contract he had. I always believed the KS project was his own private project which by choice , looked like he wanted Hasbro to have no connection to it. Otherwise, he would’ve made it part of his multiverse line.

In other words, since he didn’t tie it to Hasbro or any other huge toy distributor, he wouldn’t have the same resources to use , so naturally it makes sense he had to take the route he is doing with a outside vendor.

His experiment sucks lol

Well he’s not stupid..if he attempts to continue with future KS projects or lines that aren’t tied to Hasbro..I think he knows now what channels to go through to get them shipped out correctly, then again..maybe not :rotfl

I have to admit ..it does come across that he ( in his own way) seems like he feels guilty for taking the money from those of us that supported his KS project in advance before the order was ready to ship out. At least that’s the underlying tone I see in his updates.

Yup I think purely from a businessman standpoint I think he is worried about what impact this will have on future KS endeavors

Naught naughty Todd

I still love him he is still one of us man child lol

Interesting..I actually never thought he would tie it to his toy brand

I was the complete opposite. Somehow I imagined this was a McFarlane Toys venture, but he was avoiding retail. Simple as that. Is that not actually an option without some level of red tape?

Moot point now, since what he ended up doing clearly turned out to be a bigger pain.

I think I got a tracking number. It from CA and from a generic shipping service. This would be the only thing that I would think fits that criteria.

No tracking info for me yet, pledged for a 3 pack, destination AZ. My backer number was in the high 9k range, not sure if that matters?!

Well I got tracking was supposed to receive yesterday, looked into it, FedEx is either not updated or just slow but according to tracking they haven't even received the box yet and there is no history

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Any excitement I had on this whole thing has long sputtered out.
I will be selling my 5-pack in the summer once I get it in-hand.

This is why I am not a fan of Kickstarter things... too many variables and money
tied up for to end up just playing the waiting game.

From all the reviews I’ve seen so far .and there at least 7 or more on YouTube .all them say and demo the cape isn’t removable, after Todd kept telling us it would be :gah:

Todd why you keep lying to us

Oh well

Back