The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to see this in hand but I agree with many who feel spent on this project. I'll probably sell the two pack but that's if It doesn't win me over straight of the box.

Yeah the whole thing of him selling this in an unorthodox manner trying to save some money only ended up blowing up in his face and also soured most of my enthusiasm

I’ll keep what I bought but damn Todd 4-5 months after the promised date is really damn lame

Yeah the whole thing of him selling this in an unorthodox manner trying to save some money only ended up blowing up in his face and also soured most of my enthusiasm

I’ll keep what I bought but damn Todd 4-5 months after the promised date is really damn lame

This is why I don't like PO'ing anything anymore. By the time you get it (which is like a year + for so many collectibles now) my enthusiasm has diminished considerably.

This was my 1st kick starter, and maybe my last.

I don?t like preordering anything if I don?t have to although these days it?s probably the best way to save money on these items.

What I will say though is that I agree Todd handled this poorly even though there were a lot of things beyond his control.

It?s probably been one of the more annoying waits I?ve ever had and the irony is it?s because Todd over communicated and promised a date that passed. Think about the nonsense delays with this hot toys ****. You have no idea when it if it will come out and then one day a year later out of no where there it is. So this shouldn?t be as harshly criticized except hot toys doesn?t communicate at all so no ones waiting around for it because they have no idea when it?s going to drop.

What I don?t get though is how someone can say that their enthusiasm had diminished for something because of a wait. To me that says it?s not something you wanted anyways and bought into some kind of hype.

What?s going to happen when you finally get them? Probably an initial rush of excitement fun opening them and setting them up. Then a few days to a week of that new toy novelty. Then In a week it?s just another thing on your shelf, it won?t give you the same feeling. You?ll probably like it but it will never be like that first day you opened it ever again... and you?ll be impatiently waiting for the next thing.

Sometimes prolonging things is needed to truly appreciate them.

Well that is why ultimately I will keep and not sell what I bought because at the end of the day I love my Spawn collection and I am still looking forward to adding this very unique and somewhat limited piece to it.

He already said he learned his lesson and that future KS events will be handled differently so I trust his word enough that if he puts up something else I want I will still consider doing it all over again these are inexpensive toys afterall relatively speaking.

But c’mon now Todd knew very well that covid was A THING that was having great negative impact on commerce yet he still went ahead and tried this new experiment of his which was pretty dumb for someone who presents himself at being super business savvy

What outcome was he expecting other than it blowing up in his face actually cutting into his profits more than had he done it the more traditional method which he now fully admits.

Whatever it’s over and done with no great impact on my life other than a few additional posts on a toy forum now bring on updated Violator lol

It still a good deal for the price. I don't mind the wait, as long as I get it....eventually. I wouldn't say this kickstarter experiment was a failure. He'll learn from it and hopefully we get a good Clown figure.

Got a notification from Fedex I don't know if it's for spawn but I'll find out on 8th.

Your boat is still at the Chinese port but it first has to stop in North Korea to drop off some plutonium, opioids and artist proof Spawns THEN it will ship to the US at 55mph lol

Yup I just got it TODAY. Didn't think Fedex delivered on Sunday and just before I go to work too. Idk if I should open it or sell it. Lol

:lol :lol

If you only bought one then yeah keep it it is special even if only a $40 figure but if you bought multiple then hell yeah sell that **** especially because it?s a $40 figure with a huge return!

That Spawn action figure will buy you a Hot Toys figure

:lol :lol

If you only bought one then yeah keep it it is special even if only a $40 figure but if you bought multiple then hell yeah sell that **** especially because it?s a $40 figure with a huge return!

That Spawn action figure will buy you a Hot Toys figure
I saw the ebay prices WTF. Lmao I think they are great in hand opened them up but sadly I don't have the space so I might sell them although I also want to store them properly and display them later when I have cleaned up my collection. but thankfully the boxes are easy to open and can place them back in with ease. I actually don't know where to sell them apart from here (ebay always wants a cut of your money) but I guess I'll wait a bit before I do and if I sell them it won't be $300 +. Lol

Back