The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to take walks with my kids. They get me out there and then Im glad I did. Its not the hard core work out that most of you guys do but at least Im getting off my ^^^ :lol

Anyone with an iPhone or an iPod touch needs this app (FitNow): https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297368629&mt=8

It's free and tracks *tons* of stats regarding calorie intake, exercise, etc. There is even a category for "sexual activity" with intensity options ranging from "Passive, light, kissing" to "General, moderate" to "Active, vigorous" :naughty

I've used this for about a day and already find in indispensable as a tool to not only watch what I eat, but also encourage exercise (when you see the calorie intake to calories burned ratio). Who knows? I might even improve the relationship you have with your significant other. :naughty :peace

Last edited:
Speaking of phone apps, if anybody has an Android-OS phone, you really should check out MyTracks. It uses the GPS chips in the phone to plot the course you just covered (running, biking, hiking, walking). I will give you some stats like how far you went, how long it took, max/average speed, elevation gained/lost. There's also an option to post it to Google Maps.

Ok. Today is the start of my diet/exercise regimen.

I am tired of this guy:
fat_elvis.jpg

I want to get back to being this guy:
elvisinblue0id.jpg

sylvesterstallonecopland.jpg

I've been the right, I'm aiming somewhat for the left, not as extreme, don't want nasty veins popping out all over the place, just tight and defined.

I finally got back to it yesterday, went for a 2 mile fast walk and will slowly work back into jogging. Once I get used to that and drop a few pounds I'll hit the weights, I don't want to gain more mass, I want to lose weight and tone. I'm dedicated to this, Bannister is my hero and inspiration. :D

I went for an outdoor run on Sunday, worked different muscles than the treadmill, I'm going to stick with the treadmill though, consistency is important for me and I want to keep with the rhythm and pace I'm setting with that.

I've switched up my schedule though, I'm pushing hard with the running now, I can do it, but not 4 days straight like I was, so still doing 4 days a week but going every other now.

I don't care if I'm super ripped when it's over, I just want to have good muscle definition and just look healthy.

I figure another 10-15lbs burnt and I'll start working on my abs, arms and chest.

I downloaded this App for my phone and I've been using it since Monday. It is such a great tool to have, it really helps you keep an eye on what you eat and track your exercise and weight loss, I love it. Now I just need to buy a damn scale! :D

Anyone with an iPhone or an iPod touch needs this app (FitNow): https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297368629&mt=8

It's free and tracks *tons* of stats regarding calorie intake, exercise, etc. There is even a category for "sexual activity" with intensity options ranging from "Passive, light, kissing" to "General, moderate" to "Active, vigorous" :naughty

I've used this for about a day and already find in indispensable as a tool to not only watch what I eat, but also encourage exercise (when you see the calorie intake to calories burned ratio). Who knows? I might even improve the relationship you have with your significant other. :naughty :peace

I downloaded this App for my phone and I've been using it since Monday. It is such a great tool to have, it really helps you keep an eye on what you eat and track your exercise and weight loss, I love it. Now I just need to buy a damn scale! :D

Someone showed me that on their iphone a couple weeks ago. Thanks for the link Kabukiman.

Someone showed me that on their iphone a couple weeks ago. Thanks for the link Kabukiman.

Glad I could help! :peace

And sorry, Pix, it won't work within iTunes. However, I think there are some web sites that will help you perform the same function. https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=online+calorie+tracker&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

The benefit of having it on an iPhone or iPod Touch is that it is always with you and you don't have to wait until you get in front of your computer to see where are calorie-wise.

In other news, I hurt my foot really bad (though I don't know how) and haven't been able to run for 4 days, and I don't think it will get better any time soon. I think I pushed myself too hard and ran outside 4 days in a row. I'm told beginners should never run consecutive days. Chalk it up to a leson learned. :sick

I think depending on your pace, days in a row isn't a good thing, that's why I've switched my routine, still 4 days a week but now every other. I also bought some knee braces and they help out a lot, it's like some of my knee irritation was because I wasn't moving properly or something, the braces help though.

I think it's time for some weight training... :rock

What do you guys do? Gym membership? Workout at home? I don't have a lot of space for equipment so I'm thinking of a gym membership. Is there any equipment that's effective that doesn't take up a lot of space?

I think it's time for some weight training... :rock

What do you guys do? Gym membership? Workout at home? I don't have a lot of space for equipment so I'm thinking of a gym membership. Is there any equipment that's effective that doesn't take up a lot of space?

Well I just workout at home, I can't stand ppl watching me as Im working out, that's just me tho...

Plus Im more comfortable working out at home, no distractions, just time by myself and I can just have all my focus on what Im doing...but I have all my equipment on my back porch, my work bench, with a lat pull down station, so nothing high tech or anything, just enough for my needs..I also have a set of dumbells and a EZ curl bar...

If space is an issue for you, then I heard a Bowflex is good...Ive been thinking about getting one myself down the line, just not sure how good of a resistance workout it will give me as Im used to using weights..

Last edited:
ughhh...I hate going to the gym!..tried it for almost three years and gained only 2 pounds of muscles!...I quit and now I'm back to 120 lbs.!...trust me, it's not worth it!...I think the only good thing that came out from it was that it improved and sent my endurance to devastating levels!...try bowflex, but I heard gruesome stories from people who bought them so I don't know......if I were you, just buy a bicycle!...it's fun and and good for your health!...:peace

Back