The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what they look like

IMG_8106.JPG

Why does his chest have a b*ner?

Strong lift BTW!

Wow, just found this section.

I've been doing 5x5 for 3 months now and it's been a hard road. Still can't progress with the shoulder press, though. Stuck at 80 pounds. :(

Wow, just found this section.

I've been doing 5x5 for 3 months now and it's been a hard road. Still can't progress with the shoulder press, though. Stuck at 80 pounds. :(

Standing Military Press or seated?

Either way, overhead lifts use a lot of triceps and upper back.

For Triceps, I love Incline close grips (index touching smooth on bar). I normally do 2-3 sets of 8 reps. I also suggest adding some skull crushers with an EZbar as accessory work. 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps. Do them on an incline bench. When you hit 3 sets of 10, up the weight.

On all pressing (and tricep work), squeeze the bar as hard as possible. It will help stabilize the wrist and forearms and help achieve greater activation of the triceps.

I'd also ensure you are adding barbell shrugs (go heavy on these, traps are very strong muscles), pull-ups and rows of any kind to strengthen the upper back.

Mix up the routine too. Work up to a heavy single once in awhile to gauge where your strength is at. Sometimes do a drop set of 10-12 reps.

Always end with some rotator cuff and posterior delt work. Healthy shoulders go a long way.

Well, went for a personal record today for 550lbs for 4 reps on squat and my leather weight belt snapped.

I thought I lost a rib or something! :p

IMAG0364_zps8acd787a.jpg

It's a Jay Cutler Shiek belt, what a POS.

Sadi, you got a recommendation on a Ski proof belt, I'm staying pretty and lifting massive? :D

Price is no option!

Ski

Last edited:
Bought a new Shiek snap lever leather suede belt, this last belt lasted a good while so it really wasn't a POS, I just need to retire it.

Ski

Well, went for a personal record today for 550lbs for 4 reps on squat and my leather weight belt snapped.

I thought I lost a rib or something! :p

IMAG0364_zps8acd787a.jpg

It's a Jay Cutler Shiek belt, what a POS.

Sadi, you got a recommendation on a Ski proof belt, I'm staying pretty and lifting massive? :D

Price is no option!

Ski

Get yourself a proper powerlifting belt. Congrats on the new PR

That vid was total class. Made his point w/o being a jerk. I find the most insecure people have the biggest mouths. If Ian had 20lbs more mass he would not get so much crap though he does sound like a 12yr old trying to tell a pilot how to fly.

Today: ATG olympic style squats, ATG Front squats, goodmornings, band abs, weighted situps and planks.

Tomorrow:Strongman events with my friends. Log clean and press, atlas stones and deficit barbell deadlifts

Love it.

Gonna have to do a deload week soon though. My CNS is starting to feel fried.

Standing Military Press or seated?

Either way, overhead lifts use a lot of triceps and upper back.

For Triceps, I love Incline close grips (index touching smooth on bar). I normally do 2-3 sets of 8 reps. I also suggest adding some skull crushers with an EZbar as accessory work. 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps. Do them on an incline bench. When you hit 3 sets of 10, up the weight.

On all pressing (and tricep work), squeeze the bar as hard as possible. It will help stabilize the wrist and forearms and help achieve greater activation of the triceps.

I'd also ensure you are adding barbell shrugs (go heavy on these, traps are very strong muscles), pull-ups and rows of any kind to strengthen the upper back.

Mix up the routine too. Work up to a heavy single once in awhile to gauge where your strength is at. Sometimes do a drop set of 10-12 reps.

Always end with some rotator cuff and posterior delt work. Healthy shoulders go a long way.

Standing. Yeah I used to do loads of barbell shrugs, then I stopped when I found the Stronglifts routine. Just sticking to beating PRs at this point.

I'll definitely research into the rotator cuff and posterior delt work, atm I have only been doing shoulder dislocations occasionally..

Standing. Yeah I used to do loads of barbell shrugs, then I stopped when I found the Stronglifts routine. Just sticking to beating PRs at this point.

I'll definitely research into the rotator cuff and posterior delt work, atm I have only been doing shoulder dislocations occasionally..

Try some push pressing too. It will help you push more weight and that can help break your plateau.

Try some push pressing too. It will help you push more weight and that can help break your plateau.

Yeah, that's my problem. I've been push pressing with the standard overhead.:lol Not deliberately, of course. That's what I've been trying to fix. I just recently deloaded back down to 70 pounds so we'll see how it goes before I start push pressing again.

Just tried some stretching and it really did help with my squats. Press day is in two days, and I'll try stretching again tomorrow. Thanks for the tips.:peace

Thanks Ski-just spent 5min looking at a video and now want a burrito.:)

Back