THE RITUAL - Netflix movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld54

Super Freak
Reaction score
Really creepy and effective horror film from Netflix, it's in the same vein as Blair Witch but so much better.

Just finished it.

Damn. Quite an interesting film. I have a number of questions that went unanswered, but that was so worth the watch.

Spoiler: it turns out to be Liam Neeson in a bear suit, messing with soft Brits.

"Beware the Scot" was the working title.

I know you're joking but some people will believe you.

hezYEgU.gif

Thought it was great. So Netflix has killed with their recent original movies. This and Colverfield Paradox were awesome gems. Also the new Alter Carbon series incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny, I was watching Altered Carbon last night, and tried, but it felt like a by the numbers ABC drama with a general idea heavily derivative of Blade Runner and a score of other sci-fi movies/shows of the past. I guess I'm on the anti-Netflix train!

Spoiler: it turns out to be Liam Neeson in a bear suit, messing with soft Brits.

"Beware the Scot" was the working title.
You're thinking of Dog Soldiers. Terrible, terrible movie.

It's funny, I was watching Altered Carbon last night, and tried, but it felt like a by the numbers ABC drama with a general idea heavily derivative of Blade Runner and a score of other sci-fi movies/shows of the past. I guess I'm on the anti-Netflix train!

You're thinking of Dog Soldiers. Terrible, terrible movie.

Dog Soldiers is great, my favorite werewolf movie.

I am not on the Carbon train either. I thought it had some cool ideas but the story was not engaging me and Joel Kinnaman is a charisma vacuum. I liked him better on The Killing.

Not terrible but not for me.

I am not on the Carbon train either. I thought it had some cool ideas but the story was not engaging me and Joel Kinnaman is a charisma vacuum. I liked him better on The Killing.

Not terrible but not for me.
The dialogue and acting/direction is not good. So cliche'd and predictable. I agree with you on Kinnaman. Good choice for Robocop.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thought it was great. So Netflix has killed with their recent original movies. This and Colverfield Paradox were awesome gems. Also the new Alter Carbon series incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:yuck:yuck:yuck:yuck:yuck

Started out nice. Perfect creepy atmosphere. But turned into a Wickerman rehash.

It's funny, I was watching Altered Carbon last night, and tried, but it felt like a by the numbers ABC drama with a general idea heavily derivative of Blade Runner and a score of other sci-fi movies/shows of the past. I guess I'm on the anti-Netflix train.

Spot on. First episode was ok, but didn't hook. I'll watch the second episode and see.

Back