THE RITUAL - Netflix movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt like the only thing really lacking in this film was that I didn't give 2 ****s about any of the human characters. They could've taken an extra 30 minutes to go more in depth about things like the marks on the chests, and where some of those worshippers came from too. Overall, is was pretty good though.

I didn't like it. I thought i was going to love it but I didnt like it. too many jump scares

too many jump scares and too many dumb dream sequences. YEAH I GET IT.... he feels bad.... I GET IT movie.... they didnt have to hit you over the head with it... ONE dream sequence was enough.
I really hate them for doing that.... "OH HE FEELS GUILTY GUYS" no movie.... it didnt have to be shown so much...

There were a lot of missed opportunities for real scares that were wasted on jump scares and fake scares. it was jump scare after jump scare after jump scare

Also I agree they were all unlikable. when the guy with the glasses gets taken I felt nothing because I hated him.

The movie had a great concept and I did like the ending with the weird woods people, I loved all the symbols in the trees and i loved the creepy things they found, but the jump scares, the dream sequences and the lack of real horror till the end of the movie ruined it for me. the creature was cool but I lost my interest by the time it showed up

Last edited:
Damn, I really want to watch this but don't know what's up Netflix ass lately regarding international streaming of its originals. Things like this and Mudbound are nowhere to be found but turds like MUTE are readily available. Go figure.

Damn, I really want to watch this but don't know what's up Netflix ass lately regarding international streaming of its originals. Things like this and Mudbound are nowhere to be found but turds like MUTE are readily available. Go figure.

:lol:lol:lol

Is the monster at least cool in this? Me like monsters.

VERY cool. very very nice, creepy, really big. It is just a shame it gets very little time in the movie. The movie had a GREAT story that gets drowned by dream sequences and jump scares. but the monster was worth watching once.

I'm not sure that I feel the "monster" is cool. I would say it's very unique and nothing similar that has been seen before to my knowledge. Throughout the movie, I had this image in my head of what I thought it would look like, and I didn't even come close, so they did a good job hiding that for most of the movie. There are lots of creepy elements, but it would've been better with more of the woods people in it longer and building up likeable characters. I agree that it could've been so much better now that I think about it.

I didn't like it. I thought i was going to love it but I didnt like it. too many jump scares

too many jump scares and too many dumb dream sequences. YEAH I GET IT.... he feels bad.... I GET IT movie.... they didnt have to hit you over the head with it... ONE dream sequence was enough.
I really hate them for doing that.... "OH HE FEELS GUILTY GUYS" no movie.... it didnt have to be shown so much...

There were a lot of missed opportunities for real scares that were wasted on jump scares and fake scares. it was jump scare after jump scare after jump scare

Also I agree they were all unlikable. when the guy with the glasses gets taken I felt nothing because I hated him.

The movie had a great concept and I did like the ending with the weird woods people, I loved all the symbols in the trees and i loved the creepy things they found, but the jump scares, the dream sequences and the lack of real horror till the end of the movie ruined it for me. the creature was cool but I lost my interest by the time it showed up

I thought it was OK... Not in love with the final act.. Monster was interesting but dumb looking at the same time.. The whole Cult thing took me out of it a bit also.. Liked it better when it was a Bump in the woods type film.

Still worth a watch though IMO.

But I agree about the dreams.. Way too many.

I'm not sure that I feel the "monster" is cool. I would say it's very unique and nothing similar that has been seen before to my knowledge. Throughout the movie, I had this image in my head of what I thought it would look like, and I didn't even come close, so they did a good job hiding that for most of the movie. There are lots of creepy elements, but it would've been better with more of the woods people in it longer and building up likeable characters. I agree that it could've been so much better now that I think about it.

what did you wanted it to look like?

what did you wanted it to look like?

it's not really that I wanted it to look a certain way, but I just pictured a demon with big horns and hooves kind of similar to a Balrog from LOTR or like that demon from the last Thor movie, but even scarier. Wasn't even close lol.

I kinda expected a creature made of branches that would have a human body and goat head, kinda like the statue they find.
The creature was cool but what you describe would be cooler.

It was a good movie. Thumbs up although agree, better when just a monster without followers.

I kinda expected a creature made of branches that would have a human body and goat head, kinda like the statue they find.
The creature was cool but what you describe would be cooler.

that's also a interesting perspective. I could imagine something like that as well. Until we got a glimpse of the silhouette and the sound of the thing, I really expected this film to be more similar to the Blair Witch project.

I know the Witch movie doesnt have a monster, but I prefer the witch 100 times over this movie. I was talking about the witch on the blade runner thread and I realized just how effective that movie is at using the environment to set a sense of paranoia and dread. How the darkness of night in that movie feels scary and suspenseful.
I kinda wish this was like that a little bit more. The characters arguing and screaming at each other in this movie didn't help either. i got really really annoyed by them

the ending was stupid. stupid monster/god deviated from its character in the end, what gives?

i am groot, the movie.

Back