The Princess Leia Preorder Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be ordering the Princess Leia 12" figure

• Yes, I will be getting the exclusive

Votes: 78 60.9%
  • Yes, I will just wait for the regular, I dont need the cuffs

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • No, I dont want her.

Votes: 32 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have a problem with anything they've sculpted. It's the OUTFITS. Costumes. I think I'm the only one who cares about that. It is one of the reasons I got into the 12" line. To have an accurate costume along with an accurate likness (no trouble there), and poseablity (not so good).

The liknesses have been pretty good, some more than others, but they're sculpted too big. The body is pretty bad, no good range of movement and it doesn't look natural, more like a twing or like they have a lightsaber up their butt. And the hemming and tailoring sucks on the clothes. Look at their cloaks. The use a half cyrcle pattern when they should be using one that sort of looks like Pac-Man. That's why they look so akward and crease at the armpit area and that's why you can't drap it around front very well. It's NOT because of scale either.

Like someone said it's the obvious things. It's not even adding anything more that they don't have already, it's more like subtracting, and it's more
like doing it right. It's not anything complicated or asking for too much.

If you like them just the way they are that's fine, but if they could be made better wheather or not you think they could, would you take it?
SSC has the Star Wars 12" licence and if I didn't think they could do better, I wouldn't bother. Maybe they don't. I guess I should stop bothering.

madden821 said:
I hope I get one too.
Im sure we will its just irrational fear of not getting one. Everytime I have been at a computer when a preorder has went up I have got one so I have no doubt that this will be the case.

is the edition size of 1977 the combined edition size for the excl. and regular?

TOE said:
is the edition size of 1977 the combined edition size for the excl. and regular?

Most likely just the Exclusive, that's always the low one, plus I could be wrong, but I think the regular editions aren't announced for weeks after preorder.

artbuck_no.jpg

Irish, I agree with you on the bodies, but if you're trying to rally people to not get Leia because of the body, I can't pass on it, sure it might be even better with another body, but I also like it as is and don't want to miss out on the opportunity, this is the only iconic ANH version of Leia we'll get in this scale from Sideshow, so I'm going to take it as is.

No but this is as good an example as any to campaign for a new generation (shameless plug) Sideshow body, especially for 1:6 femaile figures.

dekadentdave said:
No but this is as good an example as any to campaign for a new generation (shameless plug) Sideshow body, especially for 1:6 femaile figures.

Precisely. I'm ordering Leia too, but I am going to continue to demand that Sideshow introduce their new base bodies and hopefully BEFORE this one is mass produced.

For chrissakes, the Bucks are so limited in articulation and so unnatural looking. They truly hold back most of Sideshow's figures. They've gotten away with it (mostly) with this line so far because most of the characters have been heavily clothed and robed. But that changes soon. And I for one don't care to sit idly by and watch them get 30-50 friggin figures into this line before they do something about these crappy bodies.

artbuck_no.jpg

Replaced my Han Solo Buck with a Hot Toys NGL body and it instantly improved the figure by 50%. The other 50% will come from a decent repaint which should be rectified soon.

MaulFan said:
this is the only iconic ANH version of Leia we'll get in this scale from Sideshow, so I'm going to take it as is.

I already know what characters and different versions of those characters I feel like I should have. I didn't plan on ever getting the Yavin Ceremony Luke but I also think the sculpt there is very much lacking. So I'm beginning to prepare myself for the fact that more and more of the characters I want won't come out to my satisfaction and that maybe I could really deal with having a bit of a scattered collection. Like I'll just get another version of Leia instead of this version. It'll kinda suck but it's worse to feel ripped off

Back