The PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The all new PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

normal_pbluray598-6.jpg

Just got this in today :yess:

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

The Predator from the first film is definitely my favorite. The design, the mannerisms... I could go on for paragraphs about how awesome it is, and what a piece of art it is on-screen, thanks to Kevin Peter Hall, Stan Winston, and the other amazing artists who worked on the creature. But I won't, because If your reading this thread, I'm sure you know all of the reasons why.

One strange thing I have always thought about; is that the first predator's mask, when viewed at the right angle and lighting, looks very similar to the "Grey" alien's head. Big black eyes, large rounded "skull", no visible mouth, gray coloration. Obviously the stature and dreads make it so it wouldn't be mistaken for a 4 foot tall scrawny entity. But in the dark, a crouched Pred with just the mask partially visible could be the origin of "Grey" alien visitation stories in the Predator universe. Except they got it wrong, and it's not little guys who want to probe us, it's big guys who want to hunt us.

The Predator from the first film is definitely my favorite. The design, the mannerisms... I could go on for paragraphs about how awesome it is, and what a piece of art it is on-screen, thanks to Kevin Peter Hall, Stan Winston, and the other amazing artists who worked on the creature. But I won't, because If your reading this thread, I'm sure you know all of the reasons why.

Here, here!:clap

Wonky PERS in that pic! :monkey3

Strange.:dunno

Back