The PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be great to see but the budget needed to create something that looks like that for 90mins plus would be huge.:horror

yeah i know it will probably never happen but i'd be awesome, that and having no human characters in the movie would be great too. :lol

Falconer and Hanzo rules!!!!!! :)

IMAG0155.jpg

I would love to see a Predator homeworld movie, but it would be the equivalent to Prometheus and we would need some more regular Predator movies first..

What I mean is, the Alien franchise had enough movies and was ready for the big one..the most incredible movie, the one we've all been waiting for..Prometheus.

I feel like showing off the Predator homeworld would be the equivalent to that, and the franchise is not ready.

It would be great to see but the budget needed to create something that looks like that for 90mins plus would be huge.:horror
Would it be that expensive? I don't know, I wouldn't want it to be like Avatar, I wonder if it would really be that expensive, or if they could do like Predators film in the Jungle and add CGI temples and stuff to make it more predator world, while filming in location somewhere
:dunno I dunno....
I would love to see a Predator homeworld movie, but it would be the equivalent to Prometheus and we would need some more regular Predator movies first..

What I mean is, the Alien franchise had enough movies and was ready for the big one..the most incredible movie, the one we've all been waiting for..Prometheus.

I feel like showing off the Predator homeworld would be the equivalent to that, and the franchise is not ready.

We would be lucky if we get another predator movie if that.
I hate Fox and I truly hate the people that have the Predator franchise because is one of the worst treated franchise ever in my opinion, There is so much freaking merchandise of predator, people love Predator, You would think they would want to do more with Predator,
i mean, after predator 2 we got two more movies but they involved Alien, is like, Predator was pretty much Dead after P2, if it wasn't for Alien they wouldn't have made anything, then Robert Rodriguez brought predator back into theaters,
I mean... it just sucks, I wish they did at least predator 3 and 4, and I Wish they explored their world or their Hunting rituals more, there is so much more of Predator they could have done, Like having a Predator captured by the military and seeing the predator escape without any of his weapons, or the predator world, or seeing the Elder predator from P2 when he was young, And have a predator Actually win at the end of the movie...:gah:
I don't know, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Fox is going to do a Remake of the first one, (even though Predators was a remake pretty much) I don't think there is that much interest in pred movies, which really sucks, because he is one of the best and most iconic movie characters there is...

Predators was not a remake...

But anyway.. My dream come true would be this:

A sequel to Predators, but with many flashbacks to how Nolan got on, and survived on the planet.
I like Brody, like Predators, and would like to see what happens to him and Isabelle.

THEN.. Some Predator past movies..like, one in the medieval ages..with Knights, castles, Dragons..etc. Wait, yeah..2 predator history movies. The Medieval one first, then one before Humans existed..one back in Prehistoric times, Dino huntin and stuff..

THEN..... AvP: Prey the movie. Omfg..predatorgasm.
Then another Predator history movie on Earth, involving Humans.
Then the AvP: Prey sequel, War or Hunter's Planet..can't remember which is the direct sequel.
Then a random AvP movie taking place in the not so distant future, but in space, before Machiko and Dachande's time. OMG WAIT.
Okay, this movie would star Jason Statham as a Colonial Marine..it'd take place on a ship in space..Aliens'n Predators..and it would be the kickoff for a Statham Colonial Marine TV series.

Then we get the last of the Machiko trilogy..either War or Hunters Planet (like I said, can't remember the order).

Then the Predator homeworld stuff, and now the age of Predator is over and Alien gets some love (of course there will still be more Predator movies in the future).

Then..uhh..Prometheus and the futuristic Alien series with Billy and Wilks and them..

Would think of more, but my head and fingers hurt now..so... :lol

...but wouldn't this be wonderful? Each movie would be 3 and a half hours long and have LoTR quality. :D

Would it be that expensive? I don't know, I wouldn't want it to be like Avatar, I wonder if it would really be that expensive, or if they could do like Predators film in the Jungle and add CGI temples and stuff to make it more predator world, while filming in location somewhere
:dunno I dunno....

I think that 1 minute scene in AVPR cost them a bomb to make. A whole film would be expensive. Look at Predators; had a budget of $40million yet still the planet looked like earth, although the hunting camp was really well done.

I think they will wait for Schwarzenegger to become invloved again before they make the next Predator movie. Get Jim and John back to write it too!:D

Predators was not a remake...

But anyway.. My dream come true would be this:

A sequel to Predators, but with many flashbacks to how Nolan got on, and survived on the planet.
I like Brody, like Predators, and would like to see what happens to him and Isabelle.

THEN.. Some Predator past movies..like, one in the medieval ages..with Knights, castles, Dragons..etc. Wait, yeah..2 predator history movies. The Medieval one first, then one before Humans existed..one back in Prehistoric times, Dino huntin and stuff..

THEN..... AvP: Prey the movie. Omfg..predatorgasm.
Then another Predator history movie on Earth, involving Humans.
Then the AvP: Prey sequel, War or Hunter's Planet..can't remember which is the direct sequel.
Then a random AvP movie taking place in the not so distant future, but in space, before Machiko and Dachande's time. OMG WAIT.
Okay, this movie would star Jason Statham as a Colonial Marine..it'd take place on a ship in space..Aliens'n Predators..and it would be the kickoff for a Statham Colonial Marine TV series.

Then we get the last of the Machiko trilogy..either War or Hunters Planet (like I said, can't remember the order).

Then the Predator homeworld stuff, and now the age of Predator is over and Alien gets some love (of course there will still be more Predator movies in the future).

Then..uhh..Prometheus and the futuristic Alien series with Billy and Wilks and them..

Would think of more, but my head and fingers hurt now..so... :lol

...but wouldn't this be wonderful? Each movie would be 3 and a half hours long and have LoTR quality. :D
I Know Predators is not a remake, but it had a lot of elements that made it feel like one
and
LOL! :lol I didn't Mean movies Like that! I meant, there is so much to explore in predator movies, I didn't mean castles and dragons LOL
I just mean, The lost Clan from P2, wouldn't it been amazing to see them hunt together or something? or see the Elder when he was younger, or see them hunting in the past? like Robert Rodriguez wanted to do when he wrote the sequel to P2
I just think there is so much wasted potential with the predator story
I think that 1 minute scene in AVPR cost them a bomb to make. A whole film would be expensive. Look at Predators; had a budget of $40million yet still the planet looked like earth, although the hunting camp was really well done.

I think they will wait for Schwarzenegger to become invloved again before they make the next Predator movie. Get Jim and John back to write it too!:D

well not do it in green screen but, like i was thinking, filming in a real jungle like they did predators, but adding some stuff to make it look alien planet, I would actually hated if it looked like avatar with Predators in it, and people complaining that predators was an alien planet that shouldn't look lik Earth and bla bla, I kept thinking, Shut the hell up the planet looked fine, whatever, I mean, look at star wars or other alien movies that were filmed here before CGI, everything looked like Earth, no problem there,

Wouldn't have to be Dragons.. I would just love to see a Predator hunting in the Medieval ages, though.

A movie about the Elder and the Losties would be nice too.

Wouldn't have to be Dragons.. I would just love to see a Predator hunting in the Medieval ages, though.

A movie about the Elder and the Losties would be nice too.
LOL I didn't know if you were making fun of my post or not, but yes I agree predator through the ages would be good

Would still love to see an Elder take down a T-Rex.:yess:

yes, I would love that :yess:

So much could be done with the Predator franchise the list in endless. The problem is people in Holywood these days seem to have lost their imagination. I heard the first AVP was green lit for a few years, but scripts kept getting turned down until they got the one we saw. Well all those other scripts must of been horrible because even the script they picked was horrible.

So much could be done with the Predator franchise the list in endless. The problem is people in Holywood these days seem to have lost their imagination.

It's a shame that Predator 2 didn't do so well at the box office. A Predator 3 in the early 90's invloving the same writers and Stan Winston would have been great. I fear we may never see a true P1/ P2 style Predator film again.

LOL I didn't know if you were making fun of my post or not, but yes I agree predator through the ages would be good
A Predator hunting/riding Dragons has always been a dream of mine...I'm not saying throw in fairies, trolls, ogres, etc..
Just the Dragons, unless they cold add other mystical beasts without making it too cheesey..

There's just so many options..you could take Predators anywhere. I would love to live in a world with a new Predator movie each year for 5 or so, then switch off to the Alien franchise.. There's just so much potential, and it never gets old..

So much could be done with the Predator franchise the list in endless. The problem is people in Holywood these days seem to have lost their imagination. I heard the first AVP was green lit for a few years, but scripts kept getting turned down until they got the one we saw. Well all those other scripts must of been horrible because even the script they picked was horrible.

Jesus Christ.... if that was the best one... I mean, how is that even possible, no one could make one good script?... specially when they already had the story in the video game and just had to tweak it and adapt it to the big screen,

But I still say, the biggest problem with AVP was Paul WS Anderson, what a terrible terrible director, the movie would not be as bad if it wasn't for the horrendous cut scenes that happened any time a person dies, offscreen,
like i said, this character and this series has been beat up, chew up and spit out, no respect...

It's a shame that Predator 2 didn't do so well at the box office. A Predator 3 in the early 90's invloving the same writers and Stan Winston would have been great. I fear we may never see a true P1/ P2 style Predator film again.

yeah I know, following the story of P2 trying to capture the alien, that could have been cool to watch,

A Predator hunting/riding Dragons has always been a dream of mine...I'm not saying throw in fairies, trolls, ogres, etc..
Just the Dragons, unless they cold add other mystical beasts without making it too cheesey..

There's just so many options..you could take Predators anywhere. I would love to live in a world with a new Predator movie each year for 5 or so, then switch off to the Alien franchise.. There's just so much potential, and it never gets old..

well dragons were never real, that would be the only problem but dinosaurs and fighting a T Rex would be totally awesome

Back