The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New photo from the movie..

D98D26AE-075F-45DD-AB08-75F488961A15.jpeg

1990- 1994 was strong

1995 - It began to weaken

1996-1999- The dark age

For me the 90's are bordered by T2 and The Matrix. Jurassic Park in the middle.

There's some good movies -- like Usual Suspects and Goodfellas -- but other than a fairly short list of these exceptions, the decade is full of mostly forgettable movies that are of their time.

Something this film won't be, unfortunately. Well, at best, it could be the first reboot/remake that does it correctly, unlike ....SW. Oh boy, the irony, if that happens 20 years later.

As we speak, somewhere out there, James Cameron is working on his Avatar sequel.

By the time that comes out, the Avatar technology used in Avatar will actually exist, making his sequel irrelevant. Or should I say even more irrelevant lol...

The casting of Keanu was one of the big reasons I had no interest in seeing The Matrix in 1999. Looked silly and was flouting the SFX "bullet time" seen widely in those GAP commercials of the time (supposedly stolen from Wachowskis but didn't know that at the time).

Went to see it anyway... and was truly blown away by how good it was. Instantly became one of my favorite movies of all time.

Same thing happened to me with Die Hard. Not a Willis fan before that, and the trailer looked a bit silly with him jumping around, laughing manically. Just seemed like a cheap Commando rip-off inside a building. It instantly became a Top 10 favorite of mine... and my fav movie of 1988.

The casting of Keanu was one of the big reasons I had no interest in seeing The Matrix in 1999. Looked silly and was flouting the SFX "bullet time" seen widely in those GAP commercials of the time (supposedly stolen from Wachowskis but didn't know that at the time).

Went to see it anyway... and was truly blown away by how good it was. Instantly became one of my favorite movies of all time.

I went to see it with my brother. In 1999, I didn't own a computer and had not seen any footage or any of the marketing for some reason, except the movie poster and maybe some newspaper and magazine ads and photos. So yes, the film blew me away within the first 3 minutes when Trinity does her little jump and the camera spins around. The film could have gone down hill after that, but it got better. The story was actually interesting, good action, innovative special effects, cool costumes, and fight choreography not used in western films, it was like nothing I'd seen before. I do remember comparing it to Terminator because of the AI storyline and the all in black costumes and sunglasses.

Last edited:
I went to see it with my brother. In 1999, I didn't own a computer and had not seen any footage or any of the marketing for some reason, except the movie poster and maybe some newspaper and magazine ads and photos. So yes, the film blew me away within the first 3 minutes when Trinity does her little jump and the camera spins around. The film could have gone down hill after that, but it got better. The story was actually interesting, good action, innovative special effects, cool costumes, and fight choreography not used in western films, it was like nothing I'd seen before. I do remember comparing it to Terminator because of the AI storyline and the all in blac costumes and sunglasses.
Yep I remember saying terminator rip off in the theater lol

Back