The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what you find so rude? That I thought that calling the Disney agenda a "Fempire" is outdated and unfair? Did you read the comments I was responding to? If that?s so offensive, would it help if I called the statements old fashioned instead? How is your sarcastic remarks about my being and opinions not rude?
Just trying to understand what offended you so much and I will try not to offend you again.

I'm unclear on how it is you think this is "unfair" to flippantly shorthand it in that way - it was an openly acknowledged and conscious act that was extensively covered by the media. It created a reversed gender imbalance on the LFL creative side that was, for a time, far more imbalanced than it ever was previously.:dunno

"Kathleen Kennedy founded the group in 2012 when she succeeded George Lucas as president of Lucasfilm, putting Kiri Hart, a former film and TV writer, in charge of the unit. Ms. Hart's first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck."

Fempire is flippant yes, but "unfair"? No.

Why? Because your personal perception of a female agenda? Dunno why I bother

Just lemme make sure I got it.

All bad SW is KK
All good SW is someone else.

And all woman belong at home washing underwear and cooking meals.

Got it.

Who was responsible for Rogue One? And Solo? Just wondering.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
:lol

100% female story group + franchise that has historically skewed heavily male = no agenda.:lecture

So was the little guy trying to heal Mando as he patched up his arm? I got an "E.T. ouch..." vibe when he was reaching for his wound. Has the Force ever been used to heal in any previous EU?

I assumed he was trying to help Mando heal in some way. I?m not certain though. Sure looked that way. I can?t think of any reference that specifically mentions force healing though.

I'm unclear on how it is you think this is "unfair" to flippantly shorthand it in that way - it was an openly acknowledged and conscious act that was extensively covered by the media. It created a reversed gender imbalance on the LFL creative side that was, for a time, far more imbalanced than it ever was previously.:dunno

"Kathleen Kennedy founded the group in 2012 when she succeeded George Lucas as president of Lucasfilm, putting Kiri Hart, a former film and TV writer, in charge of the unit. Ms. Hart's first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck."

100% female story group + franchise that has historically skewed heavily male = no agenda.:lecture

So , by that logic, the 100 percent male story group? Is..... what? Same bias as the 100% female group then?

Do you agree?

And BTW the games have force healing.....

I can?t think of any reference that specifically mentions force healing though.

Barriss Offee was a "skilled Jedi Healer." Granted, this info is from back in the mid-2000s when I was actually interested in Star Wars, so I don't know if it's been ret-conned or something since then. Maybe not, if that's what the baby Yoda was doing, which I assumed it was.

Barriss_medstar2.jpg

Is that in a novel, Alice, or somewhere else?

Ha! I just remembered seeing that raw art back in the day, but I just looked into it, and it's from a novel literally called "Jedi Healer."

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/MedStar_II:_Jedi_Healer

How about the hand held trackers? Have those popped up before?

Don't quote me, but I think I recall some sort of similar tracking devices being used in the RepCom novels. It's been quite a while since I read them, though.

So , by that logic, the 100 percent male story group? Is..... what? Same bias as the 100% female group then?

Do you agree?

And BTW the games have force healing.....

What 100 percent male story group? Not sure what you mean by that.

My point is that SW has been a historically male-skewing franchise - why would you make the story group that guides that franchise 100% female if there wasn't an agenda?

Witty and very sound reply....

That answers nothing of the reasons you have for thinking KK is somehow responsible for everything bad and nothing good.

Careful your bias is showing.

All the SW KK was directly in charge of sucked ****.

The ones she had nothing to do with were better.

How is that a bias? It just is what it is.

It sure did look like the little fella was going to force heal him, but they just used it as a hint to his power until the reveal later in the epp. I would have preferred if there was no force stuff here, but, it is a big part of the franchise, so there is no escape. Whatever.

Here's the schedule, from cnet

Episode 1: Already available

Episode 2: Already available

Episode 3: Friday, Nov. 22

Episode 4: Friday, Nov. 29

Episode 5: Friday, Dec. 6

Episode 6: Friday, Dec. 13

Episode 7: Wednesday, Dec. 18

Episode 8: Friday, Dec. 27

You don?t have to prove anything. I?m aware of the ?agenda? you?re talking about. I?m just not opposed to it and I don?t feel alienated by it at all. I really don?t see the issue of telling stories in the SW universe centered around female leads. I don?t get the anger. You have your 95% male SW movies already. Even if the male dominated movies wasn?t a planned ?agenda? as such it was/is the ?agenda? of the whole industry.

I believe the words that are being applauded in this thread shows the point of the ?agenda?.

I know we have had this discussion before and I?d gladly have it again, but maybe we should dedicate a thread to it instead, so we don?t take over this one.

Don't take the bait....don't take the bait..........

OK. Anyway.

I have no problem with the baby being strong in the force. He's one of Yoda's species. That's supposed to be very very rare and very very special. At least, it was before Yaddle.

I really hope we never find out his origin or species. Cause if he's the product of Yoda and Yaddle...that's just gross. Nobody wants that mental image in their heads....yet...I've just put it there. You're welcome.

Back